brb hawaii

mrjuby

remember the chick who got her arm bit off by a shark but she is such a trooper she didnt stop what she loved? (plus she is hot)

bethany-hamilton_1449467i.jpg

I surfed the exact same spot a week before she got her arm taken. Du on the beach was like, aye...there's a couple big tigers and hammerheads that cruise the opening of the reef shelf you paddled through...fyi.

I was all O_O

and then...

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Are you guys serious? Hawaii is not all that. Great place to vacation I'm sure with the hot beaches and hotter btchs, but you don't wanna be stuck here.

Lots of people quit good paying corporate jobs, say they aren't happy and come here and work two entry level service jobs (with tips). They can surf on their off days, hit up that chronic, or just enjoy the sun - which apparently makes some people really happy. They find themselves here, happy and single. For couples though, tis a different story.

Due to tourism being so huge here, overall Hawaii's unemployment is lower than the nation average as it's traditionally pretty easy to get an entry level service job with cash money tips. LOL. I studied tourism in college, fkn A, and once learned and jaded, cannot go back.

I'm not so into the beach, surf, and all that though. I'm local, and yall can ask me anything about living here yall.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

remember the chick who got her arm bit off by a shark but she is such a trooper she didnt stop what she loved? (plus she is hot)

bethany-hamilton_1449467i.jpg

I lived in Hawaii for two years and interned at the local NBC/CBS affiliate station and interviewed her when she was promoting her Soul Surfer movie. She's tall.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

gonna hijack this thread to post wholesome content (regarding food)

fresh cafe in honolulu, hawaii... run by tiffany tanaka

cBTLc.jpg

FlFzL.jpg

this was from a hypebeast article (lol)

http://hypebeast.com/2012/2/hypebeast-eats-acai-bowls-by-tiffany-tanaka-of-fresh-cafe

real talk tho açaí bowls are awesome

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...