SOMET Denim

snugglepony

Are you an 003 or 008 kinda guy? I have the 003's (straight leg). These take a minute to have that defined fading (i.e. combs, whiskers, etc.). I just found some pictures a friend took of me recently and a few months ago...and it does show quite a bit of color change. I'll post those up in a sec...though they are not "waywt" style at all.

When the waist stretches out, does anyone find that the low rise becomes a problem (i.e., their ass starts hanging out, or the jeans start hanging _too_ low)? I am already not sure if I like the low rise, and have been thinking about exchanging or selling the Somets (I have black 008s in a 28); and while it's basically Ok right now, I am pretty worried about how they will look when they stretch a little in the waist.

When the waist stretches out, does anyone find that the low rise becomes a problem (i.e., their ass starts hanging out, or the jeans start hanging _too_ low)? I am already not sure if I like the low rise, and have been thinking about exchanging or selling the Somets (I have black 008s in a 28); and while it's basically Ok right now, I am pretty worried about how they will look when they stretch a little in the waist.

if you're wearing a belt, you shouldn't have any problems...

if you're wearing a belt, you shouldn't have any problems...

I don't usually wear one.

The other problem I'm having is that some of my boxers stick out over the top, bunch up and look really stupid, especially in the front.

I got my somet 008s today from big. I got them true to size in 28, which gordon suggested me do. the waists is big on me, but the thighs and calves are fine. I think a size 27 would fit me better, but i'm pretty content with a 28.

i'm a short person too (5"5'), and the thigh darts go past my knee by around two or three inches.

• 2 weeks later...

I just tried on the slims in a 32 (the same size as my straights) two weeks ago at BIG...the slims are SLIM. If you're not into the APC'ish Cure look...then I'd advise you to go with the straights...which are still a little tapered and definitely slim for a straight leg jean. Size down 1 if you want a very fitted, almost New Standard'ish, fit (though with less stretch and/or knee buldge).

I would actually size up 1 on the slims for my ideal fit. It would be like those people who sized up 1-2 with their Skull 5010's. The taper is crazy on those things.

I just tried on the slims in a 32 (the same size as my straights) two weeks ago at BIG...the slims are SLIM. If you're not into the APC'ish Cure look...then I'd advise you to go with the straights...which are still a little tapered and definitely slim for a straight leg jean. Size down 1 if you want a very fitted, almost New Standard'ish, fit (though with less stretch and/or knee buldge).

I would actually size up 1 on the slims for my ideal fit. It would be like those people who sized up 1-2 with their Skull 5010's. The taper is crazy on those things.

I sized down two on my slims. I could have even gone for three.

and destrodisk sized down four :o

and... where are pictures!?

I sized down two on my slims. I could have even gone for three.

and destrodisk sized down four :o

and... where are pictures!?

You guys are some skinny legged motherfuckers. I don't think FatChino would want that though...judging from his Sammies posts.

I sized down three for my 005 (at that point I thought it was two down though) cause that's what the man in the somet store told me to do. They're pretty fucking tight in the waist now that all the stretching is done and in retrospect I'd go up one size (ie 2 down) if I could do it again. I love lovelove them though.

I wear 28 in almost all dry denim, and I have 29s in the Straight which are one size too big. Should have gotten 28s.

I have 27 in the slim which are perfect.

You definitely need to size down at least one for the slims as the waist is cut a size big to accomodate the lower rise.

Anyone who claims this denim doesn't stretch much not have worn them enough. Both of mine have stretched at least a size.

The waist stretches yeah...as with any denim...but not like APC's or certain Sam's. Honestly, I've been wearing mine for months (washing once a month...hot machine wash and high dryer cycle...i don't play) and they don't even have crazy knee buldge yet...they shrink back nicely. Maybe it's cause they are true to size...but I've been everywhere with these...cleaning, floorrocking/uprocking (breakin'), fixing shit on the floor, sitting on stoops and steps, mosh pits, performances on stage, etc.

Whatever though...I love them...don't size up. You'll love them too.

somet slim vs. APC NC?

these are the most intriguing jeans i've seen in a while. i might have to go with them next. i was considering skulls, but i don't like the leg opening.

also - black vs. indigo: any differences? i want a pair of black jeans, but i'm not sure yet.

Seriously. Somets shit on APC's flimsy ass denim all day. The fit and quality KILLS APC.

I've been wearing the 003's since the early bit of Summer (not every month...I got some Eternals and recently Samurai 0500's)...and I wanted a pair of APC NS's...the black raws...needless to say, I sold those to my boy after a day of wearing them. Those jawnzzzz felt rike paper pantses.

THey ONLY thing about the Somets is they take a while to get any type of dramatic fading (unlike APC's). Although the fading is incredible...the shades are vast and with the right amount of flash or daylight...you'll be a sex object to all.

SOMETS!

I know there's not much evidence of it right now, but the denim used in these jeans is incredible. Not only very durable, but also very pretty! APC ain't got shit on these.

NO SELVAGE

word up.

Seriously. Somets shit on APC's flimsy ass denim all day. The fit and quality KILLS APC.

I've been wearing the 003's since the early bit of Summer (not every month...I got some Eternals and recently Samurai 0500's)...and I wanted a pair of APC NS's...the black raws...needless to say, I sold those to my boy after a day of wearing them. Those jawnzzzz felt rike paper pantses.

THey ONLY thing about the Somets is they take a while to get any type of dramatic fading (unlike APC's). Although the fading is incredible...the shades are vast and with the right amount of flash or daylight...you'll be a sex object to all.

i like my APC's, but in the long run, i'm looking for a real pair of jeenz jeenz, you know?

i think i'm gonna cop a pair of slim blacks in 31

how low-rise are we talking about though?

cause if they're a 34 in lowrise, should i over compensate and get a 32 or 33? i have hi-hip bones.

Yeah the slims are loower than the straights. And they are sized up a bit in the waist to compensate for the low-rise...otherwise you'd have some trouble buttoning them (that's the idea at least). I am not dope head skinny...I have slender, athletic legs...so not chicken legs, but not muscular "I run everyday and strength train these fuckers" type shits. Hope that helps. I just don't like the skinny girl jeans look on me...I do like well-fitting jeans though. I will try to post some pics up after this next wash (this week)...I've fronted quite a bit with teh camera.

Ive been looking towards a new pair of indigo for awhile now and after seeing the fit pics in here, the 008 slims have been catching my eye. Just curious, I wear about a 27 in DH 19s and those seem to fit me fine. Perfect fit to be quite honest. Should I be looking towards a 26 in these?