SOMET Denim

snugglepony

Serge, Sam, Snuggle, & Poly -

I've read this thread and have measured myself according to the diagram (I hope correctly) on page 4. I think my hip area where the Somets are supposed to fall is 31.5".

I even took out an old pair of D&Gs that are a 2 button total and the front rise is 8" and the back rise is 12" measured from the junction point where the front, rear, and inseams meet. Those were a 16.5" from the back so I guess it's a 33" but they're kinda loose on me (will fall too low w/o a belt).

Being that I'm in Hawaii and shipping is expensive, I'm trying to figure this out as best I can before I commit to buying from BiG.

So here's my question - would a 28W (31" according to BiG) in the 008 Slim work for me? I'm guessing yes but would like to know how much yours have stretched to see if I should wait for a 27W.

BTW, my thigh measurement is 21".

Mahalo for your feedback!

Mahalos Sam and Poly! I'm gonna call Gordon in a bit to place my order for the 28W. I figure my thighs (per the page 4 diagram) is 21" and if I double the thigh measurement on BiG I should be okay.

Wish me luck!

Damn... there goes my 4 jean rule. I'll have to tell my GF they're my GAPs since the Gough came with a white patch too. I hope she won't notice.

Got my 008 Slims today and am wearing them now. Holy fuck these are tight in crotch area! It's weird feeling how my thigh movements move the crotch fabric on my junk.

Shit I should have gotten a 28W cuz the 29W I got is a little loose in the waist area but tight in the crotch and knees.

I love the darts on the thighs! They're not obvious at all but you know they're there when you run your hands over your thighs.

These have darts across the back pockets too. With the slim fit, darts, and small leg opening, I wonder if they're loosely based on the 19cm?

Unparalleled service from Gordon. He's definitely hooked me as a loyal customer.

Got my 008 Slims today and am wearing them now. Holy fuck these are tight in crotch area! It's weird feeling how my thigh movements move the crotch fabric on my junk.

Shit I should have gotten a 28W cuz the 29W I got is a little loose in the waist area but tight in the crotch and knees.

I love the darts on the thighs! They're not obvious at all but you know they're there when you run your hands over your thighs.

These have darts across the back pockets too. With the slim fit, darts, and small leg opening, I wonder if they're loosely based on the 19cm?

Unparalleled service from Gordon. He's definitely hooked me as a loyal customer.

to slake my curiosity, lowrider, please post some photos of the darts up close -- inside and out, if possible.

and re: back pocket "darts," are you sure you're not mistaking the stitching for the half lining in the back pockets for darts?

to slake my curiosity, lowrider, please post some photos of the darts up close -- inside and out, if possible.

and re: back pocket "darts," are you sure you're not mistaking the stitching for the half lining in the back pockets for darts?

Will post pics soon.

And yes, I am mistaking the stitching for the half lining in the back pockets for darts. Ah yes... my noobiness shines through again! Thanks for setting me straight.

wht size do you wear in other brands ex apc?

also what sizing chart is more accurate own-magazine or BiGsoho?

I don't own APC and I've got nothing close to this slim of a fit as a reference. I sorta messed up on the waist sizing (being a noob and all) and could do with 1.5" - 2" smaller in the waist. But I think if I went smaller in the waist, these jeans would be like a second fucking skin - waaaaay too tight for my liking. Right now they fit perfect everywhere but in the waist. That's much better than the opposite of fitting shitty everywhere but good in the waist since I can just wear a belt.

I have to say that BiGs sizing chart is spot on but I've never seen own-magazine's so I can't compare the 2.

here's a quick SOMET question: does it exhibit the same poofy hips and ass as most of the japanese cuts out there? lowrider's photos seem to bear that out, as do some of serge's photos. an opinion from someone who own's a pair would be great.

I don't really know what I'm talking about but these things are hella tight IMHO. Maybe the poofy hips and ass are actually my hips and ass that are look exaggerated due to the taper of the jean from waist down?

Low waisted jeans aren't poofy by definition. High waisted jeans will taper above the hips which makes them poof out at the hips if you don't wear them up around your abdomen.

yep.

zero poof.

tweeds: since lowrider's jeans are literally brand new, whatever you're seeing is probably just the result of it being new, stiff denim.

I don't own APC and I've got nothing close to this slim of a fit as a reference. I sorta messed up on the waist sizing (being a noob and all) and could do with 1.5" - 2" smaller in the waist. But I think if I went smaller in the waist, these jeans would be like a second fucking skin - waaaaay too tight for my liking. Right now they fit perfect everywhere but in the waist. That's much better than the opposite of fitting shitty everywhere but good in the waist since I can just wear a belt.

I have to say that BiGs sizing chart is spot on but I've never seen own-magazine's so I can't compare the 2.

maybe you should try the straight legs and not the slims. if you size down to your correct waist size in the straights, the legs might be similar to the slims when they are two sizes too big.

maybe you should try the straight legs and not the slims. if you size down to your correct waist size in the straights, the legs might be similar to the slims when they are two sizes too big.

Nah, I'm an idiot. I was wondering why I could feel the stiff fabric rubbing on my junk everytime I walk. Well that's because I was wearing them a bit too high. Too used to my Begins and the 14" rise I guess.

Now that I've let them sit on my hip bones as they're supposed to, they feel much better. Now I love every aspect of the fit.

I wonder if the darts are helping to prevent blowout of the knees...