snugglepony

SOMET Denim

Somet Slims:

Somet1.jpg

Those look REALLY good - nice slim modern cut, none of that hip flare that make me look like i have wide hips.

How does the denim compare with others you've had?

somets really do fade nicely. good modern cut with natural indigo, at a fair price too. i might post a few pictures i found online when i get around to it.

if its possible does anyone have pics of worn in indigo somets? the only thing i've gathered about them on here is that they incredibly hard to wear in. could they be resin coated?

random pictures i took off from blogs. still has the greenish tint that comes with natural indigo, but very different from fade of eternals and such. these are definitely going to be my next pair, if im done ever wearing in my RB11..

washed about every two weeks

16262075128bw6.jpg

1626207535np2.jpg

134101199115vg0.jpg

13410119958uv9.jpg

e008836213175621vt4.jpg

2006082f262f622fe008836jh2.jpg

wow these are actually pretty contrasty compared to the more common natural indigo pictures we see - the sugar cane edo ais for example - the green cast is really beautiful :)

2006082f262f622fe008836jh2.jpg

^ this one especially

well, shit. normally i pretty sensible and only handle one denim project at a time -- now i'm crazy for somets and want a pair of the slims! stupid sd-103's ruining my life!

i really like the green cast and can just imagine what they looked like with more contrast!

Wow, I hadn't realize that they are made with veggie indigo. The slim ones are made with 13.8 oz denim and the straight jeans are made with 14.5 oz denim. I beleive that you sacrifice contrast with heavier denim. 13.8 is still really heavy. So that means you have to work hard to get creases and wait longer between washes.

These are size 31, my Imperials are size 32. These are a little bigger (by maybe 3/4 inch) in the waist. I am glad I got these instead of Diors.

^^i'm glad you did too. they look great on you. except i hate you for making me want more jeans. so i'm not glad.....i just don't know how to feel.

(nice fit)

aren't the slims supposed to have some strange darts somewhere? can we get some detail shots of those?

BiG is selling for them a HUGE price! There must have been a price increase cause i only paid around $240 for mine

I just got the Somet Slim Fit 008 Indigo in sz. 28. Wasnt sure about the measurements but the ones on own magazine seem to be around +2cm to my actual sizing. Will post some pics once I get them.

yeah, my hips from the widest part of my butt is 91.5cm. My waist, from the sidebones is 79cm. I'm thinking that the jeans will stretch a bit when worn, and once washed, will probably shrink back to an ideal size. It was a risky decision but we'll see when I get them. Anyone knows how long it takes for own mag orders to get here?

You can see the darts in all the available pics. They come out of the inseam below the crotchand out at a sharp angle to just below the knee.

Wow, I hadn't realize that they are made with veggie indigo. The slim ones are made with 13.8 oz denim and the straight jeans are made with 14.5 oz denim. I beleive that you sacrifice contrast with heavier denim. 13.8 is still really heavy. So that means you have to work hard to get creases and wait longer between washes.

These are size 31, my Imperials are size 32. These are a little bigger (by maybe 3/4 inch) in the waist. I am glad I got these instead of Diors.

thanks for the sizing tips serge.

one thing's for sure the somets are seriously working out for you.

somet, s0500XX or external X bears? hmmmm

I received my somets today but they were too small. The rise is quite low, meaning that the waist part of the pants fell below my sidebones, thus throwing off my earlier estimates. Obviously, I've only tried them on once, so if anyone else is interested, PM me, or I could list it on ebay. Either way, let me know,

btw serge, how much did your slim fit stretch out? I would suppose that the sizing remains fairly consistent since the shrinking process is very minimal.

Mine are a bit too big (meaning not snug like I like them) and I wear them with a belt so they don't stretch. They are very compact denim, so I doubt they will stretch very much.