snugglepony

SOMET Denim

Just got my pair of Somet 003 in the mail, I love them! The fit is awesome, and they are the perfect length!

I rushed, so the fit is a little sloppy, so sorry about that, but I was too lazy to try and fix it...

1299706233516.jpg

1299706187267.jpg

washing my 008s for the second time to get a better washed look and for shrinkage..

selling them here. new pictures and measurements will be posted today.

man, somets look deliciously tempting, going to have to cop a pair in the future.

i can't help but wonder though, why does everyone suggest sizing down 2 for the 008 cut? Based on the rise measurements, going TTS that low is just asking for hip bruises...

With 008s size down to where your thighs let you. The waist tends to be a bit more looser to accommodate for sitting on the hipbones thus ones tagged 31 would be around 34-35. I'm true size 32 but sized down to 31 and the fit is fitted but not crushing.

For reference, in skulls (5010) on the other hand, I size up to 33 based on thigh measurement. 32 in PBJ005 (in raw accommodating for post-wash thigh shrinkage) etc..

That's funny haha, I sized up to 31 for skulls and 29 for PBJ (too tight in thigh) from TTS 30. I guess I'll jump on a sz29 Somet when I get a shot then..

By the thigh theory though, according to BiG I can go down to a 27 (the jeans im wearing now are 11 in the thigh last I checked)... which is something i -dont- want to do haha

Just got a couple pairs (003 & 008). First pair of good denim, so hoping they live up to their rep.

Anyway just wondering if i should be soaking them first in hot water before wearing, or doing the first soak after 6+ months?

From what i've read it seems to make no diff...either shrink first then stretch out, or vice versa in which case it ends up the same right? Can anyone confirm that?

yeah, i can't always agree with all their decisions when designing a jean.

if anyone's interested im selling a pair of size 29 008s. check my sig

Looking to get a pair of 008s for a true waist size 30.. What size should I get?

Somet 008 I've had them for 8 months and they have around 7 months of total wear. No washes and no soaks yet. I just love the fit and quality of this pair. Pics are from an iphone so quality is just ok.

b8d1a8a2.jpg

0fcb248c.jpg

2c090cc2.jpg

e70a09e1.jpg

ca9e2320.jpg

46b6b719.jpg

2466106e.jpg

45b4dfdb.jpg

fc7535ad.jpg

0ef8204b.jpg

^ agreed... so bummed that i'm way too short to be rocking 008's. darts would run a good several inches past my knee

Darts are not noticeable at all when wearing them and the honeycombs at the back of your knee push it up even more. I'm 5'6 and have no problems.

WHat is the most popular type from somet guys? What cut?

And what is the official website from Japan?

Thank You before

just checked out somet website and BIG , saw some model with 13.8 oz , very nice in clean casual style. look forward to get some soon.

I would stick to the same size 29 in 003 and 008 as :

waist size 003 = tag +2

waist size 008 = tag +3

Hey guys,

I've been reading this thread contemplating of whether to get a pair of somet 003's in indigo.. I feel so lost.. haven't bought a pair of jeans in a long time.. 3 years to be precise.. been wearing my flat head f380's (sz 31) for that entire period..

so my question is.. my waist is 32". what size do I get? I like a regular fit (not too tight but not too loose). Also, how much does the front/back rise and length of inseams shrink after a hot soak?

Would be amazing if you guys could advise me on this! :) thank you!

Just copped a pair of 008 sz 32 from BiG, these jeans are ridiculously awesome. Bought it Saturday morning and it arrived in my doorstep this morning(live in MA).

A huge step up from my other 2 pair (APC and N&F). The rise isn't a big issue, I always wear under armor compression shirts under all my clothes and tucked in, so my ass won't be showing. Only thing I need to get use to is the feel of the denim, it feels like card board, hopefully it softens up.

6'1 177 lbs 30 inch waist. Don't know how people can size down in these things, I have a 12" tighs so I sized according to that, and it fits me perfectly. The waist is a tad bit loose but I always wear a belt so I'll be fine since these don't stretch much at all.

More detailed fit pics coming, probably tomorrow during the day for quality.

Props to the peeps at BiG, will definitely be buying from there again.

32N7m.jpg

how are these looking nowadays ?

here are my 008's at something like 4 months

4576498911_e268508afc.jpg

4577126342_2d740cec4b.jpg

4576508387_fbe44d2c92.jpg

4576503513_09ccce0627.jpg

4576512859_71fd8a68dd.jpg