russia :: moscow :: general

andreas

• 2 weeks later...

Hardly can't imagine no one's ever been there! A knowledgeable contact there would be nice too, you know... Anyway, I will be in Moskva the following days:

December 26 - January 4

Spassiba!

Andreas icon_smile_big.gif

The countdown has started!

I will be in Moscow from December 26 to January 4. So, gimme those leads, tips, recommendations, ideas please*

Spasiba!

Andreas

* ultimate begging tone

This might be useful (although I can’t vouch for the quality and they don’t seem to have shopping tips) http://www.jetsetmoscow.com

Never been there but have heard...

if you can get to the countryside, maybe go to Zhukovka which is where the wealthy Moscow playthings have their weekenders (described as "the East Hampton of Moscow" - which might not be a good thing).

In Zhukovka, the Tretyakov Projezd is a luxury brand arcade akin to Via Montenapoleone in Milan. I think Wallpaper reviewed within the last year or two.

• 7 years later...
The concept of second-hand clothing doesn't sit well with urban Russians imo...

Did a quick search for some clothing markets... this one is indoor http://gmstar.ru/moscow/2-57764-lublinskiy-rynok-gup.html , and another one (outdoor + under cover bit) http://planetfashion.ru/content/rynok-luzhniki.html

Hope that helps.

Cool, thanks. I'm basically looking for a few vintage Russian/Soviet t-shirts. The stranger, the better. Will I be able to find that at the above markets? Or at Frik Frak?

Thanks.

Well, the novelty propaganda poster tshirts are available everywhere for tourists. Can't really say I've ever tried to find vintage tshirts of that nature, nor have seen any from memory.

Try the markets, if for experience then anything else (ps: hope you speak a bit of Russian or have someone who does cause the prices can be brutal for tourists).

• 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

only free stuff to do - like artplay - some nice area of moscow where you can walk around and see some nice piece of art in the street - i think i had enough of palaces and churches for now haha

Any concept store also to look at? i've been to ukstyle and leform (2/3).

• 8 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...