SOMET Denim

snugglepony

How much do these stretch? Do they stretch like APC's?

they stretch a shit load more, in wierd places too. like the crotch drops 3 inches and the ass gets hella saggier, maybe this is because they are made of 14.5 ounce, not apc's 11 ounce, selvedge jap denim!!

DUDE USE YOUR FUCKING BRAIN!! WHY WOULD THEY STRTCH LIKE APC'S!!!!

they stretch a shit load more, in wierd places too. like the crotch drops 3 inches and the ass gets hella saggier, maybe this is because they are made of 14.5 ounce, not apc's 11 ounce, selvedge jap denim!!

DUDE USE YOUR FUCKING BRAIN!! WHY WOULD THEY STRTCH LIKE APC'S!!!!

Just to clarify... do they really stretch that much, or are you just making fun of this dude?

I'm not trying to start an argument, I actually want to know how much they stretch :)

I bought my Somet Slims in a tag 29W. They fit nicely but I should have gone with 28W. That said, I didn't need them to stretch any so I always wore them with a belt so the waist wouldn't stretch.

Bottom line is that mine have not stretched out any in the waist or seat or thigh. They have stretched out a bit in the knees but not like they're blown out or anything.

BTW, the slims sit hella low. Like as in your pube hairs showing low.

Thanks for a reply Low! I'ma hit you with some +Rep in 24 hours...

Oh yeah, one more thing... As low as these are, these are actually the most comfortable slim / skinny jeans I own. They just feel great on. But that's cuz I like a low rise without the "I just took a dump in my jeans" baggy bottom look. My SExIH01BK actually look better (in terms of fit IMHO) but they're still too tight in the crotch area and they ain't gonna stretch anymore.

Good luck!

anyone who has been wearing their somets for a long time notice lots of stiches becoming undone? I feel like my somets are falling apart.

The stitching on one of my back pockets is coming undone. My hem stitch is also coming undone, but that's BIG's fault, not Somet =)

Anways I've been lurking around here for too long... I'm going ot post some pictures of my jeans soon.

Just got my 003's...wowsers. Super Duty Props to the people at Somet and BIG. Pictures in a little bit. They are fuckin' tough...I heard they do stretch...I got them a size larger than my size in APC Rescues...yet they are still a bit slimmer than the Rescues are (these=32...Rescues=31).

Good looks to all of those who have supplied info regarding these.

• 3 weeks later...

OK, I'm a little confused now. A few you say Somet's Straights stretch up to one size in the waist, and some claim they don't stretch at all. Anyway, when I got a pair I went the smaller out of the two I consider... and now it's too fucking tight. I can button them up (with a little bit of effort) and wear them a whole day but they give me pain and marks. I reeeally need them to strech up to a size. Is it hopeless - should I just get another pair? Or keep wearing? Dip the waist in water and wear damp? Help!

I love them so much. They're beautiful. Don't wanna sell!

Uhm...dip the waist in water and wear them damp...if they are really giving you that much pain. My pair has stretched a bit...not a crazy APC amount just yet...but they have been way easier to button up (it took a small bit of effort the first time). I would say just give them another day or two...but if you are in pain, go for a damp stretch.

Fit pics coming today I promise...I've been worn them for about 1 week total...the knee buldge is starting to show. The first signs of combs and whiskers (I guess stacking too) are there too.

OK, I'm a little confused now. A few you say Somet's Straights stretch up to one size in the waist, and some claim they don't stretch at all. Anyway, when I got a pair I went the smaller out of the two I consider... and now it's too fucking tight. I can button them up (with a little bit of effort) and wear them a whole day but they give me pain and marks. I reeeally need them to strech up to a size. Is it hopeless - should I just get another pair? Or keep wearing? Dip the waist in water and wear damp? Help!

I love them so much. They're beautiful. Don't wanna sell!

hi bonjin,

the somets are woven from a very fine slub yarn, and they're woven pretty tightly -- this means that they won't stretch out a whole lot. what heBAY says is right, though, and i think after a week or so of daily wear they'll form a bit more to your body.

ht/wt lowrider?

we need more info on the somet slims!!

i've made up my mind..these are gonna be my next pair =D

now sizing...?

im

28 in apc NS

29 in nudie SJ dry japans

30 in skulls 5010xx 6x6 RAW

30 in dior 19cm

31 in imperial dukes BLACK

29 or 30 in somet slims?

ht/wt lowrider?

we need more info on the somet slims!!

i've made up my mind..these are gonna be my next pair =D

now sizing...?

im

28 in apc NS

29 in nudie SJ dry japans

30 in skulls 5010xx 6x6 RAW

30 in dior 19cm

31 in imperial dukes BLACK

29 or 30 in somet slims?

Almost 5'8" and 145/lbs (lean muscle hence the weight). My 29W (32") Slims are too big in the waist for me and must be worn with a belt or they'll fall off. I could easily go down to the 28W and probably the 27W.

SExIH01BK is a 29W (started out at 28.5" but not sure what it stretched too - can't measure it now cuz it's drying) w/ a 10" front rise

KMW AWA is a 29W (29.5") w/ a 10" front rise

I ordered my White Skull S5010XX and a PBJ XX-007 in a 29W (29" post wash) but haven't gotten them yet so I can't tell you how they fit.

toufu:

regarding sizing of Somet slims, I'm 6'1"/170 (more of my weight is chest and shoulders)

I wear Skull 5010XX 6x6 OW in 30.

I wear Dior 19cm in 30 (kinda tight at first) or 31 (good initially, then stretches to slouch)

I have the Somet slims in 29. They were really tight at first with the waist measuring at 32. It took me a few hours of wearing around the house to button the top button, but as I said, after five wears they have stretched out to be comfortable(ish) with the waist at 33. I could squeeze into a 28 but I don't know if it would have stretched enough not to be obscene. Also, the 30 fit nicely before stretching, so I think it would have ended up loose after stretching.

It sounds like 29 would be a good size for you, or even 28 if you are really slim in the lower body and have narrow hips. On me, at least, these sit right on the hips, so that's the important measurement.

fukin awesome size 29 sounds good!

any fit pics?

I'd consider selling my pair if you're interested Tofu. They're hemmed by BiG to a 32" inseam though. 44 days of wear and 2 washes w/ Dr. Bronner's. 1 wash at 25 days and another at 43 days. Yes, I actually keep a calendar of when I wear and wash my jeans. Not much fading going on in these puppies yet.

CIMG3286.jpg

CIMG3282.jpg

SometFront.jpg

SometRight.jpg

SometLeft.jpg

SometBack.jpg

CIMG3655.jpg

What the darts on the inner thigh look like:

CIMG3269.jpg

CIMG3267.jpg