SOMET Denim

snugglepony

I sized UP one on my pair of somet (straight leg low rise), and they fit relaxed but not baggy.

Here are some pictures I posted to the evo thread last night but forgot to do here. These have about a year of wear on them, and several washes:

4021380602_8de74f4cf7.jpg

4020620871_7d1c286ab4.jpg

4021380468_aac3cf6ff7.jpg

4020620755_6d38af17db.jpg

Those are beautiful, 003?

you're right, I am new to Somet....but you're wrong about your assumption I buy my jeans based on their speed of fading...that's a completely groundless statement. I'm simply interested in learning more about the brand. I enjoy knowing all I can about different denim, there's nothing wrong with that. And if I'm spending $300 a pair, it's even more justified.

and really...what would it matter if someone did buy their jeans based on that? You just wasted everyone's time who reads these two stupid posts. Just answer the question if you know, if you don't know keep your mouth shut...don't crap up the thread

^^ Why does it matter if someone buys jeans cuz they fade fast? If they buy the jeans just cuz they fade fast then that means they don't really like the cut and the jean. And they only buy it to get fast fades so they can get rep on SUFU. Which makes them a HYPEBEAST.

Explain that to me.

you're right, I am new to Somet....but you're wrong about your assumption I buy my jeans based on their speed of fading...that's a completely groundless statement. I'm simply interested in learning more about the brand. I enjoy knowing all I can about different denim, there's nothing wrong with that. And if I'm spending $300 a pair, it's even more justified.

and really...what would it matter if someone did buy their jeans based on that? You just wasted everyone's time who reads these two stupid posts. Just answer the question if you know, if you don't know keep your mouth shut...don't crap up the thread

They are tough as fuck and they fade slow.

^^ Why does it matter if someone buys jeans cuz they fade fast? If they buy the jeans just cuz they fade fast then that means they don't really like the cut and the jean. And they only buy it to get fast fades so they can get rep on SUFU. Which makes them a HYPEBEAST.

Explain that to me.

I see you're back.

I have to say... scotty2 is one of my favourite jokers on this whole forum... 3 reasons

1. Tries really hard to get +repped. And i mean it... He started a thread so ppl can repped him, instead got neg raped.

2. He starts the most random threads and threads that already exist believing that he had discovered something new...

3. Thinks everyone else on Sufu is a hypebest member. And tries to use it against them...

if you dont believe me.... read his post history....

lol well it depends on the rear rise aswell, i had a pair of doirs in 28 that hurt my balls and i have a pair of big x sams in 29 that are very close but have sam s0500xx in a 28 that are kool, so that was just an example that different rise's front and back yeild different results

• 2 weeks later...

Speaking of which i thought i would add some fit picks to spice up the thread and give some perspective

http://www.flickr.com/photos/44920056@N03/4157427613/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/44920056@N03/4157427789/

i have more pics on flickr, sorry about the weird creasing on my ass in some of them, don't know how that happened...

these jeans are soooo choice tho, denim is beautiful.

Im a bit confused about sizing. For reference I just absolutely love the way size 25 in my New Standards fit and was look for something similar to that. My brand new NSs have a 27 actual waist which at first I had to wear near my belly button before it stretched out enough to wear on my hip bone

Well anyways main problem is. that the sizing charts I have found are conflicting

Context has waist sizes 1 up from the tagged sizes so they are saying Somet 003's tagged 26 is a 27 inch waist but

Blue in Greens chart is saying that the waist size is 2 inches above tagged so they are saying the tagged 26's are really a 28 inch waist.

I was hoping for a 27 inch waist and since the rise is lower hopefully they would stretch out

Is the tagged 26 really a 27waist or 28 waist? Also what is the stretch factor like?

• 2 weeks later...

here are my sizings, hope that helps:

edwin ed47: 33

evisu lot 0001 (europe): 32

nudies average joe: 32

somet 003: 31

the evisu is a baggy, i wear the edwin relaxed while the aj and the somet are reg straight leg..

depending on the fit ur going for, id say size down 2 from ur normal sizing..

Well anyways main problem is. that the sizing charts I have found are conflicting

Context has waist sizes 1 up from the tagged sizes so they are saying Somet 003's tagged 26 is a 27 inch waist but

Blue in Greens chart is saying that the waist size is 2 inches above tagged so they are saying the tagged 26's are really a 28 inch waist.

I was hoping for a 27 inch waist and since the rise is lower hopefully they would stretch out

Is the tagged 26 really a 27waist or 28 waist? Also what is the stretch factor like?

I own both the 008 (slim fit with thigh darts) and the 003 (straight fit). For as far as I know the sizing info on BiG is correct. The 003 runs two sizes bigger than tagged, the 008 runs 3 sizes bigger than tagged.

So let's say you decide to go for a 003, tagged 27... The waistband measures 29. I don't think you should take your true waist on these jeans as the rise is pretty low and you need to wear them that way (e.g. 3 to 4 inches below your bellybutton is).

Hope this helps.