Acronym.

Westbrook

Be warned. Once you get that first piece there's a good chance you might get hooked. And it's hard to curve the craving.

Truer words. I started small, post-Limonta, with a 3A-11TS iPad case (because it looked like genius kit and I finally liked a cloth tey were offering) and a KR-NG2 cashmere neck gaiter (because (1) I deliberately wear neck gaiters in winter, and (2) cashmere!!) via a friend with Subnet access. Hooked me through the bag. Have since pissed away the price of a weeklong Manhattan boutique hotel week stay, complete with sporadic hookers and hourly doses of gin, on other stuff.

I'm still of a mixed mind about the clothes, given the pricing, but the bags are the absolute teats, even at full retail.

Any thoughts on the DS-HD2? As a piece I love the zippers and schoeller fabrics are fantastic. With 20% off the Haven is my first choice for where to purchase, but if any one has seen a lower price around it'd be great to know.

Hi Northwest,

It's a pretty nice piece, but a couple of things to note:

- The fabric is strong but thin. Makes it a great layering piece but not as warm as a regular cotton hoodie or the J25 (different fabric).

- It fits slightly small. Normally medium works for me with ACR but should have probably taken a large for this piece.

- The pocket is kangaroo style, i.e. one large room accessible from both zippers, instead of two individual pockets (not clear on the pictures)

- The semi-external jacket sling takes a bit of getting used to when donning it

I haven't seen lower prices anywhere, which is not to say that they don't exist. However, discounted ACR is pretty rare, so I'd go for it.

Edited by TaoSpace

Thanks for the review TaoSpace! I was expecting thin fabric but thankfully the properties of schoeller fabric, specifically the water resistance, manage to make it viable as a wardrobe piece albeit a spendy one. Haven's model is close to my height so I will go with the small. I get more and more tempted to pull the trigger the longer I look at ACR collections. I only just discovered them but I am hooked on the aesthetic.

A few more comments on the DS-HD2...

The arm pockets will hold a passport.

Agree with TaoSpace regarding warmth, lack of it. The cloth is pretty breathable and offers nowhere near the snugglebunny effect a cotton hoodie does, or even that a thin polartec fleece garment would. I've worn mine outside under an eVent shell in a stiff breeze, at -15°C, and it was like wearing cheesecloth under a sieve. No insulating or windproof properties to speak of. That, however, can be a feature, not a bug, if one chooses when to wear the thing.

The JacketSling is, thankfully, removable. Velcro on-off.

I see mine as a perfect hoodie for sitting in airports and sleeping on planes. The pockets all zip, so you can chuck your keys and CIA letter openers and shit in it, zip it up, and feed it through the X-ray machine safely. You won't immediately turn into a ball of sweat racing down a terminal hallway under your 90-pound pack in this hoodie, because of that breathable textile. And the cloth has a fairly soft nap on the inside, so it won't irritate your elbows if you go short-sleeved under it. Finally, the hood is huge, perfect for blocking out the lonely supermodel in the next seat so you can concentrate on playing Call Of Duty on your Treo all the way to Mogadishu on the Concorde.

Acronym's product descriptions make anything more enticing. "Attention: use of Magnetic Dock Adapters in combination with iPhone may result in device failure and spontaneous generation of virulent highly-contagious self-aware computer viruses." It really is the little things that make a brand memorable sometimes.

Thanks for the additional info Misanthropod, as I think you described its ideal location of use perfectly. As a layering piece for travel, it would be outstanding.

Acronym's product descriptions make anything more enticing. "Attention: use of Magnetic Dock Adapters in combination with iPhone may result in device failure and spontaneous generation of virulent highly-contagious self-aware computer viruses." It really is the little things that make a brand memorable sometimes.

My favourite is:

Water repellent for unexpected bad weather. Stain repellent for unavoidable spills. Moisture control for uncomfortable heat. Fast drying for rapid re-deployment. 2-way stretch for unhindered movement. Anti-bacterial for unable to operate washing machine.

Last line always kills me

Thanks for the additional info Misanthropod, as I think you described its ideal location of use perfectly. As a layering piece for travel, it would be outstanding.

Never had a problem with my phone but I did once demagnetize a credit card thanks to a forcelock strip.

Aaaand it's gonna be outbound. Too small in the chest. I've put a sales post up in the Supermarket, if anyone's looking for one of these.

Mannnnnnnnn. And its such a great looking blazer too.

3A-MP2TS - BLACK/BLACK

3A-MTS4 - BLACK

£40 each delivered before Ebay

:)

also have a custom made Bagjack backpack , Black with olive straps and fidlock buckles

will get a pic up asap but same as top left - http://www.bagjackshop.com/en/urban-companions/

looking for around £60

Edited by greencarman

Mannnnnnnnn. And its such a great looking blazer too.

- Feel that pain too - I had to get rid of 4 ACR jackets as they did not fit in my quest - the old 'buy before you try' chestnut.

I know that Blazers are no good for me despite loving them and have to stick to anything 65cm and upwards for chest for the right fit - that does not leave too many options for me but on the upside I can focus, ergo, no more disappointment.

The new year should bring more options for me as I am saving my overtime claim in order to get the GT-J28 and a couple of extras.

Mind is still racing wondering what the new FW1314 will bring once subnet reveal takes place.Only a few weeks to go - waaaaay more exciting than christmas.

Now if only ACRONYM® made children's clothing - I would be boracic!

i believe he also answered someone via twitter that the 3a-12ts (uslu bag) might appear on the website as well...

to me, it's not so much a little makeup bag as it is a functional mini-bag for a camera and accessories or something

definitely need that

i believe he also answered someone via twitter that the 3a-12ts (uslu bag) might appear on the website as well...

to me, it's not so much a little makeup bag as it is a functional mini-bag for a camera and accessories or something

definitely need that

this was actually on the acr webstore for a while.. i debated on whether on getting it or not and the next time i checked, it was gone :|

Merry Christmas all you third-arming, jacket slinging, water repelling, urban special op agents.