Acronym.

Westbrook

Nah i actually havent, i just figured that'd be no go without even trying, twitter the only hope of reaching them or?

Yeah I doubt there is deadstock for that particular model. But you can try twitter or this: http://www.acronym.de/contact.php

I asked Acronym earlier this year about reissuing the S-J1A, and they said it's possible (some models you can't get the fabrics/materials anymore). So your asking might help!

Guys how weather/water resistant and general rough use capable is 3A-5TS and the DP fabric bag attachments (3A-MZ2TS, 3A-MK1, 3A-MTS4, etc)? I know some of you guys have had them for ages.

FWIW, I've had the 5TS and various attachments (MK1, MK2, MK3, MTS4) for about a year. Mostly used for work in nyc, but it's been snowed and rained on regularly while I trudge to and from the subway and nothing ever gets wet. I also have taken it camping on numerous occasions.

The new fabric (with the diamonds) shows basically no sign of wear or tear.

FWIW, I've had the 5TS and various attachments (MK1, MK2, MK3, MTS4) for about a year. Mostly used for work in nyc, but it's been snowed and rained on regularly while I trudge to and from the subway and nothing ever gets wet. I also have taken it camping on numerous occasions.

The new fabric (with the diamonds) shows basically no sign of wear or tear.

I have the older Limonta version and other than fading the material holds up really well. I've had the 3a5ts, 3aMK1, 3aMK2 and 3aMP1 for about 3 years and wear them daily to cycle to/from work (about an hour round trip) in all weather. They are holding up really well considering how much they've been used. I was hit by a car a while ago, got hurled about 15 feet over my handlebars and landed on the bag and it only got a minor tear, probably saved my back!

absolutely amazing piece of technical clothing, that one. can't wait for mine to drop next month. did anybody else order it?

Indeed! I ordered one but Etaproof version. Waiting with impatience too.

There are too many amazing pieces in the FW12/13, for me there are 5 standout pieces of which I have to get at least 3 plus the ancilliaries.

May well end up shedding all my Shadow Project outers at this rate to get in with a chance of ACR smartbomb !

Wonder if ACRONYM will venture into the territory of footwear, that would be very interesting, although perhaps a little risky given a market that is saturated.

Not sure what innovation can be made beside the draw of the brand in the world of footwear. Sure would be interesting though.

I know of the collab a few years ago with Nike but that is about it, anyone heard rumblings?

I saw the Nike x Acronym collab a few years ago. Only one pair was made and it was for Mr. Hugh himself. It would be interesting if he tried his hand at footwear. I imagine it would incorporate high tech materials with some kind of ACR system (ForceLockæ, Escape Zipæ, SpeedLockæ). What footwear do you like to wear with your Acronym? I really like the recently released Converse x Schoeller collab: http://www.freshnessmag.com/2012/08/20/schoeller-x-converse-pro-leather-fs/

Errolson designed a pair of shoes for Stone Island a couple of years ago (high tops and low cuts). The high tops have velcros and the low cuts have zippers for easy access. I have the high tops and they're superb; super comfy, great profile, weather resistant and perfect for travel. The soles are nice and soft, but they do wear out quite quickly; but it'd rather that than brittle, hard rubber. Hope to see more footwear designs out of him.

IMG_2792.jpg

firmament berlin still has google cached measurements for a ton of ACR releases if you just search for them, measured in CM

but in general it's usually sleeve length and length of the body that changes the most inbetween sizes, pit to pit and shoulder to shoulder usually dont differ more then a couple of CM.

may want to pick up the acronym 3A-3TS

the description says it's a non-laptop bag, the same description as the 3A-1, but of course some of you guys still put a 15 mbp in there. What or why is it a non-laptop bag? is it snug to put your 15 mbp in there or is it not designed/have the amenities to carry a laptop?

should i wait for the new bags, if any, to drop?

and what is the best/cheapest place to pick up this bag?

ill try to help you out to the best of my ability.

first let me start off by what acronym products I have. 3A-5TSR + 3A-L1-15(x-pac) + various 3rd arms.

The 3A-L1-?? Are just a Soft Shell case that won't really protect your MBP to the BEST of its ablity if your bag doesn't have the back pad but it will protect it don't get me wrong . The 3A-5TSR has a Plastic Back pad that adds a layer of protection by taking energy from direct blows that the 3A-L1-?? itself can't protect

The 3A-3TS looks like it conforms to your body with the natural curves in the bag and judging from this pic1946030_B_05_500.jpg looks like it doesn't have the ability to use a 3A-1 to its maximum potential(by putting it between the inner lining and the outer shell) and that probably why it is a non-laptop bag . + you would be dinging up MBP case or the MBP on that big Zipper every time you pull it in and out(of course this will be over long period of time).

but again I came to this conclusion by looking at just a couple pics. hopefully someone on this forum will have both a 3A-3TS and any 15 inch laptop and can help you out with a good answer. If you were not Thinking about getting a 3A-L1-?? you have some information about it now.

I recommend you wait and see what bags will be coming out in the fall and the cheapest places to buy acronym gear as far as I know is of course Ebay.

My Opinions. and I will stand corrected. :)

Edited by matticus