SOMET Denim

snugglepony

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎5‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 8:41 AM, somatoform said:

With Somet's standard denim, is what BiG describes as partially sanforised (even with a hot wash) just shrinkage you get from any sanforised denim? So nothing drastic and nothing that wouldn't stretch back out? 

From my experience (see previous page) Somet does not shrink hardly at all, nor does it leg twist at all (see how straight the leg seams are in my photos). They do not stretch out much either. Some stretch sure, like all jeans, but less than most in my experience. 

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

6 minutes ago, i_denim said:

What do you like about them? The fit, the fabric, the hardware? Noob here & don't know anything about Somet. Hence, the question.

I like cutting and fit. They fit well on my body.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

What are the "writer" jeans on Denimio's site? The cut and price look really good, as well as the 33 inch inseam (which would give me a turnup rather than a roll, which I prefer). I'm looking for a tapered but not tight cut as a contrast to most of my other pants, which tend to be a bit looser.

https://www.denimio.com/somet-1820130030-13-8oz-men-s-writer-s-08-indigo.html

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Somet 008 on a female...it came up in the heddels measurement search tool that these have the same proportions as my favorite discontinued Flathead Balder jeans that are slightly too small for me, and BIG had them on sale so I couldn't resist.

I'm unsure if I should soak them though because I really like the fit exactly how it is in the hips and thighs and waist....they're just a little long, but heels will fix that.  What do you think?

20190701_223709.jpg

20190701_223742.jpg

Edited by machine-language

2 hours ago, machine-language said:

Somet 008 on a female...it came up in the heddels measurement search tool that these have the same proportions as my favorite discontinued Flathead Balder jeans that are slightly too small for me, and BIG had them on sale so I couldn't resist.

I'm unsure if I should soak them though because I really like the fit exactly how it is in the hips and thighs and waist....they're just a little long, but heels will fix that.  What do you think?

20190701_223709.jpg

20190701_223742.jpg

Wear them 3-6 months first before soak them.

They are perfect fit. If they are too long cut them a little bit or cuff.

this is a used and faded pair of Somet 008 size 27 that I just got from Poshmark (the slouchier brand-new ones above are size 29). I love them so much. They fit better than any of my other jeans and they're so soft. I did a temporary crotch repair.

It would be funny if someone here faded these for me!  

I think I am going to soak those size 29 new ones in hopes of shrinking them just a little....if the inseam is the only place where I get any shrinkage it would still make them a little more likeable.

20190704_151431.jpg

20190704_151403.jpg

20190704_151327.jpg

20190704_150235.jpg

On 7/1/2019 at 8:43 PM, machine-language said:

On a guy that fit would be OK, but I think on a gal they're a little too big. They'll stretch out some with wear, and as the denim relaxes and drapes better they might look saggy. I say hot wash and dry them on high, inside out, before you wear them at all to get any last shrink out. Don't wear them until they're completely dry. There's always some shrink left, even in sanforized denim, and it varies. They may tighten up in the hips and waist but they'll stretch out where needed. 

On 7/8/2019 at 1:34 PM, mpukas said:

On a guy that fit would be OK, but I think on a gal they're a little too big. They'll stretch out some with wear, and as the denim relaxes and drapes better they might look saggy. I say hot wash and dry them on high, inside out, before you wear them at all to get any last shrink out. Don't wear them until they're completely dry. There's always some shrink left, even in sanforized denim, and it varies. They may tighten up in the hips and waist but they'll stretch out where needed. 

I think you're right they did start to feel too big after about a week of wear.  But they can be my fat jeans. I seem to change size a lot during a normal month because of water retention and whatnot. and there are some days when I am not able to fit into any of the other jeans that I currently own, except I can fit into these. BIG had them on sale and 29 was the smallest they had. but that used size 27 that I got from Poshmark fits soooo good, so that's the size I'm keeping an eye out for if I buy another pair of 008, or maybe the black 018 (which I really want now that I know how this fits on me!!)

a couple of days ago I put them a hot water gentle cycle in the washing machine without detergent. They shrank a little but they still feel like they're going to be my fat jeans.

if anyone wants to sell me used or new somet 008 or somet 018 in tag size 27, 28, or 29, please pm me. I want to stock up because it's so hard to find jeans that fit me this good.  I love how much freedom of movement I have in these but it still looks slim.  I love actually having room for my thighs...and having room in the waist too without feeling them creep lower and lower (which is probably because they have enough room in the thighs).  who knew the best women's jeans on the planet would actually be men's jeans!!

