Acronym.

Westbrook

Got a GT-J11 incoming in XL - I take it is quite a small XL though unlike other ACR jackets, hoping it fits and not too small, my last present to myself as I dearly want to get some of the SS13 kit.

Those pants are nice too -shame they are not XL - prob a good thing for me though ! !

Anyone got the GT-J11 and can decribe it's fit against other ACR garments of the same size they own?

GT-J11X arrived today in XL - love the jacket but it is too small for me fits more like a Large - bummer :(

Going to have to sell it it on and put the funds towards a larger ACR jacket.

The sizing on Acronym really throws me - I can wear Large in some jackets and yet some of the XL are too small, never can quite gauge the fit, equally frustrating that there are no retailers near to try the gear on either.

A fantastic versatile jacket though and someone is going to be VERY happy with it.

Shouldn't be that much of a mystery, they post measurements for all their clothing.

GT-J11X had an XL 1/2 chest measurement of 58.5cm

GT-J28 has an M 1/2 chest measurement of 59cm

They're all purpose cut (see above difference with blazer cut vs. field INTEROPSæ shell), but with the amount of specs/info they put out, I've always found it far easier (and w/ more consistency) to size their stuff than some other brands...

I hear you just my limited previous experience has not served me well, not complaining just frustrated by not fitting into the jacket I was desperate to wear !

I now know however what does and does not fit me so thanks for the guiding hand as it does aid in future purchases / selections.

here is a pic of my current 3a-sr1 suspensor set-up with 3a-wk2 (hooked in with the fidlock, tech c-clip dangling in the back) and 3a-mp1 (limonta) attachment

035kp.jpg?1

i still have the 13" laptop sleeve attachment but it has gotten zero use. not sure what to do with it, as it's pretty impractical to carry a heavy-ass laptop on your back. it can fit a book though...

anyway i have some extra tech sys clips to play around with.. thanks to the berlin team for the reinforcements ...

9zStf.jpg

thinking of hacking some more DIY pockets on there for more stuff, or maybe adding another peripheral pocket?

i wanna do something crazy.

I hear you just my limited previous experience has not served me well, not complaining just frustrated by not fitting into the jacket I was desperate to wear !

i agree - i've come to the conclusion that the measurements are only helpful when compared to other acronym gear with similar fit blocks. otherwise it's just ballpark

due to the recent loss of the device i quick-modded my 3A-3TS during weekend (and found the device on monday:D)

QLQR-SHORTENERæ-ON / FRONT VIEW

3A-MOD1.jpg

QLQR-SHORTENERæ-ON / REAR VIEW

3A-MOD3.jpg

QLQR-SHORTENERæ-OFF / REAR VIEW

3A-MOD2.jpg

LOCKED QUICK DEPLOY DEVICE (inspired by Bagjack unit) / BLACK OUT TRIGLIDE FILLERæ

3A-MOD4.jpg

ZIPPER STRAPS FROM J23 SPEEDLOCKæ / INSIDE CARABINERæ HOOK

3A-MOD5.jpg

SUBSYSTEMS:

WHERE_THE_HECK_ARE_MY_KEYS

SMOOTH_CRIMINAL

NOT_LOOSING_STEEZ_THIS_TIME

Protected by no or zero International Patents and / or Patents Pending.

Edited by danii

Decided that waiting to fit into two jackets that I love was not the best option so had sold them and will seek to purchase a more suitable jacket for my size / shape.

Looking at The GT-J28 as I love the look of that and the fit should be perfect - especially wearing a sweatshirt underneath too.

Love the fact too that it the Interopseæ as I can finally use the 3A-3TS.

I would like to give a big thanks to boardie TEKsevenZero for helping me out on a few things. Thanks again man!

I live in the SF bay area and as you guys may know, Darkside Initiative is one of the few carriers of ACR. Their website is minimal (no web store), but if you guys are ever looking for something give them a call. They're super helpful and can ship things out to customers. As of a few days go, they had a J27 in medium in stock and some other pieces...

^ Truth. When it's easier to find particular SuFu sales threads via a Google search versus using the forum engine, I'd prefer to see the unilateral sales post ban (something I objectively agree with, btw-) eased a bit...

Objectively for sure, obviously you don't need everyone selling jeans clogging up the various denim threads, but there was a similar discussion on the Visvim thread, where like on this thread, it becomes clear it is the same small community regularly watching and contributing, who are certainly grateful to see that an item is available, as opposed to having it swallowed up in the supermarket.