SOMET Denim

snugglepony

Yeah totally Low!

Im really tempted, the options for black japanese selvedge in a modern cut are very very limited. Somet has really came good, ( and given the SuFu consumer everything they wanted! - - - Remember all those countless questions about the options for black selvedge? ) these are maybe the most tapered Japanese selvedge jeans available ( skull maybe close? )...

Supercool.

Although I did hear whispers that samurai may release a black 710....

There already was a black 710...but hopefully another one will be in our future.

well, after wearing them for 2 days i am definitely loving the fit...below the knee. i am really struggling with the low rise, though. i have always worn stuff that i would consider low at 9-9.5", but i am starting to think that these may not be for me...

Ya, its definitely a LOW rise...but they look really good on your...I would stick with them.

• 1 month later...

Got a pair of the Somet 005 in black and they're damn amazing. At first I had to struggle to button them, but now they fit like a glove.

I also like the fact that the taper is slight -- I'm not a huge tapered leg fan (seen too many skinny white boys with Vans slip-ons that look like they're walking on toothpicks).

• 2 weeks later...

I was wearing my jeans out and some guy said something about them being tight and I overheard it and said 'Fuck yeah they are.'

Then he bought me a beer.

Anyway, still loving the jeans but I'm wondering why Somet has a pucker at the second button. It's kinda cool to show off the detail, but at the same time it can look sloppy. It's only visible from the side (check out jskidder's second pic).

• 2 weeks later...

love the fit, love the denim and the knee darts are fawesome. wish id gone for a sz 27rather than 26. i can just about button them. these are freakishly skinny and low for non stretch jeans. i wanted more of a slim not ultra skinny fit, these compare to my long johns, but they dont have stretch and are really stiff. fit looks ok on the pictures, but im not totally comfortable with it. other than that, these are great jeans. a really skinny low cut, that i bet is impossible to find in a comparable denim quality.

here go the pictures

93762659fm2.jpg

78966312mb5.jpg

dscn1501od7.jpg

i just read that the waist was 15.5'' on a 26, had heard they run large and went for it. i normally wear a 29 or what equates to it in most other brands. if you wanna put it that way, i did size down 3.

i'm curious where you read this...

blue in green's measurements indicate that a 28 measures 31" (15.5 x 2), and my own experience with two pairs of somets bears out their sizing advice: go down one size. if you normally wear a 29, you should've bought the 28, it sounds like?

keep us posted!

I'll post some pics of my 4 month old Somets when I get back home tomorrow. They're lookin nice. I might actually wash them just for the heck of it.

With the darts, I've had to do two repairs on the stitching which came undone. While it's kind of annoying, I suppose that worse things could result from sizing down 4. They seem to be holding up very well in all other areas.

i'm curious where you read this...

blue in green's measurements indicate that a 28 measures 31" (15.5 x 2), and my own experience with two pairs of somets bears out their sizing advice: go down one size. if you normally wear a 29, you should've bought the 28, it sounds like?

keep us posted!

the waist measurements from the guy i bought them from. he mentioned they are convenient for people wearing 27 in diors. they are comparable in the waist, but the legs are to tight for my liking, im gonna post pics of my legs later. i can button them without problems, though they are a tad tight. i agree, a 27 or a 28 would be alot better.

Anyone have experience with Somet cut and sewn?

I tried on some long sleeve shirts at Blue in Green today and they were great. Extremely slim. Unfortunately they didn't have large in the shirt I wanted so I am thinking of ordering from Somet directly.

On the website I saw Somet also makes hooded sweatshirts. Anyone know how these fit? Is sleeve length about the same as the long sleeve shirts they make (about 27 inches from shoulder)? Also the jackets they make look good, maybe thinking of trying to get one of those.

I sent an email earlier tonight, hopefully I hear back soon.

Thanks.

I got a pair of the indigo straight leg model off of someone in the marketplace, in a size 29. My true waist is 28.5, and these are slightly loose in the waist. I agree with going down one size in these, I think a 28 would have been perfect (although the waist would have been reaaallly uncomfortable the first couple days, the waistband on these is tough!). I'd like the leg to be just slightly slimmer all the way down (especially the upper thigh!), but I'm still satisfied with the fit overall. Quality of the jeans is great too.

I was just at BiG, and the woman there gave me a 28. I wear 29 in Skull 5010s and a 26 in APC new Standards (I'm 6' and around 140 lb, give or take; pics of how these fit me in the "Evolution" thread).

For me, the tight model (with the darts) was a little too tapered in the legs for my taste, and the straight leg, slim cut model fit well. - both looked good, but the straight leg ones (I ended up going with black) looked better. In either case, the 28s fit pretty snug raw, but I could get the top button buttoned.

She said they stretch less than the Skull denim.

She's right. They don't really stretch much...the waist will def. get looser with a few days/weeks put into 'em...but the knees don't do too much in terms of buldging...I've cleaned my house, moved, breakdanced, sat...all types of knee stretching has gone into these and yet, not serious buldging.

She's right. They don't really stretch much...the waist will def. get looser with a few days/weeks put into 'em...but the knees don't do too much in terms of buldging...I've cleaned my house, moved, breakdanced, sat...all types of knee stretching has gone into these and yet, not serious buldging.

give us pictures!