SOMET Denim

snugglepony

Just got my pair of Somet 003 in the mail, I love them! The fit is awesome, and they are the perfect length!

I rushed, so the fit is a little sloppy, so sorry about that, but I was too lazy to try and fix it...

1299706233516.jpg

1299706187267.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

With 008s size down to where your thighs let you. The waist tends to be a bit more looser to accommodate for sitting on the hipbones thus ones tagged 31 would be around 34-35. I'm true size 32 but sized down to 31 and the fit is fitted but not crushing.

For reference, in skulls (5010) on the other hand, I size up to 33 based on thigh measurement. 32 in PBJ005 (in raw accommodating for post-wash thigh shrinkage) etc..

That's funny haha, I sized up to 31 for skulls and 29 for PBJ (too tight in thigh) from TTS 30. I guess I'll jump on a sz29 Somet when I get a shot then..

By the thigh theory though, according to BiG I can go down to a 27 (the jeans im wearing now are 11 in the thigh last I checked)... which is something i -dont- want to do haha

• 3 weeks later...

Just got a couple pairs (003 & 008). First pair of good denim, so hoping they live up to their rep.

Anyway just wondering if i should be soaking them first in hot water before wearing, or doing the first soak after 6+ months?

From what i've read it seems to make no diff...either shrink first then stretch out, or vice versa in which case it ends up the same right? Can anyone confirm that?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I would stick to the same size 29 in 003 and 008 as :

waist size 003 = tag +2

waist size 008 = tag +3

Hey guys,

I've been reading this thread contemplating of whether to get a pair of somet 003's in indigo.. I feel so lost.. haven't bought a pair of jeans in a long time.. 3 years to be precise.. been wearing my flat head f380's (sz 31) for that entire period..

so my question is.. my waist is 32". what size do I get? I like a regular fit (not too tight but not too loose). Also, how much does the front/back rise and length of inseams shrink after a hot soak?

Would be amazing if you guys could advise me on this! :) thank you!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just copped a pair of 008 sz 32 from BiG, these jeans are ridiculously awesome. Bought it Saturday morning and it arrived in my doorstep this morning(live in MA).

A huge step up from my other 2 pair (APC and N&F). The rise isn't a big issue, I always wear under armor compression shirts under all my clothes and tucked in, so my ass won't be showing. Only thing I need to get use to is the feel of the denim, it feels like card board, hopefully it softens up.

6'1 177 lbs 30 inch waist. Don't know how people can size down in these things, I have a 12" tighs so I sized according to that, and it fits me perfectly. The waist is a tad bit loose but I always wear a belt so I'll be fine since these don't stretch much at all.

More detailed fit pics coming, probably tomorrow during the day for quality.

Props to the peeps at BiG, will definitely be buying from there again.

32N7m.jpg

• 2 months later...