SOMET Denim

snugglepony

Meda - we've established that maybe those jeans aren't the right fit for you...if you muster the courage to come back into this thread, I'm sure we can help you find something more flattering for your body type.

I know you probably don't wanna drop anymore cash on jeans after those, but maybe you can sell the somets in the Supermarket and cut your losses?

Come on...he's new. We all had to learn. I tried to wear repros at first and looked like I was wearing my father's jeans.

Sorry if it sounded like a knock. But, yes, for Meda's body type, I recommend repros. That's why I have so many of them.

I can't say the same for the shoes, though. :D

i'm wearing the belt right now. hoping i can stretch it... kiya said it may stretch at least .5" within one week and later maybe even .75" :o

i'm hoping 1-2 inches later *crosses fingers* L O L

Ken, all leather stretches. You have to give it the patented IJ stretching method. No bullshit, this works. Firstly, get yourself a bucket, a G-clamp and a some kind of high up beam (I used a chin-up bar). Then you soak the belt in water overnight. Once fully saturated, you give it a good rub down with some Obenauf's leather oil. Then you loop the belt through the buckle around the beam and pull down tight. Then (if you don't care about a G-clamp mark on your belt, otherwise, find some scrap leather to place inbetween) loop the full bucket around the g-clamp and clamp onto the end of the belt and leave it for 24 hours occasionally rubbing more oil on to stop the leather from drying out. At the end of 24 hours, you loosen the clamp and lay on the ground to dry fully. Give it another coating of Obenaufs. It should stretch from 1-2 inches depending on the thickness of the leather. QED.

I think Meda's fit looks bad not only because of the way he's standing, but also because of the fact that he's sagging way too much. The seat looks awful and there's just way too much denim folding over. I think there are other jeans that would be better for sagging than those Somets. Also, from the pics, I imagine that Meda isn't very tall, so cuffing makes him look shorter.

EDIT: I think the Somets could still work if Meda were to pull up his pants, hem to a proper length, and not cuff.

I think Meda's fit looks bad not only because of the way he's standing, but also because of the fact that he's sagging way too much. The seat looks awful and there's just way too much denim folding over. I think there are other jeans that would be better for sagging than those Somets. Also, from the pics, I imagine that Meda isn't very tall, so cuffing makes him look shorter.

EDIT: I think the Somets could still work if Meda were to pull up his pants, hem to a proper length, and not cuff.

I agree that the cuffing/saggin isn't helping, but the painting on the backpockets is only drawing attention, and the back pockets being far apart widens it even further. I think he needs to start over.

Guest Mayhem
i didnt know people care so much about other peoples body parts.

dude, seriously ur on a fashion forum, dont try to be an elitist amongst the elitists-es-s.

I agree that the cuffing/saggin isn't helping, but the painting on the backpockets is only drawing attention, and the back pockets being far apart widens it even further. I think he needs to start over.

I wonder how that pair would look if he soaked them...........Hmmm.

I think they may be just a bit big too. Pulled up look 100x better, but still big. I think "dumpy" shoes do not help either. Just looks like a bunch of denim squished between shoes and waist. I think slimmer shoes and as mentioned proper length would help you out.

If you want the advice great, if not, I couldn't care less.

To the guys being insulting, I do not think you can justify being an ass by saying "you posted on a fashion board". Critique if you like, but be a touch constructive.