The SEXFHXRR10 Thread

stresMaldo

If you're looking for all things SEXFHXRR10, you've come to the right place.

I've seen some notable Sufuers state that these are some of the most interesting denim released recently. I think they are unlike any other pair that I own, and I believe such a unique pair is deserving of it's own thread. There were only 140 pairs released and I haven't seen much discussion from people that actually own a pair, so I will be updating this thread, as I wear them (until the AW contest). I'm about a month in thus far, and will be posting my first pics asap.

I believe there is enough interest in these jeans, and with less notable pairs owning their own thread, it's only right that we have a place to discuss this collab, exclusively.

Quick notes:

Ring Ring told me that these were crazy hard to see through to completion.

They had a lot of isssues with doing the back pockets and the single stitch that runs into the waistband, was a pain in the...

He said Kiya was dilligent in NOT compromising the design and they worked for 2 years with Flat Head to see these come to fruition.

For those wondering, RingRing has a pair but has not worn them yet. : ) (asked him because I was hoping to get RingRing evo pics..)

Anybody that's copped, please post pics!

mine are on the way..

honestly these were the best fitting jean and nicest feeling jeans i have ever put on. i think this will be my treat once i get my tax return. Im looking forward to see these updates!

Not to be disrespectful or anything but how many superd's actually have a pair. I've counted 7 or 8 that have been posted here so far.

I got a pair as a Christmas present from my wife but haven't had a chance to post any pics yet. Great, innovative jeans, fit slim without being too skinny. The waistband runs really big on this model, I sized down 2 from my true waist measurement on mine, and the waistband is still loose on me after 2 hot soaks. But overall, I really like the fit of this model.

Will post pics as soon as I can catch my wife at a free moment to take some.

madstaxbro - no disrespect taken. The reason I created a thread is so, hopefully, those few that you said that have purchased these, myself, and any/everybody else that has an interest in them can have a central hub to post pics/discuss this denim.

Also, when googling: SEXFHXRR10, there isnt much out there, other than the link to the SE store, and a couple blog write-ups.

Now we have a thread that people can refer to when wanting more info/pics on them.

Plus, if there really is not enough interest to warrant a full thread, this thread will eventually just fall off the edge of the Super spectrum into oblivion. I'm convinced enough people will enjoy it, thus warrant it, however.

Big Yen posted these in the Self Edge thread (hope you dont mind me re-posting these pics!)

3 Months of doubleRxsexfh

1 soak and a wash every month.

preview1.jpg

preview2.jpg

another pic I found in the WAYWT thread:

what's up fellas... been a while...

usual suspects lookin' good as always...

5213186481_c55024b49c_z.jpg

ih + tfh + sexfhxrr10 + rw

icon12.gif

As promised, I will have my pics uploaded in the next day or so.

commodorewheeler - thats interesting. the waist on mine was huge too. Almost 3 1/2" too big, but I threw them in the washer, no soap, with dumb hot water, taking them out before the spin. Shaved about 2 1/2" off the waist with that method.

that was the only issue I had with these, albeit a small one, especially once I was able to shrink them down.

I've been wearing them for almost a month now, and they really are amazing. My first stab at LHT, its crazy how soft the denim already is. That electric blue is starting to poke out on the lip, on the back pockets.

When I did the initial hot soak, I threw in a couple pots of boiling water(I was really trying to shrink the waist down), and the leather patch dried a bit but after applying a few coats of mink oil, the leather is back to being nice and soft. I love the color of the leather. Goes great with the indigo hue that is the denim.

Subscribed. Well worth their own thread. Can't wait to see how these wear in.

WIll have to find lowrider's post and rep it, that is a storming fit. With exemplary cuffage.

(Edit: realised I repped it already... but found another one. Please phone home, lowrider, and post some more.)

commodorewheeler - thats interesting. the waist on mine was huge too. Almost 3 1/2" too big, but I threw them in the washer, no soap, with dumb hot water, taking them out before the spin. Shaved about 2 1/2" off the waist with that method.

