Acronym.

Westbrook

odd question and maybe not the right place to ask, but, has anyone found a technical shoe that fits with acronyms aesthetics, that is not a nike or tech running sneaker?

i slept on these but shouldn't have...

mLTGG.jpg

or if u spend a lot of time fighting crime and jumping off rooftops maybe all black 5fingers

Edited by Stacks

odd question and maybe not the right place to ask, but, has anyone found a technical shoe that fits with acronyms aesthetics, that is not a nike or tech running sneaker?

Well, it is Nike, but how about a pair of SFBs?

Having to have my DS-J5 rather heavily tailored but with no Ms available anywhere, what can you do? Should get it back next week.

Edited by Dr Jonboy

I like th ETA cotton but something tells me I will LOVE the Schoeller and therefor might opt to get that version instead and change from green to black as ultimately black will wear with pretty much anything else.

Hi TEK, you can study the acrnm video and see how the Schoeller fabric drapes compared to the Stotz. Schoeller should also be heavier and warmer, better for colder climes.

I am having to send back my S-CP2 to exchange however, can anyone tell me me how much the two fabrics (SS-CP2 & S-CP2) differ in fit / feel / drape & movement?

Been wearing my SS-CP2 for much of last week and I've handled the S-CP2 briefly at Firmament. It's definitely a big difference between the fabrics. The Schoeller is much thicker and stiffer than the cotton - think neoprene. Because of that, the garment retains its shape more and drapes less. I've found the collar to be easily adjustable, it folds nicely into different shapes and positions.

Really glad that I picked up the Schoeller version, feels much more like an armor - which is what I expected from this piece.

Does anyone else with a J27PL have their zipper end about an inch before the top of the zipper cover?

I think my jacket might not be zipping up all the way but don't want to bother Firmament if it's like that with every other jacket.

Either way, the other thing that throws me off is the top stop for the left half of the zipper is quite small. If the jacket is fully zipped up and I give it a decent tug the slider comes right off the left half of the zipper tape. I figure if the zipper went up about an inch more fully into the zipper cover the small top stop wouldn't be a problem.

The zip on my J22 from last season does the same thing.

Does anyone else with a J27PL have their zipper end about an inch before the top of the zipper cover?

I think my jacket might not be zipping up all the way but don't want to bother Firmament if it's like that with every other jacket.

Either way, the other thing that throws me off is the top stop for the left half of the zipper is quite small. If the jacket is fully zipped up and I give it a decent tug the slider comes right off the left half of the zipper tape. I figure if the zipper went up about an inch more fully into the zipper cover the small top stop wouldn't be a problem.

ummm...aren't you just talking about the escape zip?...

When you pull up the zip for that extra inch it goes into escape zip mode and you can pull the jacket loose by splitting the zipper teeth al the way down.

woah, that's intentional? I seriously just thought it was a shifty zipper. mind blown.

Yes, it was not listed as a feature but they put it in anyway, same with the J29.

Together with the gravity pockets and sound forcelock it's one of the pinnacle acrnm features.

the firenze from that pack is still available at bodega... but yeah roccia vet is better

thanks for the heads up i think i'm actually gonna grab a pair of those for the impending frost.

cmdr: thanks sir, the 5ts is pushing the back in a little I wish it was a tad slimmer but yeah the sleeves are on point.

Just received a as new gt-j15 goretex soft shell

Anybody give me any info on this

What year produced etc

Also got my ds-hd2 delivered but not sure on the sleeve lenght

gt-j15 released for the first time for 0809 season and reissueed (unchanged) in 0910 ;)

Edited by daniel

do you have something against nike and running sneakers? since those are the most forward looking sneakers out there and hence compatible with acronym's aesthetics. there are nike running shoes from the 90s that still look wild and futuristic and i'm going to wear my wildedge gtx's tomorrow because you just reminded me of them

Gonna go out on a limb and say the GT-J29 is the favorite jacket in my ACR collection. Glad I sized down. Doubly glad I stuck with Black over the Petrol (though that is a nice color on it's own). Does not have ESCAPE ZIPÆ, so I'm not sure if you just got lucky or what shadows.

Less happy with the UPS brokerage fee, but...

Gonna go out on a limb and say the GT-J29 is the favorite jacket in my ACR collection. Glad I sized down. Doubly glad I stuck with Black over the Petrol (though that is a nice color on it's own). Does not have ESCAPE ZIPÆ, so I'm not sure if you just got lucky or what shadows.

Less happy with the UPS brokerage fee, but...

Did you order from ACR or Firmament? Didn't get any import fees for my order with the latter (which is a relief since i've had to spend $110ish on having it altered to fit).

ACR. I've been hit with fees going through Firmament (and Hanon, IIRC - amongst others) in the past. I can't tell if there's a break point where Customs will notice (like anything over $500), or if it's UPS, or if it's just a crap shoot. Pretty sure I ended up paying close to what the VAT would have been had it been purchased in the EU...

ACR. I've been hit with fees going through Firmament (and Hanon, IIRC - amongst others) in the past. I can't tell if there's a break point where Customs will notice (like anything over $500), or if it's UPS, or if it's just a crap shoot. Pretty sure I ended up paying close to what the VAT would have been had it been purchased in the EU...

I think it's a crapshoot - I bought all three of the womenswear pieces from last FW for my wife from Firmament and never got a customs bill, and they would have been well over the threshold, you'd think.