Acronym.

Westbrook

Haha, no, but I'm definitely a long-time William Gibson fan. One of the characters in Zero History is supposed to be based on a certain underground Berlin-based apparel designer....

Ahh I just discovered William Gibson Recently and my friend has been raving about Zero History.

Anyways I love how you set your bag up. Just curious, how do you find the solar panel charger? And what do you use it for? I've been toying with the idea of getting one but there's really not much information out there about it.

Cheers! Oh and I love the pics! Something tells me, you're using a nice little camera... perhaps a Leica? :)

Ahh I just discovered William Gibson Recently and my friend has been raving about Zero History.

Anyways I love how you set your bag up. Just curious, how do you find the solar panel charger? And what do you use it for? I've been toying with the idea of getting one but there's really not much information out there about it.

Cheers! Oh and I love the pics! Something tells me, you're using a nice little camera... perhaps a Leica? :)

Thanks analog29, still fiddling around with the set-up (took off the pen holders, too busy). The solar panel itself is more for style and the concept; I just like the way it looks and the idea that I can be gathering energy while on the move. The battery does come in very handy though, especially when using devices like the iPhone, which runs out in less than a day of constant use. Usually though, I just charge the batt using a USB charger when I get back to the hotel.

Thanks glad you like the shots, they're taken on a Canon 7D, but I do carry a Voigtlander 3M Rangefinder in my bag.

Can someone advise me on the Speedlock feature of ACR garments. It is pretty obvious that you can pull the black tab for a quick cinch, and it seems like you should be able to pull the olive green hang tags for a quick release. But pulling the green tags does not seem to be working for me, it seems like I am going to rip them off the jacket. Thanks for any input.

Hi markdjr, which jacket do you own? Some of the Set-1's GT-J21s have the speedlock green webbing wrongly attached. The green webbing should loop around the *elastic cord*, between the eyelets and the stopper and not the milspec anchor tape.

Quoting Errolson on this one:

''If your cordlock is tied the same way as in the WRONG picture, simply undo the knot and retie it as shown in the RIGHT picture. (The green webbing should loop around the *elastic cord*, between the eyelets and the stopper.)

You can then test it by tightening the drawcord and then pulling gently on the green webbing to loosen it. If it loosens, then everything is perfect.''

2gxphg2.png

Thanks! Yeah I was staring at the video for the longest time before i realised Errolson already had the end detached. Wish they put a bit more thought there though, It's a real pain to detach, and it would have been great if there was a way to quickly detach when you want to use the strap and reattach to stow it back in the original position.

Alright, so I made a quick little mod of my own. I took one of those webbing tabs with the MOLLE clips (that came with a MK1 pouch) and I attached it to the original anchor on the left using the clip. The tab then hangs straight down and I loop the strap right through that. Not perfectly tight but at least there's a way to quickly release it while having a place to stow it away when not needed. Hope this helps others!

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to thanks to Dirk at Concrete.nl for sending out some Acronym attachment pieces for my 3A-5TSR. The best part was the duty... there was none :) I highly recommend these guys in the future!!!

And a post without pics is useless so here they are! I've been playing around with the attachments and I think i'll be swapping between the 3A-MK2 and the 3A-MZ2TS for the future. Both together might be a bit much...

Setup 1 with 3A-MK2, 3A-MZ2TS, 3A-MTS4, 3A-MP1 and 3A-WK2

5587375248_ff9a0c95e7_z.jpg

5586782029_635f1ed6c7_z.jpg

Setup 2 with 3A-MZ2TS, 3A-MTS4, 3A-MP1 and 3A-WK2

5587375470_fe77ddcf8b_z.jpg

5586782163_0a4b6ea5bf_z.jpg

5587375196_7b835c814e_z.jpg

5586782281_2f589d1b72_z.jpg

Hey analog29, thanks for coming through with the pictures! I dig your setup 1 actually. I'm wondering if it's possible to align the left and middle compression buckles on the 5TSR with the ones on the MK2? It almost looks like it could fit. Nice mix of Limonta and Dimension Polyant too. Please keep us posted on how you evolve the 5TSR down the line.

In the attempt to lose less sleep about this brand, would anyone with Subnet access know whether they're releasing a variant of the 3A-9TS bag for F/W11?

Or do their 3As not follow the seasonal schedule? I wouldn't mind waiting if the promise of an improved design (the strap troubles the last couple pages) of the same platform is coming out down the line.

would anyone with Subnet access know whether they're releasing a variant of the 3A-9TS bag for F/W11?

Def being released but whether it's a variant with the strap I am not sure.

Finally got pack1 in. Customs held that shit for over a week.

Did the adjustments/repositioning on the pull cord for the sleeves. That worked, but I'm a tad confused by what's going on with the waist tabs. Theyre different tabs. The larger tab system works fine however the smaller tab system (close to the 3A access zip) seems to misconfigured. The OD green cord was attached to the tape as is 'wrong' in Erolsons pic.

Anyone look at this? Is that how it's meant to be?

For reference:

2gxphg2.png

So this is the left tab which I think is ok

5609605322_dcf1194059_z.jpg

And this is the right tab which had the strap connected to the tape. Initially I configured it as in the pic above but noticed unusual bulk and it seemed cramped. I've left it in this stare now:

5609606008_9dd7647e77_z.jpg

not sure on the right side black cord thing missing. I do not owe J21. black to tight & olive to ?

left looks like it is correct.

configure the right olive stap in the way ERLSN pic shows it. NOT terminal as shown in yours but being attached to both straps.

should work propper then.

^ yeah it would make MORE sense if it was configured/made like that... but it doesn't :( ha

Is the left side correct, or are they both the same? If just the right side is fucked, maybe you could send it to Berlin to be fixed? Not an ideal situation, but warranted, IMO.

configure the right olive stap in the way ERLSN pic shows it. NOT terminal as shown in yours but being attached to both straps.

I had but since it's missing the extra black piece like the sleeves the olive strap wasn't really working.