That's interesting. SE website says that this'll shrink 3/4" in the waist. Can you provide full measurements, please?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

to everybody that has posted pics, thank you.

I still need to post mine. Since I've been rotating them with two other pairs, mine haven't seen a lot of wear, but I'm loving them.

It's interesting that a lot of people that have them seem to have purchased pairs with the waist bigger than the size guide has listed.

If Kiya ever checks this thread, maybe he can speak on that.

Even though the waist on mine were massive as well, I found a non-soap wash with a couple pots of boiling water thrown in for good measure worked wonders.

I'd definitely suggest that to anybody else that is experiencing oversized waist issues.

to everybody that has posted pics, thank you.

I still need to post mine. Since I've been rotating them with two other pairs, mine haven't seen a lot of wear, but I'm loving them.

It's interesting that a lot of people that have them seem to have purchased pairs with the waist bigger than the size guide has listed.

If Kiya ever checks this thread, maybe he can speak on that.

Even though the waist on mine were massive as well, I found a non-soap wash with a couple pots of boiling water thrown in for good measure worked wonders.

I'd definitely suggest that to anybody else that is experiencing oversized waist issues.

Since releasing the jeans i've remeasured a few random sizes and compared them to the size chart on our site and only found a difference of .5" at the most. The jeans don't shrink nearly as much as normal unsanforized denim, sizing down isn't a bad idea on these if you don't have large thighs/legs.

Thanks for the pics everyone. I hope you're enjoying the journey. Sorry to hear the issues with the waist sizes, I hope the hot water solution helps.

For the record, the pair I picked up from the production run, which, as far as I know, was just a just a random pair, fit exactly as I'd expect from Flat Head.

Look forward to seeing more photos.

Subscribed. Thanks for posting my pics Maldo, I was just about to when I found this thread, I'll keep this thread updated as I progress with them.

I'm coming on four months and they're looking pretty great. I've been washing them every month, so I hope the end up pretty washed out towards the end.

The Jeans are amazing, but I also have the same problem with the waist being a little large, I assume the hot water would be a quick fix, but it would just eventually stretch back out. Nothing a good belt can't remedy.

Here a couple of more pics before my next update in the next week or so.

P1050235.jpg

P1070031.jpg

P1050244.jpg

I have these as well, LOVE THEM. They are by far the most unique jean that I own. Only gripe, like others have mentioned, is that the waist runs quite big. I would say mine were probably 1.5" larger than stated on the SE website, but I couldn't size down due the the thighs. I hot soaked twice but was unable to get much shrinkage out. I may try the boiling water technique soon. When I take some evo pics I will be sure to throw them up in here.

lovee the fit on you, especially on the back. no diaper ass or excessive fabric eventhough you wear it quite low, the back just falls naturally with the rest of the jeans. a detail that needs alot of attention during the design phase..

To the people who own these jeans:

What makes the ringrings special to you?

I'm really curious, considering they're not the only LHT jean out there in a modern cut. Maybe I'm just too new at this to appreciate the single stitch construction. Hell, I still don't understand the whole "steaming the back pockets" thing...

Don't get me wrong, they look like a mighty fine pair of jeans. In fact there's a pair in the SMarket in sz28, which, with the waist issues and whatnot, I should be able to fit. Just not sure if the bells and whistles warrant the premium yet, y'know?

Regardless, subscribed to thread :)

blackmaged - for me, it isn't one BIG thing that makes these special, it's a whole lot of smaller details that sets them apart. The LHT, sloping front pockets, curved back pockets, black hardware, purple selvedge, etc. I just wanted something different from the standard 5 pocket jeans that I have many of already, and I feel the combination of smaller details make these really unique. They are filled with detail, yet remain low key, that is why I like them so much.

chambo - you aint lyin.. When I first got mine I took pics and didnt like the way they came out.........then I had my daughter.. she's 4 months today, so you can say that I've been procrastinating amidst the one too many baby throw ups and dirty diapers I've become accustomed to.

the weather is nice these days(although it snowed last night here) so this weekend should be a good time to get pics.