SOMET Denim

snugglepony

damn after reading this thread i quickly made a purchase on a pair of slims eventhough im flatout broke. should have gave it some thought first.

haha makes no difference to me.. i gave it a lot of thoughts.. and in the end, i still decided to pull the trigger.. the unbleached weft is simply a feature that i can't resist... they will fade with beauty....

i thought about getting a pair of somets as well, but decided against because of the super low rise. but i wrote a email to somet whether it is possible to order from them directly. (before i decided against them).

just got the reply. they are super nice and really trying to help you...

just thought i would post the mail as it may be interesting for some of you:

"Hello,

My name is Mami Akasaka. Nice to meet you.

I’m sorry for this late reply.

Thanks for your order by email.

The first, we recommend you to measure your size correctly because if you

want to change the size (although it is possible),

I have to let you pay a postage, so the best way is to find the correct size

in the beginning.

We are willing to help you with the matter.

Please refer to the attachment you will find how to measure your size

correctly.

Could you please measure your size according to the way in the attachment?

And, We can ship to (add your country), so please tell me more details about your

address.

By the way, the payment for your first shopping should be overseas transfer,

but form your second shopping, you may use your credit card,

Because credit card service center says that it is a little risky if there

is no deal before between any overseas customers and us,

I’m sorry that you have to do the transfer from bank at the first time.

I’m looking forward to your reply. If you have any questions, please tell me

any time as you like.

Best regards,

SOMET staff

Mami Akasaka"

I can post the measurement guide which they sent me as well...just let me know if you want...

-prowler

somets fade EXTREMELY slowly, from what I've seen...

Amen. I will finally be posting some pics in a few days...long awaited and fronted on...my straights are approaching at around 6.5 months now...I've decided to try to go for 7 (for a 2nd month wash, after washing monthly).

They are just now starting to show some "whiskers" and shit around the knees (the most prominent)...plus combs (though I don't know how faded they are).

Definitely not easily broken in, but it's been a fun ride thusfar. The indigo is STUCK to these shits.

this thread isn't even that long... read it ;) and don't bother trying to reinvent the wheel.

also, fwiw, at least on the 003 and 005, the rise is not prohibitively low.

haha alright you caught me...I admit I didn't do any research yet. But still, it'd be nice to get an official guide with all the measurements. Ok nevermind scratch that, they have it on BiG....

Amen. I will finally be posting some pics in a few days...long awaited and fronted on...my straights are approaching at around 6.5 months now...I've decided to try to go for 7 (for a 2nd month wash, after washing monthly).

They are just now starting to show some "whiskers" and shit around the knees (the most prominent)...plus combs (though I don't know how faded they are).

Definitely not easily broken in, but it's been a fun ride thusfar. The indigo is STUCK to these shits.

you guys serious? im only started wearing them regularly and teh indigo seems to be flaking off.

Just got the somet slim in size 30 today.... all i can say is the fit is fucking awesome..... i was choosing between DH 19cm MIJ and this... and good thing i made the right choice.

The fabric is stiff and.. a little slubby.. very nice to look at.. the weft is unbleached, have a dirty tone to it... this can only means a beautiful vintage fade on the jeans..

Construction wise... for me personally, i will rate it above my skull..... excellent stuff by Somet! Just not sure what the knee darts do.... but they are pretty interesting....

The hardware like the gold rivets and white leather patch are pretty impressive too...

somet3.jpg

The rise is actually not that hard to live with... its fine for me...

somet2.jpg

Beautiful "dirty" weft... (the pic don't really shows the true color)... this is going to make the jeans age beautifully....

somet4.jpg

It says on the tag about special dye being used on Somet jeans.... anyone have any idea??

All in all... if you are procastinating...... time to take action.....

those look pretty big. i'm about the same height/ weight as you and i tried on a pair of 27's like a month and a half ago or something and they felt way too big on me. that cut is supposed to be a little more form fitting throughout the entire leg. i ended up getting the 003's in a 26. the waist was a tad bit tight for the first 2-3 days. now i've got about a finger-width gap after they stretched and they sit perfect.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I bet if you sized up one it would help a lot. They look very tight at the moment. If you are going for that fit though, by all means keep them.

Does anybody have any pics of faded somets? Never seen any. The denim almost feels coated so i was wondering how they fade.