SOMET Denim

snugglepony

Guest noogsahoy

ive read through the thread but i still haven't been able to get a conclusive understanding of the somet cuts.

looking at BiG there are:

003: slim straight?

005: straight?

008: slim fit?

dammit okay why are people confusing me now

so im looking for a pair of somets 008 that will fit me. id like a waist simular to KMW rockers in 26 (im a natural waist 26.5-27). i thought somet 26 would be fine, but people are telling me i gotta size down some : (

suggestions?

since they are low rise

you should measure around the hip area because that's where the jeans will sit on for low rise

and looking at the measurements chart on BiG for 008, it shows that the tagged size is 3 sizes smaller than the measurements example: Tag 28" = 31" and Tag 29" = 32"

ok, so i got a 34 in APC NC's, but i could've easily done a 33. it was a safety purchase. a 31 in somet has a 34W, but since they're lower rise, should i go 32 which is a 35W, or even a 33, which is 35-36W?

i dunno how stretching is, and i'd like them slimmer than my APC's are.

Somet's are sanforized

so they don't really skrink nor stretch much

they stretch.

Ive been looking towards a new pair of indigo for awhile now and after seeing the fit pics in here, the 008 slims have been catching my eye. Just curious, I wear about a 27 in DH 19s and those seem to fit me fine. Perfect fit to be quite honest. Should I be looking towards a 26 in these?

a 26 would be good. I wear a 29 in SExIH01s and 27 in dior too, and 26s fit me really well.

After my NCs have been slaughtered by me with not even 3 months of wear, I'm looking for a new jean similiar to them, and am falling in love with Somets. I just really want to see some more fit pictures/wear pictures. If any of you could contribute, that would be awesome.

i completely agree with this. i'm still confused about sizing. the BiG site says that a 32 is a 35W... should i assume that they'll stretch much, or can i safetly order these without them being too baggy or too skinny?

I am a 29 in pretty much everything else (nudie, samurai etc) and I just bought 29 in my somets. The sizing was fairly normal for me, I would just use your waist size...mine fit fine although i did sell them because the rise was just too low. I sag mine and still my balls were crunched...plus the pockets are way too small, you can't even get your hand in, even worse than the my NS (I take a 27 in APC's)

How much? What is the actual waist measurement? I have a pair of 008 in a 29 and they're waaay too baggy in the wiaist for me.

i think the actual waist measurement was something like 38.5/39cm, i can reameasure if you want to. i just tried these on, and i still have the somet canvas bag they came in, so maybe 205$ shipped worldwide, which is 50$ less than retail at big. too bad you dont have a 28.

I am a 29 in pretty much everything else (nudie, samurai etc) and I just bought 29 in my somets. The sizing was fairly normal for me, I would just use your waist size.

this does not apply as a rule of thumb though, i wear a 28/29 in nudie and 29 in samurai too, but i could fit a 26 in somets without much pain because i have small hips.

Yeah, my natural waist is a 28.5, and I have pretty wide hips so I thought i'd be ok with a 29. It fit just right for the first couple weeks, now it's too big. The thigh is also a bit too big, but that's maybe because I have the 003 and I have really small legs. I would definetely been better off with the 28s, but stretching them out would have been painful, the waist band on mine is still stiff as hell after almost a month.

Came home to my Somet Straight's went down 2 to 30 ...

img0457mn1.jpg

img0450ly8.jpg

Thinking I might get an inch or two off.

Early days but should I have gone a further size down?

Jeezus...your's look pretty baggy and they're sized down by 2??!?!??!?! They don't look bad...i'm just saying I've never seen that with sized down Somets. Shit, if you can, size down one more (the waist must be retardo though).

Thinking I will have to pass these on ... by the waist measurements I've seen on BiG and on the somet site These shoulda been really tight in the waist(/hips). They are tight enough but nowhere near what I expected/hoped for ... especially since they'll stretch.

If anyone wants them p.m. me; be in the supermarket soon too. Maan.

• 2 weeks later...

actually, I was a bit confused about my true waist. I sized down about 2 (not 3.5), and yeah, that was a mistake. My proportions are a bit off so I thought those were better fitting in the legs which is why I decided to get them. Would've been perfect if I went up one size.