SOMET Denim

snugglepony

Definitely give them time before wondering about if you made a sizing mistake. Those look good and the stretch isn't as much as some denim due to the tight weave.

just picked up fresh 030s at BiG

legs are pretty tight but I probably could've gone one more down in the waist

4407545497_b99a2182d8.jpg

yea thanks for rep/advice, was just surprised at the waist measurement on the BiG size chart. Most people on the forum have 008 and 003 so there aren't really fit pics for 030 except on BiG and those are worn pretty loosely. Just gonna wear a belt to minimize waist stretch and wait for legs to soften a bit.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got some 008s but they button to easily. Will they shrink 1 size in the dryer (my first pair of sanforized denim)?

By the way, what hapened with Somet?

They are disappeared, website is not working, phone is off, no answers for emails etc.

Site worked a week ago.

hey guys, so heres my day 1 pics of my somets 008 in size 26 that i just received from Big. First thing i can say is these jeans are tough as nails, feels like wearing metal pants. The feel of the denim is not slubby at all. It is smooth and kinda like an APC. The rise is definitely very low, feels like my balls are being hugged all the time. I hope i can get used to that fit. Also, I am unable to button the top button yet. Do u guys think the jeans will stretch out nicely for me to button em?? The thigh darts are barely visible when you wear them, and they definitely help make the silhouette slimmer, for those who want a slim/ skinny fit.

P1030724.jpg

P1030724.jpg

P1030725.jpg

Anyways, here are some fit pics, do tell me how they fit on me. Hope more people get Somets 008s so there will be more fitpics and knowledge sharing. Cheers!

^ pretty good fit although the thighs/seat look a little bit loose at least from the back view. The waist will stretch a little bit and you should be able to button them after a few hours/wears; they won't stretch anywhere near as much as APCs though .

Nice duck sauce. I tried on a 28 today in the 008's but they were too big and ther didn't have any smaller. They were lovely. Only thing was this one pair didn't have the double chain stitch around the waist band. Only a double normal stitch. All the other pairs had chainstitch so I informed the retail assistant. They were a perfect fit so maybe go a 26 or 27?

hey DenimJunky, i see you are located in melbourne. Where did u try ur somets at??

I'm in canberra right now.

I wear a sz26 and they fit great, only a tad tight on the waist , but i hope they will stretch out. Now into a week of daily wear and hope they will turn out great.

Good luck with finding your size!

I tried them on at a Japanese Tshirt store in QV building that is in the CBD. Not sure what it was called. Loved them though. Just too big.

I look forward to seeing the progress of your Somets.

I might have to get some through BiG

yup i got mine from BiG too!

will be taking them to sydney tomorrow.