SOMET Denim

snugglepony

Basic Men's Straight Jeans(14.5oz)

(1) we have them in 26''-35''

(2) but 34'' is out of stock.

Men's Slim Jeans(13.8oz)

(1)we usually have them in 26'' to 35''

(2)but now only 26'',27'', 33'', 34'', 35'' are still available.

Best wishes,

SOMET

Jamie.

Somet only does these two cuts, correct? I understand that they do seasonal cuts as well (I saw a cargo cut on their site) but the basic straight and the slim are their standard fits?

I am deliberating over a pair of the basic straight in white. I really want a pair of white jeans to rock with some euro-trash panache this summer, but $230 feels steep for jeans I'm going to get dirty merely trying on. Does anyone know if the whites are simply cotton twill, or are they undyed, bleached cotton denim?

• 2 weeks later...
Mine are a bit too big (meaning not snug like I like them) and I wear them with a belt so they don't stretch. They are very compact denim, so I doubt they will stretch very much.

Serge, yours fit perfectly. I bought a pair hoping to achieve the same fit you did. Hopefully I will not be disappointed. Should be arriving in a few days. It's been almost 7 or 8 months since I've bought a new pair of jeans, so I'm way too excited.

My buddy got a pair recently. He is very in love with them. He says they give him bulges in all the right areas (He's gay).

Nice qualifier (he's gay). That is a sick tattoo that I can see. I was thinking of getting the exact same thing on my arm (I got the idea from Cedric Bixler, from ATDI NOT FROM MV [fuck MV])

i mean like 30 somet straight vs 30 pbj 005.. so i guess somet straights are slimmer

also, the somets are not sanforized but don't shrink ?

They are sanforized. They do not shrink or twist. a 30 in Somet vs. a 30 in PBJ, the somets are going to be slimmer, for sure, but the waist is also going to be bigger. Doesn't bother some people (I personally prefer a looser waist).

They are sanforized. They do not shrink or twist. a 30 in Somet vs. a 30 in PBJ, the somets are going to be slimmer, for sure, but the waist is also going to be bigger. Doesn't bother some people (I personally prefer a looser waist).

WW-

When I bought my basic straights Mami from Somet told me explicitly that they only used un-sanforized denim. As you say, they don't shrink or twist, leading to a discussion of the effects of sanforization on denim. I'm not sure where those posts ended up, but they are around here somewhere.

WW-

When I bought my basic straights Mami from Somet told me explicitly that they only used un-sanforized denim. As you say, they don't shrink or twist, leading to a discussion of the effects of sanforization on denim. I'm not sure where those posts ended up, but they are around here somewhere.

Maybe they only use originally unsanforized denim, then they sanforize it? :D

Perhaps Mami misunderstood what you were talking about, or it was a typo or something, because they're definitely sanforized. You can tell the difference between sanforized and unsanforized denim, even without comparing sizes. The somets I've seen were way too even and ...symmetrical (hard to describe what I'm talking about) to be unsanforized.

Besides that, unsanforized denim will *always* shrink, to a certain extent. And they will always twist as well. If they aren't twisting, then they aren't real denim, because the twist is caused by the bias of the weave (3x1). The only case where they wouldn't twist is with a felled inseam. I didn't check if they had a felled inseam or not when I saw them (it's a tad bit weird to pull up the hem on someone else's jeans). I should be getting mine today so I can check later.

Also just checked, and BiG has it on their website that they are in fact sanforized.

Dear Mr. Alex,

Hi, this is Jamie again from Japan. Thanks for the detail information.

According to those data, it seems that 31’’ is better for you than 30’’. Because 30’’ may be a little too tight before first wash. Shrinkage you just mentioned is the very important matter before buying jeans. The denim we always use in SOMET Jeans is not sanforized, so lengthwise the denim shrinks about 3% and broadwise shrinks less than 1%. It means that after wash, a 90cm hemmed jeans might shrink into 87cm in length. Although the shrinkage in width will occur after first wash, it will become softer and stretch again after daily wearing. That’s why we’d like to suggest 31’’ to be the fittest one for you.

figured i'd chime in, since the sanforized/unsanforized issue probably stemmed from this exchange with jamie at somet when i bought my first pair last year. frankly, i think she was incorrect (probably a language issue) in saying that the denim is not sanforized. based both on personal experience (negligible shrinkage after a warm soak) and the very small %s she quotes, i think it's safe to say the somet denim is sanforized.

whiskey: the inseam is not flat felled on somets, though i don't believe for one second that felling an inseam has any effect whatsoever on leg twist (i'd love ringring or paul t to add their two cents, if they're listening...).

what do you mean by comparative sizes?

Somet straights are slimmer than PBJ 005s in equal sizes. So that means if youre accomodating for sizing down, the Somets are considerably slimmer.

well i mean 29 pbjs vs somet 28

pbj would be sizing up 1, somet would be true

somet and pbj measurements are about the same,

pbj...somet

waist 14.5...15

rise 9....8.5

thigh 11....11.5

can someone confirm that the somet straight cut comes in indigo and black whereas the somet slim cut only comes in indigo?

Thanks

CONFIRMED.

straight is available in:

13.8 oz indigo (may be discontinued?)

14.5 oz indigo

13.0 oz black

13.5 oz white

plus a few more forthcoming (beige overdye?) that aren't available yet.

somet.co.jp is the website.

Leg twist has nothing to do with the seams. Non-sanforized, non-preshunk denim will twist, particulary if the denim has the combination of being left-hand and having the yarns being spun in the normal direction.

Also that sucks that everyone is making heavyweight denim jeans. 13.8 is heavy enough as it is. I would like to see more <13.5.

Does anyone in this thread own the basic straight cut? If so, do they have pics they could share? On the model on own-mag, they look like an amazing fit. More unique than the slim-straight...

not to be a complete dick, but did you even read the thread? serge is the only one i know of who has the slim fit. everyone else who has a pair of somet's in this thread has the regular straight fit. snuggle, me, bill i think. all of us have posted pics too.

^ My apologies. I thought I had read the the thread. I just had allowed some of the pictures to load from the earlier posts, and I misunderstood everyone else's to also be the slim fit. I appreciate that you prefaced your reply with 'not to be a complete dick.' You must be in a better mood than usual...(seriously)

^ I have read the thread, yes. My apologies, I forgot to specify the basic, straight indigo, since the only pictures I saw were of the black, and the majority discussion seems to be of Serge's slims and the thigh darts. I appreciate that you prefaced your reply with 'not to be a complete dick.' You must be in a better mood than usual...(seriously)

same exact fit as the blacks

snuggle has a pair of indigo straight fit as well.

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showpost.php?p=214113&postcount=172

pm him, i'm sure he's willing to take a pic.

same exact fit as the blacks

snuggle has a pair of indigo straight fit as well.

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showpost.php?p=214113&postcount=172

pm him, i'm sure he's willing to take a pic.

yar.

search my waywt pics.

search sam113's waywt pics.

look at poly's sale thread (he's wearing the blacks in a couple shots).

read this thread.

shit's out there, i promise.

btw, i'm still waiting to see some detail shots of the slim fit darts (interior and exterior finish). super curious...