Samurai, Sugarcane, Oni Denim in NYC!!!!

savage

Well after today I own both the 510XX-A1 and the AI-001. Differences are that the PBJ are I believe 45,000 Yen, the Samurai's retail was 52,290. The material is remarkably similar, probably identical in texture and weight but it's hard to compare because the PBJ are one wash and this I suspect exaggerates the bobblyness somewhat.

The Samurai's have more pimp factor (for Spinal Tap fans, knob on 11) but the PBJ fit appears to be better. I've not really done proper comparisons yet. The PBJ's just seem to fit like a dream for many people. Here's are some pics of the Samurai's to add to Takashi's - enjoy.

sam3.jpg

sam6.jpg

sam10.jpg

curious synthi as to if you've worn your samurai Ai model yet

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahh - no actually! They are still untouched, partly cos I've lost a little bit of weight so not sure these would fit amazingly anymore + of course I have the PBJ's so can live with having just the one pair or supa slubby jeans on regular rotation. I haven't worn those yet either but am visiting the 45rpm store in Paris later this month specifically to get them and a bunxh of other shizzle hemmed. :)

• 6 months later...
i am super jealous of what you have synthi..

Something close is coming this year apparently. I think beatle called it the 510XX-AI N or something, and said it was 17 oz (and cheaper than the 510XX-AI was).

Blue in Green is probably my favorite store in the US, but I have a minor complaint. I have purchased a pair of Eternals, SDAs and Samurais from Gordon, and he is always knowledgeable, understandable and very polite. Hell, the guy answered questions about his OXS service at 2AM and was willing to entertain my neurotic washing requests! However, whenever I call the store and Noriko answers the phone, I get frustrated after a few seconds and walk away from the conversation extremely annoyed. I understand that Gordon cannot be answering all of the calls and serving the customers at the same time, but come on! When I am considering droping $300 on a pair of Lee repros and the person on the phone cannot understand what "back pocket stitching" is, then I get concerned. The best that she could tell me was that Levi's was making them take all of the stitching and tabs out of their jeans.

All of the other sales associates whom I have dealt with have been helpful with regards to all of the sizing and detail questions that I have had. Thanks for the great store and keep up the amazing work!

PS: Little story. Gordon accidently had a pair of jeans shipped to my billing address instead of my shipping address. I called about this as soon as they had been sent and I had received a tracking number, etc. He changed it immediately, and I received them literally the same day (even though I had payed for the slowest shipping method). He made a number of follow up calls and showcased some of the best customer service I have ever dealt with.

However, whenever I call the store and his wife (?) answers the phone, I get frustrated after a few seconds and walk away from the conversation extremely annoyed.

why would the salesperson be his wife? you're talking about noriko who works at the store.

send him an email during the day, it's the best way to get in touch with him.

miz, will they be getting any other Eternals? Specifically that streaky one that uses the same denim for their anniversary jeans? I don't know the exact product #

why would the salesperson be his wife? you're talking about noriko who works at the store.

send him an email during the day, it's the best way to get in touch with him.

You took the words out of my mouth, on both counts.

Sent him an email about the Skull Waxed cotton jacket and he got back to me within 12 hours. It's the blackberry.

Noriko's knowledge database might be a bit smaller, but she's always been real helpful with me in the store and even pretended to be/was impressed by my limited knowledge of Japanese fashion magazines.

Their customer service really makes me want to buy more things from the store.

Miz....We'll meet in there one day I'm sure.

Noriko's knowledge database might be a bit smaller, but she's always been real helpful with me in the store and even pretended to be/was impressed by my limited knowledge of Japanese fashion magazines.

She is very sweet, she brought out 3-4 different denim shirts for me just to try on and suggested others that I might like (since the Skull ones didnt seem to want to fit correctly)...So sweet in fact, that I felt bad and bought a pbj scarf for 90 bucks! lol..

Also, she spotted my 500s from a mile away ;)

She is very sweet, she brought out 3-4 different denim shirts for me just to try on and suggested others that I might like (since the Skull ones didnt seem to want to fit correctly)...So sweet in fact, that I felt bad and bought a pbj scarf for 90 bucks! lol..

Also, she spotted my 500s from a mile away ;)

Scarves are mad nice anyway, though pricey.

• 1 month later...
Call after 6pm, I don't think Gordon is there during the day.

Gordon has a day job somewhere else. The japanese fellow who's his business partner there also is the daytime manager and g just works nights and weekends.