SOMET Denim

snugglepony

INTEREST CHECK:

suppose i'm able to order directly from SOMÉT with my credit card for cost + shipping + 10%... who would be interested? this would work out to about a 25% savings over what i paid to order initially. i wouldn't be able to do returns, so you'd need to figure your own size out, and i'd like to get maybe 4 or 5 pairs ordered total...

it would probably work like so: you paypal me a deposit of actual cost +10% to fund the purchase, then follow up with actual shipping costs once i get everything from SOMÉT and i ship them to you.

if i get enough interest expressed here, i'll confirm w/ the SOMÉT folks that they're still willing to hook me up and we'll press on...

i would have to recind my no more denim rule

Will we get a toiletry bag?!

quite possibly(!?) my homegirl jamie is leaving at the end of the month, so i don't know if we'll still get presents, but we'll see...

updates on the wear?

they're being rotated along with the rest of my jeans, so they've only got about 3 weeks of total wear... plus, they're black denim, so i'm guessing they'll take a while to show anything major. don't worry, though -- i'm not going anywhere and neither are the SOMÉTs... you'll see more of them when it's worth the time.

price-wise, the basic straight jean is 21000jpy, the black is 23100, and the heavier model (14.5 instead of 13.8, i believe) is 24150. i'll email jamie tomorrow and find out what the deal is...

looks like everything's on track - i need to fax CC info to SOMET (first time w/ a fax to japan, so i want to make sure everything's secure &c...) and we should be good to go... i'll post an update as soon as we're dialed in...

cool...i'm probably going to sell some denim to get these..

from jamie at SOMET:

Regarding to the stock of each item, I've checked our stock already and

found that there are some sizes not available. Please refer to the following

data to check if the size you and your friends want still available now.

Basic Men's Straight Jeans(14.5oz)

(1) we have them in 26''-35''

(2) but 34'' is out of stock.

Basic Men's Straight Jeans(13.8oz)

(1)we usually have them in 26'' to 35''

(2)but now only 26'',27'', 33'', 34'', 35'' are still available.

(the sizes which are out of stock will be coming soon by the end of Aug.)

Basic Men's Straight Jeans (BLACK)

(1) we have all the sizes from 26'' to 35'' now.

Of course, some of them are very few, so if you and your friends want to

keep any of them, please feel easy to tell me.

Thanks in advance!

Best wishes,

SOMET

Jamie

so...anyone still interested in scoring a pair of SOMETs, PM me and let me know what size you want and i'll have jamie hold them for a bit until i collect $$ and place the order. btw, most of the jeans are hemmed at 90 or 92cm, but you can specifiy an inseam length and they'll hem them for free (w/ chainstitch).

I have a pair of men's black straight Somet in size 34, they are too big for me, I've already ordered a smaller pair, but I want to sell the size 34. They are brand new, I just tried them on once. I will accept PayPal, Total sales price including shipping to the US is US$240.

if you are interested you can email under [email protected]

black straights are 13oz.

indigo straights are 13.8oz.

indigo straights (from the powerpush section) are 14.5oz.

the cut is the same.

[btw - $240 is a little higher than you'll probably pay through me, but not too much. it's a fair price.]

ok, SOMET's got my CC on file, so we're ready to go...

who's in?

i've got size info from Akura...

who else?

digital_denim?

poly?

ddohnggo?

serge?

ddml?

minya?

Trimalchio?

LFC4ever?

again, an order will require SOMET's standard retail price + 10% + actual shipping...

lemme know via PM...

I'm really tempted but with BIG purchases and pending boot purchases, i'm way over my head in debt. But thanks for the hook up, i'm sure i'll regret this down the line since i don't have black denim.

ok, SOMET's got my CC on file, so we're ready to go...

who's in?

i've got size info from Akura...

who else?

digital_denim?

poly?

ddohnggo?

serge?

ddml?

minya?

Trimalchio?

LFC4ever?

again, an order will require SOMET's standard retail price + 10% + actual shipping...

lemme know via PM...

so i'm measuring myself sidebone for these and am kind of confused, when you ordered, did you just pick your size from the site or did you send measurements, my sidebone measurement is 33" but almost all my jeans are a 30" waist, even the studios 103's which hang low, how low do these hang? i'm thinking i should just get a 30 and let it be, let me know what you did and i'll probably follow suit.

30 it is then...i've been had and bought too big before, will buy regular size and see how it works out, worked for studios and seemed to work for you

fuck, size 30 measures 32" on their site...WHAT THE FUCK!!!!!!!

poly,

i sent my measurements to somet and they recommended a 31 which was perfect. i'm a 30 in APC NS, 32 in imperial, 32 in nudie, etc.

they're fairly low rise, so they will sit lower than your SDAs, but honestly, that size chart on the website is spot-on. measure a low-ish rise pair of jeans and compare and you'll be fine. alternately, the somet folks are awesome and will recommend a size for you based on measurements.

everyone who's PMed me about ordering: i'll contact you this weekend with my paypal and we'll hopefully get the order placed next week.

jeans won't disappoint...