SOMET Denim

snugglepony

Anyone here have comparison measurements between the 008s and APC New Cure or Petit Standard?

I see some people say that your somet 008 size is the same as your APC NC size, but some say that is wrong and that the 008 needs to be sized down from your NC size. Any help? Specific measurements?

I'd love to get a pair of these, but I'm worried that I will get them too loose/tight and BiG seems to be the only place I can get my size... and their return policy doesn't seem all that friendly.

I wear a size 32 in New Cures and a size 31/32 in Petit Standards... suggestions on sizes in 008 Somets?

• 3 weeks later...

please correct me if im wrong ...

both are jap selvedge, most prob from diff mills though

apc: entry raw jeans (along with naked and famous, nudies), made in tunisia/macau, jap denim

somet: high middle end, made in japan, jap denim. e.g., totally frivoulous, but somet rivets are gold plated...

def not the same quality of jeans, not the same models, not the same construction

here's a sf post on apc provenance/manufactuing:

you'll find examples of faded apc and somet here, and on this forum

you can probably search the forum as well for more info

*edit*

" which was why i ask for specifics in why people would choose somet over apcs"

i mean, beyond the material, cut, brand? personal preference maybe?

please correct me if im wrong ...

both are jap selvedge, most prob from diff mills though

apc: entry raw jeans (along with naked and famous, nudies), made in tunisia/macau, jap denim

somet: high middle end, made in japan, jap denim. e.g., totally frivoulous, but somet rivets are gold plated...

def not the same quality of jeans, not the same models, not the same construction

here's a sf post on apc provenance/manufactuing:

you'll find examples of faded apc and somet here, and on this forum

you can probably search the forum as well for more info (which you should always do be4 posting the kind of question you posted...)

ahem. i have seen both links before you posted. i was aware that some apcs were made in macau. i have no clue where the new ones are made though. and i was asking for examples in which somet was worth the extra 100 bucks over apcs. i've gone thru the apc thread and this thread, which was why i ask for specifics in why people would choose somet over apcs. but hey, thanks for your 2 cents. or 1 for that matter.

is that a lobster belt? I don't get it...i eat lobster, don't want to wear one.

unless of course that is your profession, catching and selling lobster, in which case it is a symbol of who you are and i salute you for that!

but i will say that i dig the fit on those 003's very much from the front...but you've got issues with the ass on those man...do some squats and loosen those up a bit up there. or pull them down a bit...please.

That's a perfect fit on those. How did you size?

thanks. due to the low rise i'm wearing them low so i measured around the hip area which came out to 31 inches, which is a size 28. they were tight at first but after wearing them for a day they loosened up a bit. i did a luke warm soak to get rid of the starch.