SOMET Denim

snugglepony

they will shrink on the lenght for sure. why did you get them for sure?

snuggle didn't have any, 1cm maybe shrinkage when he soaked his, and i'm expecting the same, either way, i don't ever really plan on throwing these and washing these that often anyhow, if i do a soak later on and it shrinks like snuggle's, i'll probably end up just dry cleaning them after that, but considering how many pairs i have i'm not too worried about it. it should be ok. they do measure exactly what i told snuggle to tell somet to hem them out to, but i think the rise of these makes the length a bit shorter than i expected. either way, i'm very happy with my purchase

they will shrink on the lenght for sure. why did you get them for sure?

snuggle didn't have any, 1cm maybe shrinkage when he soaked his, and i'm expecting the same, either way, i don't ever really plan on throwing these and washing these that often anyhow, if i do a soak later on and it shrinks like snuggle's, i'll probably end up just dry cleaning them after that, but considering how many pairs i have i'm not too worried about it. it should be ok. they do measure exactly what i told snuggle to tell somet to hem them out to, but i think the rise of these makes the length a bit shorter than i expected. either way, i'm very happy with my purchase

• 2 weeks later...

Here is an excerpt from the last e-mail I received from Mami Akasaka of Somet:

"The denim we always use in SOMET Jeans is not sanforized(as only guide), so

lengthwise the denim shrinks about 3% and broadwise shrinks less than 1%

after first wash. As you said, it will become softer and stretch again after

daily wearing, but just a little."

Perhaps we need to re-examine the effect that Sanforization has on shrinkage.

really good to know..didnt bother with a soak but was caught in a rainstorm today and now they're even more stiff

Hilarious.

I too was caught in a rainstorm in mine a few days ago, and man did they get stiff. I worried about shrinkage, but had none.

These jeans are absolutely my favorite.