Acronym.

Westbrook

Thanks for the info cmdr, it's tricky.

I am going to keep my hard earned for the AW12/13 drop then. There are a few bits there that are just killing me!

Took a look at the J23 again and I realized why the hood fits large on me; it's the tall collar and my short neck :) The hood itself looks to be similar in size with my other ACR hoods. Still a great jacket, and there won't be a VEHICULARæ jacket for a while.

• 2 weeks later...

Calling owners of S-J11, can the fit be described on this jacket and how does the fabric wear/feel.

I like that the collar can be flipped up changing the look aesthetic of the garment from more to less formal also, I have seen various colours, grey / black / olive ?

Was it just the photos that appeared to show different colours or was it only available in two, ie Black & Olive?

Sorry for the questions but just snagged on in XL and looking forward to wearing my 1st ACR, just wondering how different in feel it'll be to my Shadow Project pieces.

Depending on season and fabric it has been produced in Black, Brownish Grey and Olive (Raf Green). (And black spanish leather)

The fit is profile, so make sure you hold in your tummy ;)

The Stotz fabric is great for the J11 as it is softer then Gore-Tex and therefore the drape of the fabric is better.

The feel of the fabric is hard to describe, it's somewhere in between a pretty thick piece of cotton and canvas. Just a nice piece of fabric for a jacket. Though enough to whit stand the weather elements but soft enough to drape nicely, and not so flimsy as canvas,

Edited by Cloud_SB

Don't have the J11 myself, so I could be off, but I think the Stotz versions have extra shoulder pleats for improved articulation. Stotz is basically ventile (which is basically high density cotton) and share similar properties: they are thicker and stiffer than regular cotton, rustles a bit more and loses color after every wash as the dyes can't fully penetrate the dense weave. They also get softer with every wash and drapes better with age. My SP1-TS is practically baby smooth after 2 + years of use and abuse.

Shadow is similar to Acronym in a lot of ways (modular, hidden pockets, minimalist silhouettes, military-inspired) and advances some concepts developed in ACR, like stealth jackets, hybrid use of materials etc. But at the end of the day, Shadow is a collaboration between 2 companies with inherently different strengths/philosophies/cultures, and that is what really sets the Shadow pieces apart from Acronym. Different yet similar, thus quite easy to mix and match pieces from both lines.

Edited by cmdR

Thank you both for the input, I am quite excited about the prospect of wearing it, seeing as I have also lost alot of weight and can not fit into ACR !

I have the Shadow Stealth Jacket and a few others along with liners and other Skin/Augment pieces, but this is my first foray into ACR and def not my last.

My next piece is the Cape in XL and cannot wait for that to drop to be able to acquire- just need to raise the funds, prob will shed some of my Shadow gear, not even road tested alot of it, but the lure of that cape is too much.

Was invited by Mr Hugh himself to Subnet access, which was quite the honour and will be utilising that for W13 when funds will allow.

Still the S-J11 is hotly anticipated and I will update as and when it arrives.

Again thanks to Cloud SB & cmdR for their assistance and tech knowledge.

Hoping that we might see a return to the fieldpants of old or at least a new iteration on that articulated looser style.

Alternatively & I do apologise for veering away from the topic, is there anything available from another brand that MIGHT compare favourably?

When does the mothership deploy the ACR payload ? got to be VERY soon now?

ACR purchase above thwarted sadly.

This does however pave the way for the FW1213 drop that is imminent.

Targeting about 4 products- funds prevailing, so am shedding some Shadow Project to assist in the acquisition.

Acronym heads.... get at this..

http://supertalk.sup...-j7-size-large/

http://supertalk.sup...j4l-size-large/

Grab both from me for $1100 AUD shipped.

- PR23 - you got P2P measurement on the J7? v.interested in that and in fact the J4L P2P too ?

Are you talking Aussie Dollar?

Is there anyone who can tell me about an experience with ACR SS-CP1 ?

My wife has one. She finds it a very interesting piece, but not that functional. Based on her feedback I didn't bother ordering one of the newer ones (which at least have hoods).

l_01.jpg

Let's try for a M or L then instead?, any of ya'll have one hanging in your closet and would be willing to start discussing letting it go if we set the bar at a stack? (1000$)

Have you asked acronym if they have any remaining stock or even a sample left somewhere ? did that with 6876 once and it worked