(and when I ask stuff like this I usually get PMs about other brands or other cuts....the answer would be no thanks, I'm only interested in somet 008 and somet 018)

2 hours ago, chambo2008 said:

Check grailed Think they have some 003 but could work for you?

I saw that but that inseam is going to be too short for me after it shrinks in the first wash plus the 003 and 008 measurements aren't the same and the 008 fits me like it was made for me....I wouldn't expect the same if the measurements are different.

22 hours ago, chambo2008 said:

So what are you perfect measurements?

the jeans I love the most have these measurements after they're done stretching or shrinking (measured like Blue in Green measures):

7.5 - 8" front rise, 11.5 - 12" back rise, 32.5 - 33" waistband, 11 - 11.5" upper thigh (thigh measurement is usually the holdup if jeans don't fit me, I'm a lot more comfortable with the upper end of that range and can't go below 11" at all)

inseam minimum 31" if it's a skinny fit that fits like leggings, 32-36" inseam if it is a slim straight or "cigarette" fit that stacks on top of my shoes even if I'm wearing high heeled boots (like the 008 size 27 does in the picture above), 34-35" inseam if the leg opening is wide enough to cover a high heeled boot and fall down to the floor ...and I always prefer inseams longer than these just in case it has any shrinkage left in it when I wash it 

Somet 008 matches those measurements so nicely. and so does Samurai Geisha. and Baldwin Ten Skinny.  Flathead Balder maybe...I keep an eye out for that on ebay but usually I only find it with inseam too short.

Inseam too short, thighs too small, or rise way too high in the size that fits my thighs, are usually the issues when I try to look for jeans. and I've had really bad luck sizing up then getting the waist taken in (got at least 1 pair of jeans ruined that way, they came back looking completely asymmetrical) so I don't do that any more.

4 hours ago, machine-language said:

the jeans I love the most have these measurements after they're done stretching or shrinking (measured like Blue in Green measures):

7.5 - 8" front rise, 11.5 - 12" back rise, 32.5 - 33" waistband, 11 - 11.5" upper thigh (thigh measurement is usually the holdup if jeans don't fit me, I'm a lot more comfortable with the upper end of that range and can't go below 11" at all)

inseam minimum 31" if it's a skinny fit that fits like leggings, 32-36" inseam if it is a slim straight or "cigarette" fit that stacks on top of my shoes even if I'm wearing high heeled boots (like the 008 size 27 does in the picture above), 34-35" inseam if the leg opening is wide enough to cover a high heeled boot and fall down to the floor ...and I always prefer inseams longer than these just in case it has any shrinkage left in it when I wash it 

Somet 008 matches those measurements so nicely. and so does Samurai Geisha. and Baldwin Ten Skinny.  Flathead Balder maybe...I keep an eye out for that on ebay but usually I only find it with inseam too short.

Inseam too short, thighs too small, or rise way too high in the size that fits my thighs, are usually the issues when I try to look for jeans. and I've had really bad luck sizing up then getting the waist taken in (got at least 1 pair of jeans ruined that way, they came back looking completely asymmetrical) so I don't do that any more.

Ok check these out, maybe you could find cheaper on yahoo Japan? This is taken from blueowl 

Screenshot_20190714-095214.png

10 hours ago, chambo2008 said:

Ok check these out, maybe you could find cheaper on yahoo Japan? This is taken from blueowl 

Screenshot_20190714-095214.png

I actually have momotaro 8005sp in my closet (thighs are slightly bigger compared to 7005sp) ...I don't wear them much because they didn't stretch during break-in as much as i thought they would, but yeah proportionally they are nice for me and would probably work if I could find those in a size 29 or 30.