Acronym.

Westbrook

It depends, you might get lucky and not get hit.

Also, acrnm.com orders are shipped from Germany while Subnet orders are shipped from the Czech Republic. The trade agreement between the US and the originating country can also play a part in calculating import tax.

And off course you can just look up the import tax rate and calculate it yourself...

Are any of the Softshells suitable as Summer jackets? What about the light shells, E-J21 in particular?

Depends what kind of temps. 3xDRY is the most summer-friendly Schoeller material on the ACRNM line-up but I find it slightly inadequate for cold airconditioned offices and a little too warm for 28+ degrees. The new WB400 is much warmer, quite suitable for cold airconditioned rainy office days when the 3xDRY falters, but there is no way I can wear that outside in the tropics.

The E-J21 is a fantastic summer jacket, the short sleeves help cool you down while keeping you protected; and you have the DS-SL1 option for colder environments. Personally, the WS-J25 and the GT-J21 are my go to summer shells. The E-J23 is a good option too on cooler days.

The new, thinner CH fabric (Schoeller WB400) is incredibly comfortable, warm and cozy, amazing for such a thin fabric. I'd pick that over any GT fabric, unless you need that full waterproof protection. It is definitely more of a cool spring type material than summer though. The fabric insulates heat and Energear-tech supposedly reflects far infrared rays back to the body. Although I'm a little skeptical, it does feel like there is some form of heat (like that from a hot stone) radiating back to the skin. Should be absolutely brilliant and super cozy in colder weather. Too bad I live in the tropics! The jacket itself (J31) exceeded all expectations for me, it's a very interesting mix of a biker jacket and japanese-inspired (Kimono Gusset Block) period wear. The silhouette is simultaneously clean and complex (zipped up vs open); modern and traditional; East meets West; a rebel ninja martial arts bike jacket cut from the best softshell fabric yet. It's the kind of protective garment you won't find anywhere else. Instant classic.

Appreciate the comments on the ch series. Does the material have a stretch? There is a huge disparity in the measurements between the ch-j3b and ch-j31. I think it's partly due to the construction, where the j3b doesn't use the same kimono gusset block. I'm thinking of going for the j3b, but the larges are all pretty much sold out. So it's either an M or XL. A 48cm chest seems much too narrow for me given their usual sizing. Anyone have any thoughts? Worth sizing up?

easily

Appreciate the comments on the ch series. Does the material have a stretch? There is a huge disparity in the measurements between the ch-j3b and ch-j31. I think it's partly due to the construction, where the j3b doesn't use the same kimono gusset block. I'm thinking of going for the j3b, but the larges are all pretty much sold out. So it's either an M or XL. A 48cm chest seems much too narrow for me given their usual sizing. Anyone have any thoughts? Worth sizing up?

Size up. It fits well around the shoulders and elsewhere, but it feels a bit constricted on the back and chest. Not sure if its just me, but this season jackets seems smaller than usual.

The WB300 has some give to it. Only reason why the constraint isn't as noticeable was because of the stretch of the fabric.

Edited by shanelong

What size do you usually wear? Do you own a previous ACRNM piece? If it helps, Errolson is 180cm in height. For the J-3B I won't size up, it's meant to be slim fitting. Large is available in Petrol, which I think looks better than the black. Petrol is such a slick colour too, do consider that rather than buying something that isn't in your size.

The WB300 has some give to it. Only reason why the constraint isn't as noticeable was because of the stretch of the fabric.

Yes the WB400 is a 2-way stretch fabric, feels thinner and lighter than Etaproof but more insulative; it's simply a beautiful fabric to wear; it falls so much better than Etaproof (at least when Etaproof is new, as it gets softer with age, but probably never to the extent of the WB400) The 2-way stretch construction means that it stretches horizontally for articulation but does not stretch vertically when you put things in those pockets. Clever.

