Acronym.

Westbrook

Aw man! came across some old OCP-KA1 images again.

That shirt was so sick, best they've done in all those years in my opinion. Simple but right on the money!

With a re-issue i would instantly buy all available colors times 2 (black, white and grey please!)

And those graphics of the Twin Tubular knitted stuff (TT-LA1/2 TT-KA1/2) can be recycled any time!

Those were also great looking back on it.

Edited by Cloud_SB

damn... forgot there was a separate acronym thread...

Anyone use the acronym 3A-1 messenger bag? How do you like it? I found one at a decent price, but never seen the thing in person... I like that the strap is extendable which I think makes it much more usable. If you have any pics of it and the interior, that would be great too. Thanks in advance.

I have 2 versions of the 3A-1, both are being used for daily use.

Best non-laptop bag there is for me! (although i still put my 15inch mbp in it usually). Since I have my 3A-1 my 3A-5TS is just sitting in the corner never being used.

I'll post some detailed pictures for you up in a minute. (I only have limonta versions by the way)

I only took photo's of my green limonta version for you.

Let me know if you want anything on the black version of any specific parts etc. Or PM

1: Front view

2: Front view with inner pockets (2x zipper pocket 1 open pocket) layed out.

3: Inside view with inner pockets

2nrcysw.jpg

2dc78df.jpg

34temux.jpg

Awesome... thanks so much for the pics! I don't know why acronym and the other resellers never post pics of the inside and zipper opening. It looks like a very user friendly bag. I may have to pick it up - primarily for use to carry my camera around, but also some documents, etc.

since it fits a 15" mbp, I'm guessing that A4 sized docs aren't a problem. Thanks again!

ps - STF is up with sufu today - everything is so damn slow...

Hi, New on here. Not usually a message board kinda dude but, could any of you knowledgeable peeps give me a rough estimate of resale value for an immaculate condition GT-J4L?

I have one which gets little use & thinking of moving it on.

Thanks!

Hi, New on here. Not usually a message board kinda dude but, could any of you knowledgeable peeps give me a rough estimate of resale value for an immaculate condition GT-J4L?

I have one which gets little use & thinking of moving it on.

Thanks!

with your words a little that you can understand! i would have looked at your photos of this stuff! take a picture and attach them to this topic! will assume that the price will be 300 to 500 euros!

Thanks for the help man. I didnt want to post a bunch of pics as most people know exactly what that jacket looks like.

Also, being first post & this not being the supermarket, I thought that'd be a lame thing to do.

Three questions for the knowledgeable people in here.

1. Best place for me to source a F/W 0809 s-j1a and a FW11 gt-j5a in XL would be.

2. Price range what should i expect to pay (is there even any point in hoping to find DS ones still?)

3. Is it wise to trust the measurements given for these items on say firmaments site + acronym's own?

Thank you for your time.

1. Didn't see any on the typical guilty parties sites, you can run through the ACR stocklists tho; otherwise YJP!, eBay, SuFu.

2. DS, not too likely and depending on what venue; $900~$1200. There were a couple BNWT GT-J5As recently (~3/4mo) on YJP! that ended up at 100,000y.

3. Yes. Firmament just uses the listed ACR measurements IIRC.

The material is completely different between the two jackets. ProShell on the GT-J5A will be here long after you or I; the Etaproof on the S-J1A is cotton based and will naturally show some wear with time.

In terms of construction; fairly bombproof, though I doubt most people use them in a disposable manner. There was a great blog-type post by someone who'd been using an ACR jacket continuously for a number of years. Think ERLSN linked that off his twitter. Maybe someone can dig the link up.

is the acronym gt-j5a like a staple model btw that pretty much returns every F/W season?, wondering since there seems to be several versions of it dating back a couple of years.

as in i might aswell hold off until F/W this year drops then, instead of going hunting hard for a F/W 11 now.

The GT-J5A is a model that sometimes comes back.

Never in the same form though, there are always some slight adjustments in the model.

Essentially that's the case with every Acronym jacket, if they get re-produced in a later season it's always an evolutionary model.

Sometimes re-iterations of models have so many adjustments that they even get there own name/number.

You can never be sure a jacket is re-produced next season.