SOMET Denim

snugglepony

I think they may be just a bit big too. Pulled up look 100x better, but still big. I think "dumpy" shoes do not help either. Just looks like a bunch of denim squished between shoes and waist. I think slimmer shoes and as mentioned proper length would help you out.

If you want the advice great, if not, I couldn't care less.

To the guys being insulting, I do not think you can justify being an ass by saying "you posted on a fashion board". Critique if you like, but be a touch constructive.

If you read all the posts made, you'd see that there were plenty of constructive posts giving suggestions...the "fashion board" posts were directed at his question of why we were commenting at all.

If you read all the posts made, you'd see that there were plenty of constructive posts giving suggestions...the "fashion board" posts were directed at his question of why we were commenting at all.

I realize this, but there were ones that were certainly not. I realize he asked why anybody is commenting at all, but I think sometimes people use this is an excuse to act in a way that I would hope they would not act not on the internet. I just think making fun and being a dick is just that, whether you are on the internet or not.

Anyhow, this has been discussed many times and this is not the place for it. So this is all I have to say.

Good...I'm glad you came back. Please tell me you're willing to sell those jeans? I have several recommendations for a new pair that will suit you nicely!

And no, you don't have fat legs...you have the legs that are attached to your body, and you're stuck with 'em.

Howdy,

I'm new here, but I'm reading through threads like mad.

I'm media's size. So what's the recommendations?

My only concern is that I'm losing weight, bigtime...so whatever jeans I get now...probably won't fit me come next spring.

I realize this, but there were ones that were certainly not. I realize he asked why anybody is commenting at all, but I think sometimes people use this is an excuse to act in a way that I would hope they would not act not on the internet. I just think making fun and being a dick is just that, whether you are on the internet or not.

Anyhow, this has been discussed many times and this is not the place for it. So this is all I have to say.

Fair enough...just don't group all of us in that category. ;)

The somet's problems for meda:

The back pockets are too far apart and frankly kinda ugly

The back rise is too long for him and still looks a little weird even pulled up

The thighs look too tight and the calves look too baggy

The cuffing and stacking make the jeans look strangely flared

The shoes make the jeans look cheap

I think he needs to start over. As much as I hate to endorse nudies at all (after a couple poor experiences) I think the SS dry copper that somebody had on before would look perfect. They're a great cut for guys with thicker legs and the rises are a little lowered for people who like to sag. But I would definitely take off the back pocket stitching.

I hope indigojunkie doesn't mind me reposting this, but I think the fit is almost perfect:

Nudie SSDC. Post soak. 5'9" 180lbs. 33/32.

ssdc02.jpg

ssdc03.jpg

are they still selvage? not that that is the most important thing in every case, but theres a noticable fade difference between selvage nudie models and non selvage ones.

They're not supposed to fade like regular denim, according to a description on one of the sites selling them at least.

just got my slims in the mail today. i love the fit, but DAMN they are low! i don't really mind it, but its baan years since i had a pair of jeans so low that i had to worry about crack showing when i sit down.

i think i am going to skip the soak since they fit so well from the start. they are a little too tight in the waist at the moment, but i think they will give an inch or so by the end of the week so i should be good. i'll post some fit pics later...

just got my slims in the mail today. i love the fit, but DAMN they are low! i don't really mind it, but its baan years since i had a pair of jeans so low that i had to worry about crack showing when i sit down.

i think i am going to skip the soak since they fit so well from the start. they are a little too tight in the waist at the moment, but i think they will give an inch or so by the end of the week so i should be good. i'll post some fit pics later...

Somets are sanforized...soaking will do nothing besides removing starch.

BIG has somet SLIMS in BLACK!!!!

About time. I think ive posted umpteen times saying they would be the best.

link - http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=3332&category_id=&manufacturer_id=36&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=28

Just saw that today. I called them and asked them to order me a pair in a 26W (tag) which should be a 29" measured waist according to Noriko. I love my blue Slim but they're too big for me now (need a belt or they'll fall off). These blacks look so sick and just the right weight for Hawaii weather.

Yeah totally Low!

Im really tempted, the options for black japanese selvedge in a modern cut are very very limited. Somet has really came good, ( and given the SuFu consumer everything they wanted! - - - Remember all those countless questions about the options for black selvedge? ) these are maybe the most tapered Japanese selvedge jeans available ( skull maybe close? )...

Supercool.

Although I did hear whispers that samurai may release a black 710....