SOMET Denim

snugglepony

props bjornlg !

your somét 008s look great after their first machine wash.

i love how after a wash the stitching and patch get all bright/new looking.

bjornlg, a few questions.

what temperature was the water you washed your sométs in ?

did you add a detergent or cleaning product to the wash ? if yes, what amount ?

did you notice shrinkage in any other area of the jean, excluding the waist ?

thanks bud.

keep on thrashing on.

Hey Northern, thanks for ya comments.

I'm not too sure what temperature the water was.

I did add some detergent and fabric softener (obviously didnt work) to them primarily with the intention of removing the smell. They now smell really gooood.=)

In terms of shrinkage, i'm sure the length shrank abit, which i am happy about bcos i hate it tt my cuffs are fraying from all the stepping.

If you need measurements let me know.

I would say the jeans shrank a lil as a whole, possibly back to the brand new kinda feel. But i'm sure they will stretch out after some wear.

Keep trashing yours too!

Keep the comments coming... much appreciated.

when did the 003s increase in price on BiG ?!

they now are $325.00 USD

:\

still $285.00 USD on Context Clothing . . .

& CC states that the 003s are '14.5oz Unwashed Selvage Fabric'

but BiG states that the 003s are '13.8oz Original Japanese selvage denim'

• 2 weeks later...

So here are my Somet 008 in size 28: Unfortunately rips in the denim developed in the upper thing to lower crotch area (from too much stretch I believe). At the waist, I have plenty of room, and going to a 29 in the 008s leaves me with a similar upper thingh issue and a baggy waist.

So, I'm considering a slightly different fit with a tad more room in the thigh through lower crotch while still being slim past the knee (tapered) for stacking and slim in waist. Admittedly, my sizing is a bit odd as I'm a cyclist and tend to have slim waist with oddly large thighs and buttocks from hours in the saddle. Any suggestions?

Btw, I rarely ride in my jeans so the rips aren't simply because of that. Note that I hid the rips in these pics and at the time they were still small.

Here are the 008:

web.jpg?ver=129480543900032

The rips got tooo large for public wear, so I bit the bullet and picked up a pair of APC NS in 28. I think I would have done 27 but they didn't have em at the local shop (Philly) and this was an issue of pants or no pants....

Suggestions appreciated...

yeah Bass.. did u hem them?? how tall are u?

Thanks. No hem- I'm 5'8" so there is plenty of length to stack and as you know the 008 is real slim past the knee to the leg opening.

My very basic method for getting the stacks to hold well is to push the bottoms up the lower leg after with wet hands in the first few weeks of wear so that the denim is kinda folded in a random pattern by the calf. The leg opening falls back down to the ankles in a few minutes with the stacks holding.

Anyone with Somet 008 or 003 (or any model really) have a comparison to APC NS? thanks

bass

Hey Bass.. anyway.. i wore APC NS before Somets 008 and i can tell u that the NS are def gonna be much more baggy than the Somets. I'm around the same height as you, and skinny all around. Typical small built asian boy. And i found that the NS didnt fit me well at all. I would go for the Petit Standards if i had the choice.

Why dont u take some fit pics of ur NS?

Btw, how long did u wear ur Somets 008 for? Any washes/soaks?

thanks bro. Yeah Somet denim is brilliant.

wore APC NS before Somets 008 and i can tell u that the NS are def gonna be much more baggy

I'm around the same height as you, and skinny all around. Typical small built asian boy.

I;m actually white and 29 and just ride my bike a lot :)

And i found that the NS didnt fit me well at all. I would go for the Petit Standards if i had the choice.

Why dont u take some fit pics of ur NS?

might take pics of the 28 NS but I agree that the stretch is more than I intended.

Looking at some 008s again, or 003, ect at BIG. wore to pairs of 008s, each for ~2 years before getting rips in in the upper medial thing / lower crotch area. Even still, the waist is plenty roomy with a belt. Any Somet we know that would be less likely to rip like this?

Btw, how long did u wear ur Somets 008 for? Any washes/soaks?

About 2.5 years for the 008s I posted. Used water from wet hands to push up stacks a few times in first few weeks, then wore them almost daily for a solid year until I washed gentle/warm and high dry.

Totally want a new pair of Somet's!

Thanks. No hem- I'm 5'8" so there is plenty of length to stack and as you know the 008 is real slim past the knee to the leg opening.

My very basic method for getting the stacks to hold well is to push the bottoms up the lower leg after with wet hands in the first few weeks of wear so that the denim is kinda folded in a random pattern by the calf. The leg opening falls back down to the ankles in a few minutes with the stacks holding.

Anyone with Somet 008 or 003 (or any model really) have a comparison to APC NS? thanks

bass

I had the NS before my 008. They are completely different fits - NS has way less taper and the quality of the denim doesn't feel as good as the 008. NS will rip/develop holes faster too. Its still a good choice, I still wear my NS occasionally.

hey man.. i havent been giving them much wear since cos its damn hot in singapore. I also just got a pair of pbjs so i intend to wear that pair more often. I'll prob give the 008s a rest for the time being.

Hows ur pair/?? Any winter fades? haha

• 3 weeks later...