Samurai, Sugarcane, Oni Denim in NYC!!!!

savage

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went back to Blue in Green today and had another good chat with the peeps there.

Quote: If you contact them directly, they might do mailorder to the rest of the country. Their info is:

212-680-0555

[email protected]

Found out they are indeed going to take mail orders.

Quote: Hey Chicken,

Why don't you get the owner to get on SF, so he can share some knowledge. Plus I don't think it would hurt business either (he'll get some exposure and also find out what people are into).

Sounds like neither Heffner or Yuji feels comfortable about starting to answer questions online. Neither of them seem to be fast typists. Too bad. But they are more than happy to answer questions in person, which is good for people in the NYC area.

Quote: Lots of good stuff, but looking kind of pricey. Sugarcanes are $315-330.

Found out the Sugarcanes are going to be more pricey than all their other denims. It might have something to do with the fact that the History Preservation Society has been selling their products at an already pretty-high price-tag, and that they're not willing to come down from that range right now. But looking at their Samurais, Pure Blues, Onis and Warehouses, seems like we can expect a range closer to what you can get in Japan.

Quote: Too bad no raw Warehouse now

Sounds like they could be getting them quite soon.

Quote: any superfuturians BOUGHT JEANS there yet???

these dudes gotta feel like denim consultants by now

Still waiting for jeans my size. I don't think neither of them are superduper denim experts, but Heffner works at a clothing factory for a company that provides clothing to big name brands. He has high appreciation for the crafts. (Matter of fact, bunch of clothes displayed at the store, he put together himself.) He was showing me the difference in construction details of Warehouse jeans today.

Gordon owns something like four sewing machines including the Union Special, and they're thinking of bringing some of them into the store at some point. They'd be able to hem the jeans with chain stitching right at the store. Good stuff.

Stopped by again today for a second time and tried on some samurai s5000vx's...didn't pull the trigger yet but most likely will go back later in the week since they seem to have quite a nice stock of sizes in these.

As someone that has been reading post after post and scouring websites to no avail trying to figure out what size I am it was finally nice to actually try on my size. I'll probably just end up buying them there even though I could probably save 60 bucks getting them from xcoldricex....i'm just too worried that even though i know my size i'll still get a pair that won't fit right!

Not to mention the fact that the guys are super chill and quite helpful...I would definitely reccommend those visiting new york to stop by.

And thats my testimonial!

cheers.

i think their samurai prices are extremely good - something like $280 for the S5000VX which are ¥24,990 in japan (about $225 at today's rate). with shipping, paypal or credit card surcharges, plus any middleman fees i would really doubt you'd get a better deal bying direct from japan. also they are an official samurai dealer now.

keep an eye on the prices at blue in green as i hear they'll be coming down on many lines including pure blue.

once they get more stock in i will be buying from them.

Stopped by the store again this weekend and met the owner for the first time. He was such a nice guy. I hope the store thrives, as its the best denim store in America. I went back to get a second look at the Veg. Oni, but they didn't have them anymore.

On the way there I saw the fashion queer eye (Carson?), but since he was in a group I didn't invite him to check the place out with me.

the guys at pure blue were really cool to me over email. their prices will be competitive, for samurai at least, with prices from getting them from japan. you might spend an extra $20 but i would like to support their store and would give them the extra cash if they could get the jeans i want.

i just want the S0510XXIII so it shouldn't be too hard for them to hook me up.

Quote:

ill probably stop in myself in later this week, but i figured id ask those who've already been...

do they by any chance carry (or plan to have in the future) any Skull jeans?

--- Original message by bph on Jun 4, 2006 09:40 PM

no skulls there. they are open to suggestions, though....

Using chain stitch, your train of jeans is fading wind.

Quote:
Quote:

ill probably stop in myself in later this week, but i figured id ask those who've already been...

do they by any chance carry (or plan to have in the future) any Skull jeans?

--- Original message by bph on Jun 4, 2006 09:40 PM

no skulls there. they are open to suggestions, though....

They're also considering getting other things like accessories. I've loosely suggested Redmoons and Skull Jeans stuff, but if you guys have any requests should probably let them know.

Just saw the notice about Blue in Green on the Samurai site. It called the store their "overseas handling store". I wonder if that means you will no longer be able to order from Samurai directly. Fine by me as long as Blue in Green does special orders.

Edited by Roland on Jun 5, 2006 at 08:55 AM

Quote:

Just saw the notice about Blue in Green on the Samurai site. It called the store their "overseas handling store". I wonder if that means you will no longer be able to order from Samurai directly. Fine by me as long as Blue in Green does special orders.

Edited by Roland on Jun 5, 2006 at 08:55 AM

--- Original message by Roland on Jun 5, 2006 08:22 AM

i hope not, because blue green charges nyc type prices, up the whizzles. plus im pretty cool with the samurai people theyre cool folks with good prices.

i'll say it again - blue in green's prices on samurai are more than fair, barely more than buying directly from samurai with none of the hassles (for english speakers)

their prices on most other brands (except sugar cane) will be set competitively against japanese stores