Acronym.

Westbrook

My issue is that they're where you'd find the bottom two buttons on a 3 button jacket or blazer, and you don't use the bottom button in that instance, but I suppose if you want it done up higher up, you just use the zip.

exactly - 3 button suit rule "always, sometimes, never;" this jacket only has sometimes and never ;P

i wonder how difficult it would be to get a button moved. the zip is not nearly as convenient as the buttons and increase heat-retention significantly which sometimes is not desired. I also find all the pockets are hard to get into/use.

Still, the only really good looking techblazer out there right now and it held up in the last nyc downpour w/o umbrella

Edited by Stacks

I thought the button placement on the DS-J5 was to allow you to reach into the holster pockets and whip out your piece without a button being in the way?

also on the subject of technical blasers, outlier did one and rapha are doing one atm (with shitty pink accents). Also:

http://www.tresbiens...ted-wool-jacket

Edited by Lloyd

did acr change the type of fidlocks used over the years?

so the old harness i have from the s-j14 has the old fidlocks that have printed "fidlock patented" on it...

like this one:

Y0YIg.jpg

i recently bought a 3a-wk2 keychain holder which appears to be a similar, but different kind of magnet

like the current model on the website: http://www.fidlock.com/verschluesse/slider.html

picture:

ExrGY.png

used interchangeably with each other, they will "click", but the magnets don't really attract each other in the same way

thus, they are not truly compatible....

the 3a-wk2 keychain in older product photos has the "old style" fidlocks too, but the new ones are "blank"

anyone know more detail? are these even the same models?

did acr change the type of fidlocks used over the years?

so the old harness i have from the s-j14 has the old fidlocks that have printed "fidlock patented" on it...

like this one:

Y0YIg.jpg

i recently bought a 3a-wk2 keychain holder which appears to be a similar, but different kind of magnet

like the current model on the website: http://www.fidlock.c...sse/slider.html

picture:

ExrGY.png

used interchangeably with each other, they will "click", but the magnets don't really attract each other in the same way

thus, they are not truly compatible....

the 3a-wk2 keychain in older product photos has the "old style" fidlocks too, but the new ones are "blank"

anyone know more detail? are these even the same models?

It sounds like if you have both and they aren't mating apporpriately and look a little different then they must be different models. Probably wouldn't be too difficult to order the new fidlocks and have them stitched in to your old suspensor so you can use your new keychain.

3A-8TS question. Just got one, Polyant version. Acronym website and enclosed cut sheet both say this regarding number of pockets:

POCKETS:

Total: 4

External: 3

Internal: 1

However, I can only find three. A handwarmer-style pocket at each end of the bag, and the removable rectangular zipper pocket module in the main compartment. Three. Three. Three!

the-deer-hunter.avi-0051814261.jpg

Three. Not four.

So. Do I need

1. An IQ test?
  2. An eye exam?
  3. An MRI?
  4. To stay away from high-speed stuff like Acronym and stick to nice, uncomplicated, smelly 19th-centrury canvas dreck like Duluth and Fogg?

Sharpen your fingers of damning and heap your scorn upon me.

Edited by misanthropod

• 2 weeks later...