Samurai, Sugarcane, Oni Denim in NYC!!!!

savage

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would call the store Japanese themed. It's really one wall of denim and one wall of clothing etc. It seemed like they would get a lot more stuff in June and July. Other then jeans, they had some Sugercane detergent, Lightning Mag, some john bull clothing etc.

I thought the prices on the Samurai (S5000s) and Oni were good. The sugercane not so much, but maybe they're buying from History Pres. Nice to see a denim store like this in NY.

Asfberg, you mentioned length being too short. What length did you try on? Washed or Un-? I got an order at HP for a pair of SC40401N which won't be in until late June at the earliest. I'll get my tail over to Greene St. in a few days.

I went by the shop yesterday (unfortunately without a camera). Their selection is excellent and the staff is very friendly. If you contact them directly, they might do mailorder to the rest of the country. Their info is:

212-680-0555

[email protected]

They had a great selection, and plenty of sizes - especially in the Samurai jeans. I never realized how goddamn rigid they are! The Samurai's and Oni's made my RRDS look like a pair of linen pants. I definitely want a pair, but not before the humid-ass NYC summer has come to a close.

Cheers,

Schatz

Did they have any of the 19oz Samurai's?

As for Sugar Canes. I just bought a pair of one-wash black Suagr Canes directly from Earthmarket, through Rakuten, without using a middle man.

I set up a Rakuten account, and just ordered them.

Price before tax and shipping was 14,800 (around $134) . My total charge with tax, shipping and conversion fee on my VISA was $154. They arrived at my door hemmed to my designated length with chainstitch in three days. I asked them to declare value of less than $50, which they happily did!

It seems to me that if you can live with not seeing the stuff first hand in Japan, or now in New York, and you want something that is readily available online, this may be the least expensive way to go.

There are at least several other shop, maybe even many others, that will ship directly to the USA. Samurai, for example, will let you buy directly from them and ship to the US.

I've done quite a bit of leg work on this and should probably start a new thread detailing how easy this was.

As for stuff that you just can't find online, Coldrice has an excellent service, and can find the unfindable!

Eric C.

cool. I ordered from Samurai myself and it went well. Hinoya also ships internationally according to mizanation but they don't seem to speak any English, at least they didnt answer my email.

I think a lot of stores will ship internationally, the hard part will be to find one where they speak English.

Does earthmarket have anyone that speaks English?

våran panel tycker att man ska koka pastan i två år

Earthmarket did not speak any english. I did it all through the Google translator.

I didn't figure that there was anything that I really needed to ask with all of the excellent info available here. I even figured out the hemming to length, after the emailed me asking me to specify.

I had orignally ordered a pair of SC 40500 from Super Rag but the didn't have my size afterall. They speak english and were very willing to be heplful!

I would imagine that you could buy a pair of SC 1947's this way for around $130 delivered!

Eric C.

Full tread to come maybe tomorrow.

Pauken, I commend you. You managed that transaction using Google Translator. G'damn, you got stones, brother. Maybe, now that I know how SC fit, and all, I guess I might take the chance (in fact, I'm thinking I could save myself a considerable amount of money going there rather than HP. Hmmm) But on a label I've only perused on the net? I don't know if I'd be so confident. It would help if someone over there had even rudimentary english.

And, Jinx, how did you pull off your buy? Sounds like you didn't even use the translator. That's totally badass.

I'm ninety-three/

You're sixteen/

There is nothing more for you and I

Edited by Edge_Of_Denim on May 27, 2006 at 01:38 PM

Edited by Edge_Of_Denim on May 27, 2006 at 01:38 PM

I'm thinking, if any of you hounds want something from Blue on Greene, I'd be willing to pick it up for you and ship it out. I am not looking to make any money on the deal. Most I'd charge you would be like ten bucks, for transportation. And shipping, of course. BUT, you're going to have to contact the store and work out in advance all that sizing jazz. If there's any interest, I 'spose we could run this thing through my Payapl account, or you could send check or money order. Of course, if the shop is shipping, then you can handle it.

I'm ninety-three/

You're sixteen/

There is nothing more for you and I

Edited by Edge_Of_Denim on May 27, 2006 at 01:45 PM

Edited by Edge_Of_Denim on May 27, 2006 at 01:52 PM

This is my first thread here, so hi SF!

I just visited this store today myself and it was just exciting to see, feel and try on many of the jeans I've been reading here in the threads. (The rumor is true: ONI denim is badass.) I met and chatted with one of the guys who owns the place. Found out they're getting new shipment next month, including Duckdigger 1920, 30, 40 and 50 models, Warehouse 1001XX & 1000, Dubble Works 660 & 603 and more Pure Blue stuff.

It's really cool to see a store like this here in NYC and hate to see them be unsuccessful. Unfortunately, most of the jeans they have right now are 32W and larger (I'm about 30). So I'll have to wait for the new shipment to show my support.

bluegreen.jpg

you're welcome!

no hidden cam pics, sorry charlie!!!

nice to see PBJ in person----sick stuff.

handling Samurai's made me feel inadequate.

more warehouse on the way. doubleworks in the works.

apparently having a hard time getting the sc40400n and sc40500n through customs due to the levis-ish arcuate.

very open to suggestions as to what they should stock. seemed concerned about their future. i suggested eternal, and anything black (sugar cane, samurai, whatever), and redmoon/wildswan wallets. should have said loopwheeler/sda.

i picked up some sugar cane detergent at $4 a pack-----a great deal.

learned that other superfuturians have made their presence known. agreed that the future is powerful.

please support these guys.

Using chain stitch, your train of jeans is fading wind.

Edited by denimdestroyedmylife on May 27, 2006 at 09:43 PM

Edited by denimdestroyedmylife on May 27, 2006 at 10:03 PM

Quote:

Pauken, I commend you. You managed that transaction using Google Translator. G'damn, you got stones, brother. Maybe, now that I know how SC fit, and all, I guess I might take the chance (in fact, I'm thinking I could save myself a considerable amount of money going there rather than HP. Hmmm) But on a label I've only perused on the net? I don't know if I'd be so confident. It would help if someone over there had even rudimentary english.

And, Jinx, how did you pull off your buy? Sounds like you didn't even use the translator. That's totally badass.

--- Original message by Edge_Of_Denim on May 27, 2006 01:32 PM

Samurai has at least one guy that knows english, so it worked out just fine. I think I'm going to try translator-shopping soon.

I hope that blue in green comes on here, he probably has a lot of knowledge.

btw, are the tabs removed from the jeans they carry? The tab on the left side of the right pocket is a Levi's trademark. The samurai's, they carry, are they the export models? They have different leatherpatches without the red print, and a white tab on the other side of the pocket.

våran panel tycker att man ska koka pastan i två år