The SEXFHXRR10 Thread

stresMaldo

in regards to my pair, yes, that is correct.

everything was straight, but the waist was quite big. I thought I had the anomaly pair but apparently there are a few people in this thread that experienced the same thing.

hope that helps. I highly recommend them. I was able to get the waist pretty close to where I would like it with a hot wash in the machine, no soap.

I copped size 31, and the waist was much bigger than the 33 it states its supposed to be. as far as the other size 31 pairs at Self Edge, its impossible for me to know if all of them are oversized. I'd call them and have them measure a pair just to make sure.

Problem with mine is I had them hem and chainstitch them so I couldnt exchange.

So for example, I was looking at the size 31. It has a 33 waist and all the other measurements seem spot on for me. Am I to expect (most likely) that they will actually be 34-34.5 actual waist? Wouldn't want to drop half a g on a pair and not be happy with them...

Yeah that estimation sounds about right based on how my pair measured out. I got a 36 which was supposed to have a 38 waist but it was more like 39.5 inches before shrinking them down. Like mentioned above, I would just give them a call and ask them to measure a pair for you. Also, keep in mind that these don't shrink much so you want the waist to fit well from the get go.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

2m2jjtt.jpg

Flathead (Awesome shirt)

SExFHxRR10

New Balance

My last pic was sloppy with stacks and a cuff. This is just some stacking at the bottom, which looks much better. Also, this pic is after a second hot soak and they are fitting much better now. Much better around the waist. These are really starting to grow on me when before I was a bit disappointed with the fit.

stingray - Wow, those are a size 32? They look pretty tight. I got a size 31 and they fit perfect, other than the waist being much bigger than my other Flat Head size 31 pairs.

What were you initially disappointed about, in re: to the fit? Did it have anything to do with the waist?

I love my pair. Easily my favorite, thus far.

nice man.

yeah, I addressed that with Kiya early on, in re: to the waist issue but he said that he measured more pairs and the most he was showing was .5" off so...

I found a piping hot soak in the washing machine(initial soak) shrunk the waist down pretty good, however after wearing them they do stretch back out a bunch.

I'm a size 31 in all of my other Flat Head denim but I could have probably went down to a 29 on these.

still, after learning just how hard these were to see to fruition, and without actually being able to try them on in person, I believe Kiya and Self Edge do an unbelievably great job at trying to help each person with their individual requests in re: to sizing questions.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Hello guys and girls, I'm new here. This is my first post. I just got my SEXFHXRR10 in the mail today. I was lucky enough to get a pair in my size from Selfedge this past weekend when I was in NYC. I bought a pair of Roy's online but they where huge on me. So when I went in to exchange them I saw the Ring Ring's and fell in love. So I got them today and did a hot soak. Can't wait to start living in them lol. Will post pics in a few when they have some miles on them.

• 8 months later...

Got a pair of 28's worn for a couple months. Looking to sell or trade for 29 or 30. They would fit a waist 30 to 31. I need something that measures about 16 across. Otherwise looking to sell. Hit me up if anyone is interested. Thanks

• 3 months later...

These have been worn through a lot over the last 2 years.  Riding bicycles all over Los Angeles, house painting projects, tons of coffee-making.  They'd fallen to the back of my rotation, so when it started getting hot last month, I decided to push them to the front by turning them into shorts.  They are still going strong...I love the details on these jeans so much, and the denim is one of my favorite fabrics ever. 

9212123481_c421866ff3_b.jpg

9212126743_91bcff6456_b.jpg9212126203_c23c13145d_b.jpg9212125871_5f561f0fd1_b.jpg9212125421_e3c4ec4cc7_b.jpg
Edited by tmadd