SOMET Denim

snugglepony

I was loving these the most and planning on getting these for my next pair. After comparing sizes with my other jeans I decided not to because of the small crotch area. The front rise is too small and they need to offer raw or o/w with mid or high rise

They do...

http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=4415&category_id=&manufacturer_id=36&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=28

Yeah I was checking those out too, but they are different cut in the legs than the slim cut. They are super high rise with very tapered legs, kinda parachute-pant'ish, and according to the sizing chart they dont have a waist smaller than 32"...

Just tried them on today. I was looking for a slim pair of jeans but not too skinny. I had the alternative of the 030 but I would say it is special, and I finally got out of the store with a 008 in my bag. It looked very baggy on the top (front and back) and the legs are slimmer than the 008. I thouht I would get tired of this "special" cut and Japanese denim is for long term so better stay a bit more classic.

was looking to pickup the somet 005 from japan, but sadly somet sold out of them in my size :(

anyone happens to know if there are any shops offering somet jeans in japan?

I tried looking on rakuten and in the selling points given by somet but they dont respond at all :(

i live in the netherlands so buying at big is pretty expensive and i will most probably get charged by customs next to that too

just curious how much are the somet slim 008 retailing for in japan. have a friend living there now so might ask her to help me out.

still deciding between the somet slim or dior jakes or umc wash...

^ i think you should go with somet slims.. not to bash anyone with diors but i dont think they really get nice fades,honey combs imo and for that amount of money you want to see something good

just curious how much are the somet slim 008 retailing for in japan. have a friend living there now so might ask her to help me out.

still deciding between the somet slim or dior jakes or umc wash...

It's about 21,000 yen. Wich is about $210, but keep in mind to you have to add up shipping and proxy costs to that.

anybody own both a pair of nudie slim kims and somet 008s to compare the fit? I've been looking for a new pair of jeans to start on and i love the fit of the slim kims. Ive noticed that the Somet 008s have a somewhat similar rise around 8 inches. Quit frankly, i like the low rise and never had any daily/major problems with the package area.

The one thing i'm worried about are crotch blowouts. i heard the denim is 13.5oz, hows it holding up?

Got around to taking some fit pictures of my 008s today. I had to take them indoors as it is pouring with rain, so the lighting is really shitty unfortunately. At the moment these are pretty damn tight, but I figure they should be fine once they stretch out. For reference they're size 26, and I'm 5'11" 137lbs.

somet008200805280022yr7.jpg

somet008200805280032at7.jpg

somet008200805280012wc3.jpg

Great fit Kes. Would rep if I could. How many sizes down did you go for those? Also, are those high or low top Chucks?

Thanks. :) My true waist size is 29, so I usually wear a 28 in jeans to account for stretching. I could just about squeeze into these when I first got them, but they're starting to feel more comfortable as they stretch. The chucks are low tops, by the way.

Excuse the shitty lighting and the bit of blur...may take more pics now that it is light out.

DSCN4607.jpg

DSCN4609.jpg

DSCN4608.jpg

Size Large...I wear a 31 in the slims...tried on a 30 while at BIG yesterday and goddamn they were tight in the seat/thigh area...couldn't even really get them on without a fight.

They are actually quite slim...I don't know if the pics really illustrate this...but I'm even kind of surprised/glad the back looks remotely saggy/roomy...cause I put them on and thought I was wearing some pretty young trousers.

Overall...pretty content and happy with my purchase.

THank you friend. Yeah I look forward to wearing them quite a bit over the next few months...they may go from a few dressy casual events to joining my jeans in straight beater status. Either way, they are cool as hell to me.

I want to trade my 27 003s (straight indigo) up for 28's, if anyones interested ( would take 008's as well). I wanted a leg opening in between the straight and slims and sized down to 27 but its just painfully tight on my hip and I don't think it will stretch out enough to my liking.

whoops i mispoke

i meant the 030's

i want the 030's in black

lowrise is lame.

Shit...after seeing that fit PV, I feel like keeping my 018's (which are currently up on the 'Market)...I was thinking of slimming down one size since there is some loose fabric around the back of my lower thighs (right above my knees). Not that I want skin tight by any means...I think they look pretty killer at this point.

Might get them tapered by 1/4"...working around those darts may be a little annoying for the denim guys...but they already said they can do it.