I'm much more into the black than petrol. I'm a medium in something more traditional like visivm. I've got 4 acronym jackets, 2 medium and 2 large. The mediums I have are a bit tight for my taste actually, while the larges have been spot-on. Given the small measurements of the jacket I was thinking the XL might be the best way to go, which is why I was asking about the stretch. On Errolson and the haven model they seem to fit well as a medium, and I'm about their size, but normally like a somewhat loose fit. I don't want it skin tight or anything.

I'm still thinking the XL is the best way to go, as I'd prefer a jacket that's a bit big and can be layered underneath, rather than one that's too small and you can't do anything about.

Oh and just to update on the WB400 field test, in lower temps (21/22 °C) I can't feel any of the Energear "hot stone" effect, there's only so much a thin piece of fabric can insulate I suppose. But at 30°C and above, it feels like you're wearing a sauna!

That's definitely unfortunate. So the fees were around the 27% you were anticipating? Was the true value/cost declared on the package?

~280 for shipping, ~300 for import fees. And yes, they always declare the true value which i can understand since it is their business.

HiFredo, not at time of delivery, but sort of.

~280 for shipping, ~300 for import fees. And yes, they always declare the true value which i can understand since it is their business.

HiFredo, not at time of delivery, but sort of.

Holy shit, that's a heavy levy.

Has anyone tried to dye any of the old limonta 3a stuff to restore its color? Limonta is mostly cotton, correct?

Yes, I painted my bag! Very well suited for this paint Dylon! but I can say that after a while the material was burned, and the effect becomes old and wiped out!

Dylon paints a thing composed of 100% cotton, 100% linen. Amount of paint the color of the items depends on the weight thing! I think you can see the paint and paint process things corner dylon official site)

Here is their website: http://www.dylon.co.uk/

Edited by DevilsDancer

GT-J29A update: the sleeves are going to take some getting used to (not the easiest to just slip on), and they're ever so slightly too long. Also, I need to lose a couple of kg.

Compared to the DS-J5, the J29A is more tech, less blazer, as it isn't vented (the J5 has double vents) and the J29As sleeves detract from the stealth "this could just be a normal blazer" look. More pockets on the J29A are great though, and goretex is much better at repelling cat hair than 3xdry.

Jonboy, I thought the sleeves adjusted, so they could be shortened as needed. Or are you saying that they are too long even at their shortest?

Also, never thought of GoreTex in a cat-hair context. Too funny!

Since I don't have a cat (anymore) I could totally use a DS-J5, which is nice segue into my standard "WTB DS-J5 Medium, any color, worth your while!" exclamation.

Update on GT-29A

Might be qorth your while to order from Hanon-Shop as they appear to be about £250 ( $400 ) cheaper than anyone else as they are selling for £749.00

I am not connected to Hanon and am too big to wear the GT-29A !!

get 'em while they are priced as such !!

Jonboy, I thought the sleeves adjusted, so they could be shortened as needed. Or are you saying that they are too long even at their shortest?

Also, never thought of GoreTex in a cat-hair context. Too funny!

Since I don't have a cat (anymore) I could totally use a DS-J5, which is nice segue into my standard "WTB DS-J5 Medium, any color, worth your while!" exclamation.

You can shorten them to a point, but eventually your armpit gets in the way fo shortening them any further, as does the the velcro tab that attaches them to the same loop that the JACKETSLING is attached to.

Fitpic:

c73493aab0f911e2939b22000a1f9251_7.jpg

Edited by Dr Jonboy

I half agree with you, but at the same time, I find that when I'm wearing my DS-J5 or GT-J22, I often have the sleeves rolled up or hitched up. It's hot enough here in the summer and goretex is not really that breathable that, when it's not raining, short sleeves are the most comfortable.

On the other hand, you could never wear a long sleeve shirt and the J29A with short sleeves unless you wanted to look bizarre.

Then again the E-J21 is also a short sleeved jacket...

i mean i wear a short sleeve sweatshirt a lot and J21 looks allright (it's sporty and somehow radical) with the hood but the blazer collar with short sleeves does not work for me. and i think that comparing avantgarde brands(if i can call n(n) avantgarde) with tech brands is wrong.

GT-J29A10-01.jpg

10_grande.jpeg