SOMET Denim

snugglepony

I'm trying to get a pair of these Somet Slims I think, and my mac can't read Somet's site. Can someone direct me to an address for a brick and mortar store in Tokyo carrying Somet?

i'm at home on my mac now, but i'll get you some store names/addresses tomorrow.

Also, does anyone know what the Slims list for in yen; and are these raw or rinsed, and has anyone soaked their Somets to see if they shrink any?

i'm guessing the slims go for 21,000jpy, same as the non-heavy indigos (not listed on the own-magazine site); they're raw not rinsed; negligible if any shrinkage after a room-temp soak.

I don't seem to have problem accessing the Somet site on my Mac. I'm running OS version 10.4.8.

I tried it with the latest version of Firefox, Safari, Opera, and Camino and they all seem to work wonderfully. I also have the latest version of Flash installed. Maybe that helps.

Internet Explorer on a Mac is garbage. It's not a "modern" browser and was last updated somewhere around 2000 and hacked poorly to even work with Mac OS X. Microsoft recommends people use Safari instead: http://www.microsoft.com/mac/products/internetexplorer/internetexplorer.aspx?pid=internetexplorer

^^ it probably because i'm running a G3 powerbook and a G4 emac stuck at 10.3.9... hurry up and refresh the MBP to rev.2 already, apple -- daddy needs a new compy!

dismal: i don't think i have the necessary japanese language module installed on this computer -- the addresses render all jumbled.

here are some store names though:

Cibone

George

Little Red Rooster

Detaj

Mercerie

Foil

World History

Faye History

History (Mens)

Coldbeck

Museum for Ships

Ships

Yo snuggle, thanks dude. Haha, I'll have to hit up Ships, since I have no idea where 'Little Red Rooster' is....

I'm using 10.4.8 too but I think I might have a lemon of a MacBook, this shit runs slower than my old PBG4... wasn't finding and distributor info on the site.

Still up in the air about these Somet Slims. I would've actually bit on them if someone hadn't posted earlier and pointed out the darts on the legs, because I hadn't noticed them. They are super sketch though, especially in that location. The search goes on....

• 3 weeks later...

I really want to pull the trigger on a pair of these. Hopefully the own-webstore is able to hem and chainstitch them for me.

But before I make my purchase, could someone do me a huge favour and measure the rise on your regular straights?

Looking at the pictures that were posted, I'm having a hard time figuring out the measurements on Somet's website. It says the rise for the size 29 is 18.7cm (~7.4inches).. which is ridiculously low, to the point where my penis would probably fall out. What exactly are they measuring?

hah! that's exactly what I thought. They are low-rise.. but I knew 7.4 inches wasn't possible. That's girljeans territory. Maybe they were measuring the fly or something.

Thanks snugglepony.

EDIT- anyone have any experiences ordering from OWN?

you got one on reserve snuggle?

yep! i ordered a pair of the 14.5oz indigos for myself when i ordered them for you, sam, dnarnya and akura. ;)

too many indigo jeans already in the rotation, so these are hanging out for awhile...

lurking...

biding their time...:eek:

Snuggle Pony, what is the fit like?

awesome, in a word.

low-ish rise, but nothing crazy. slim straight leg. i posted some pics at the beginning of this thread, plus there's a picture of me wearing them i just posted in waywt. sam113 and poly have posted pics wearing them in this and the waywt threads, too, i believe.

• 1 month later...

Hey Snugglepony, how are those Somet Blacks holding up? Is any wear coming in? Updates?

I'm trying to scout out some black denim that isn't overdyed, and these look pretty damn nice... thx!

do not think there is a place in the states that carry these. but just ask, i feel like the people that have bought these, sam, me, and snuggle are more than willing to help you with measurements.

Thanks for the offer but I wear what for most of you is probably a large size. I'd need to know measurements on the size 36 or 38 ones...

you know, i was thinking about this....the denim game is kind of like the sneaker game. ebay ruined the sneaker game, has BIG and Selfedge ruined the japanese denim game? I love BIG, but some food for thought....

In a way, yes. Because sometimes the thrill in collecting things is in the search. Discovering an obscure item in an obscure place can be very gratifying. These days people can sit on their asses in front of a computer and buy anything.

But places like BIG and Selfedge makes quality product more accessible to everyone (which might turn off a lot of people). Still, its such a small percentage of the denim market. Everyone else is rockin' TrueMankindClothChipRepublic or some shit. I'm sure companies like Sugar Cane are happy to break into the U.S. market.

I love traveling to different country and finding some clothes that are truly local. But it's also nice to buy a pair of jeans without having to fly all the way over to Japan.

Thanks for the offer but I wear what for most of you is probably a large size. I'd need to know measurements on the size 36 or 38 ones...

You can e-mail Mami at Somet- she was extremely helpful with sizing when I got mine.

I know she was instrumental with helping Snuggle put together the mass order.

[email protected].

You can e-mail Mami at Somet- she was extremely helpful with sizing when I got mine.

I know she was instrumental with helping Snuggle put together the mass order.

[email protected].

Sam, how are yours looking now, after a few months? Poly, Dnarya? How about you guys...

They are still my favorite- followed very closely by my XX-005s and Sorahiko Slims.

If I was a slubfreak it might be the other way around, but I prefer less slub.

They don't get enough use because of those other two, but are showing some noticable wear. I'll throw up some pics soon.

Hey Snugglepony, how are those Somet Blacks holding up? Is any wear coming in? Updates?

I'm trying to scout out some black denim that isn't overdyed, and these look pretty damn nice... thx!

yo...

i've been off the 'future lately (first with travel and lately with a lot of barfing), but i'll throw up some pics of the somet blacks tomorrow-ish. like akura and everyone else is saying, they take some time to get wear, for sure.

cosign on:

*mami akasaka at somet being awesome and helpful.

*willingness to help w/ measurements (though i think the biggest size somet makes is 35?).

*yes, the 14.5 oz. are awesome

*favorites

poly, i know what you mean. it was pretty exciting to seek out and find a way to get the somets when there was no US retailer... then to offer to procure them for other SFers. i'm not hung up on the exclusivity tip, but the somets have a special significance just because of the process i had to go through to get them -- this isn't really diminished by BiG carrying them, but i did feel a little pang of jealousy when i read that they'll be getting them (personally, i'd much rather hear that sam113 got them in at context...)

• 1 month later...