Balenciaga denim thread

dansta

I almost bought some last fall, don't remember the model name, but they fit a lot like dior 19. inseam is not as long though. they had another model with some ugly beads around the waist and a giant zipper closing the back pocket, which i thought were ugly.

not much help here, but hopefully others are able to contribute more than me

Well, I just got back from their store in NYC. First off, the sales staff are incredibly rude. It didn't seem to matter that I was dressed well (Dior jeans, Rick Owens etc).

In terms of jeans, they had four or five (ugly) pre-washes, and some raw indigos. The smallest size they had (in any style) was a 30" waist, so I didn't even bother trying anything on (I'm 28" in Diors). The woman "helping" me refused to say if, or when, they would have new stock.

Despite all this, I do want to try these jeans. I'm interested to hear opinions/comparisons from anyone who actually owns a pair!

Well, I just got back from their store in NYC. First off, the sales staff are incredibly rude. It didn't seem to matter that I was dressed well (Dior jeans, Rick Owens etc).

In terms of jeans, they had four or five (ugly) pre-washes, and some raw indigos. The smallest size they had (in any style) was a 30" waist, so I didn't even bother trying anything on (I'm 28" in Diors). The woman "helping" me refused to say if, or when, they would have new stock.

Despite all this, I do want to try these jeans. I'm interested to hear opinions/comparisons from anyone who actually owns a pair!

Last time i was there i had the same experience. Crap staff.

i have been quietly enjoying Balenciaga denim before the hype kicks in. once i bought few pairs i said goodbye to diors, quality alot better, cut almost the same, little better imo.

Where did you buy them? And when you say the cut is similar to DIors, do you mean the 19cm? Does Balenciaga only have one cut for their jeans?

Where did you buy them? And when you say the cut is similar to DIors, do you mean the 19cm? Does Balenciaga only have one cut for their jeans?

Yes cut is similar to 19cm, maybe slightly more tappered at the knee and below

sadly there isnt many places online where you can find easily, but i've been hunting yoox new arrivals.

Yes, they are based on the Dior 19cm, although a little slimmer through the thigh and leg as noted by the last poster. The inseam is very long just like Dior and they come in two hem versions "18cm" and "20cm". The "18cm" is more common and definitely the one to go for.

Fit is much better than Dior if you are of slim build. Washes are usually more subtle than current Diors (less Diesel style), and many of then have a slight wax coating. Really nice jeans.

This is a fit pic of the Balenciagas:

rimg0016o.th.jpg

dtolo, are the waist sizes comparable to Diors, too? I'm in London right now and Harvey Nichols has a couple of prewashes in 28... But I wear a 29 in Dior... And I don't particularly want to trek out to Harvey Nicks if they're not going to fit.

It didn't seem to matter that I was dressed well (Dior jeans, Rick Owens etc).

I like that somehow you think you should have gotten great service because you were dressed well. I would like to think everybody would get good service or nobody would get good service. At least they are equal opportunity haters.

I wish it weren't that way, but the fact of the matter is that when I go into a high-end clothing store wearing Levi's and Chucks, the staff usually ignore me. If I go in wearing my best clothes, they assume I'm rich and pay me more attention. The reason I mentioned it with Balenciaga is because their boutiques are known to be particularly snooty.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I just got a pair of Balenciaga Black Wax Jeans Size 30 from Japan. Those are BNWT. Sadly, I don't fit in them. Just for comparison I wear size 30 in Dior Homme Ink Me (MIJ) and size 29 in Powder Blue Sprayed (MII), both BAS17.5. Those Balenciaga are definitely smaller than my Diors. If you guys are interested I have them for sale here

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=290947

• 3 months later...

FYI, yoox has has received tons of raw denim and they are now discounted so a pretty good deal at $245

Ordered some in 32 and 33 (wasn't sure of my size), but they're both too big. just ordered a 31 and wish they had 30 (don't remember if they had some or not). Depending on how much they stretch, i may be ok with a 31 (i hope). will report back. very dope jeans btw, denim is a little thicker than DH so hopefully the crotch won't blow out as easily.

FYI, yoox has has received tons of raw denim and they are now discounted so a pretty good deal at $245

Ordered some in 32 and 33 (wasn't sure of my size), but they're both too big. just ordered a 31 and wish they had 30 (don't remember if they had some or not). Depending on how much they stretch, i may be ok with a 31 (i hope). will report back. very dope jeans btw, denim is a little thicker than DH so hopefully the crotch won't blow out as easily.

not sure if i'm on the right page,

but it says

BALENCIAGA

Denim pantsYOOX Collection: Fall-Winter

PRODUCT INFO

Composition: 100% Cotton

Measurements: Width at end: 7.4 inches

Details: denim cotton, straight leg, mid rise, dark wash, button closing, five pockets, contrasting application

"dark wash"

so i'm assuming its not raw?

• 1 month later...

if anyone's interested I have 5 pairs of size 28 balenciaga jeans for sale, various colors/washes.

it's been discussed before, but for all the dior denim fans these are basically a superior dior 19cm cut, much better fit if you have a slim build...

http://supertalk.superfuture.com/index.php?/topic/129808-fs-balenciaga-lots-of-xs44-updated-frequently/page__fromsearch__1

cheers,

bal0.th.jpgrimg0016b.th.jpgzz3fm.th.jpg001nyj.th.jpg

The posts above note that balenciaga fit tighter than diors. But I'm a sz29 in diors 19cm and recently got shipped in ss11 balenciaga black coated jeans in sz30 and they were way too big at the waist. Now I'm not too sure if i should go for a sz29 or sz28.

Does anyone know if their cuts vary from season to season?

Cheers.

Edited by indigofade

• 1 month later...
Posted · Hidden by KingJ, January 31, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by KingJ, January 31, 2012 - No reason given

Dope. Just grabbed a pair of the raws off yoox. $195 that's a fucking amazing deal. Are they selvedge/made in japan, does anyone know?

I have a pair in a 33 that're a bit loose, they're the black cords, but I got the raws in 32 (TTS). Hopefully works out. The ones I have are sweet.

• 2 months later...

sorry, didn't see this. The quality of Yoox's descriptions can be variable. These are raw, i have 2 pairs at home right now (that i need to return)

http://www.yoox.com/...RC/sts/sr_men80

Did you return the 35 and 33 they currently have? Can you give me an idea of how much bigger the waist was then the tagged size?

Thanks.

Does anyone know how much these things stretch?

I've got a few pairs (one for sale, actually), which are 100% cotton. They have literally no stretch, so it is a bit hard to move in them when they are fresh out of wash, but look fantastic. I have noticed, however, that after a day of wear, they are a bit too loose on me, especially in the upper thigh — this drives me crazy. On a more general note mine are both 28 (18cm version), and yeah, if you wear 28 f17 in Dior, they will probably fit pretty similarly in the legs. If you like a really tight fit, though, I would size down to 27, for the reason I previously mentioned. I have also noticed that the Balenciagas have a higher rise than Dior, which are determinately low rise.

Did you return the 35 and 33 they currently have? Can you give me an idea of how much bigger the waist was then the tagged size?

Thanks.

they jeans now seems to be sold out, but i had returned a size 32 and 33. to be honest, i'm a bit confused as to what my true waist size is. i guess i'm sort of a slim 48 (if that make sense) and ended up with a 31. they fit ok (i got the 20cm model so a bit of a more relaxed fit), but would probably grab a 30 next time. i would say they fit at least a size smaller than tagged, probably two, depending on the fit you are looking for. be careful of sizing down too aggressively, the waist button is super flimsy and would probably snap fairly quickly if too stressed.