SOMET Denim

snugglepony

Quote:

Did they shrink when you soaked them?

--- Original message by minya on Jun 4, 2006 08:04 PM

lost maybe 1cm in length (probs closer to 5mm) after an hour-long room temperature soak. nothing noticeable in the waist.

wearing them for the first time today... will post pics with them later this week when i've got some more time.

serge and ddml - i take it you guys weren't able to find them at barney's or ROLO SF?

LFC4ever has an indigo pair coming via xcoldricex (who's apparently able to get them somewhere), and after my experience w/ jamie su of somet, i can definitely recommend ordering directly from them also (despite the wire transfer hassle).

good luck in your procurement efforts!

great jeans and the fit is amazing. From the measurements on the website I see they are quite similar to Flathead 3001 which I am now breaking in. These Somets are no. 1 on my list for black jeans. Thanks for posting pics and good luck!

On the other hand, if they shrank only 1cm in lenght after 1-hour soak it means that they are sanforized and can be worn raw?

Alien vs Predator, Freddie vs Jason, Nudie vs A.P.C.

i was told that they weren't sanforized... but they didn't really shrink at all, so?

we'll see what happens when i eventually hand wash 'em.

in general, i feel like a short soak is a good insurance policy, regardless of whether your denim is supposedly sanforized or not. if there's no agitation, there's really no discernible change in the texture of the denim post-soak, and you're not losing anything but a little sizing and the length you'll lose after washing anyway...

Quote:

snugglepony

thanx pics !!!!!!!! i envy you.......

i do really want it !! white beautiful stitch,good designed top button,nice cut etc

that is Ellegant !

maybe i'll buy next

--- Original message by Ryu on Jun 10, 2006 09:09 AM

hi ryu - thank you!

i was hoping you would post in this thread... did you mention that you have a pair of indigo sométs that you found for $100? if so, please post pictures! icon_smile_tongue.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

INTEREST CHECK:

suppose i'm able to order directly from SOMÉT with my credit card for cost + shipping + 10%... who would be interested? this would work out to about a 25% savings over what i paid to order initially. i wouldn't be able to do returns, so you'd need to figure your own size out, and i'd like to get maybe 4 or 5 pairs ordered total...

it would probably work like so: you paypal me a deposit of actual cost +10% to fund the purchase, then follow up with actual shipping costs once i get everything from SOMÉT and i ship them to you.

if i get enough interest expressed here, i'll confirm w/ the SOMÉT folks that they're still willing to hook me up and we'll press on...