SExDBxSxS12 Contest Thread

DFreshLeish

When you say 'ride' your bike, do you mean that you gyrate on the seat without peddling? Because I cannot comprehend how you have that much arse-fade without similar combs and whiskers. No hate, just curious.
^his saddle might just be made of sand paper.

No, I essentially ride like everyone else, on a normal leather saddle, but when you think about the fact that there's constant contact there I think it makes sense. I have normal wear 'n' tear in other places consistent to what you'd expect from ~6 months wear. That area just sees more friction. Ride 35-45 minutes each way to work, then an an hour plus of going here and there. That's if I'm not just riding for fun which I sometimes will do for 1-3 hours (though now days I will generally change into something else for that, and for the ride to work when it's 115 degrees out.).

Anyway I'm sure everyone's about tired of reading about my stupid jeans by now.

I was wondering about the sizing on these. There is a pair I'd like to buy off of a friend. He has soaked them once with no wear, they are a sz 29 but the waist is 32" and the thigh is 11"? I am a true 32 so I am here asking why is his pair's measurements different than that of SE's chart. I'd love to buy a pair but the sizing is throwing me off.

Thanks.

8 months in. Bored at work, here's an abnormal (for me) shot of my jawnz inside, will get better/full/outdoor shots once this damn rain finally goes away. It's been raining for 4 days straight in Maryland. Bonus tanner wallet started the same day as the jeans.

74d972de.jpg

Edit: sorry pic is so big, don't have any resizing options from my phone, will resize later when I can.

I know the seat fades are too much for a lot of people, but at the end of the day, shouldn't my jeans reflect my lifestyle and how I use them?

I will edit this to include a fit pic or two when I have a bit of time, now that I've had them hemmed a bit and the fit is much better.

Don't have a problem with the fades, but those jeans must really ride low on you to have bicycle seat wear that high up on the seat of the jeans.

• 2 weeks later...

x-post from heavyweight comp:

Heres my input at just over 8 months. Pretty accurate color.

9162011_Front.jpg

9162011_Back.jpg

edit: not sure why the back picture is so much bigger than the front, both say 440x600 on the PB account....?

Plus a little extra fit:

1-1.jpg2-1.jpg3-1.jpg

ugh Photobucket is killing me on this resizing business...

• 3 weeks later...

This thread is really slacking lately!

I dont know if any of you have seen/read this thread lately:

Warp and Weft: A Snapshot of Raw Denim

Long story short, i'm making a denim film centered around (but not limited to) Superfuture enthusiasts. Theres a lot of really cool people involved (Beatle, Kiya, Roy, RingRing, JimmyC, many others) and it's shooting on the east coast towards the middle-end of January, and the west coast in the middle-end of February. Coincidentally, this is around the same time this contest ends. It'd be really cool if we could get some of the contestants and your contest pairs on film, and do an end-of-contest meet up! Im also trying to get some of the HDC participants to meet up also, I know several of you are in that comp too.

PM if you have any questions or interest in being in it! Let's make a party out of it.

Oh awesome, we we're wondering ha. East coast shoots (DC and NY) will be mid-to-late January, possibly early Feb. We're waiting on Kiya to get back to us once he know's the dates he'll be going to NY, we're trying to time our trip with his instead of making two. SF and LA will be mid-to-late February.

Glad to have you on board man!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I just wanted to add that 1st through 3rd place in this contest will receive a copy of the upcoming denim film "Warp and Weft: A Snapshop of Raw Denim in the United States". If you have already donated to the Kickstarter and will be receiving a DVD, you will also get a limited DoubleXX shirt. If you have already purchased a shirt, you will be upgraded to the super-secret "crew" shirt, which has a unique color scheme. Only 5 of these shirts will be made.

Sorry if i've been slacking on this contest, I have focused all my attention on this film. Hopefully this gives at least a little more incentive to participate more! If anyone wants to help out more with prizes or whatever in this contest, PM me!

Anyone want to meet up in NY, SF, or LA Jan/Feb? I'm trying to organize a half-way Heavyweight Denim Championship meetup also, I know a lot of you are in that contest too.

• 2 weeks later...

been super hard to update with travel, but here are my db's after 10 months. Wear probably 4 days a week over that time...wish I could go everyday...love the jeans. Initial soak, and one wash at 10 months. Anybody know why the left thigh has that run in the denim? I noticed it right away when I got them in the mail, but didn't mind enough to send em back....figured it was some character, but just curious what causes that?

2lu906.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
^^^^^ Perfect fit, they look awesome I wish you could get over here for the film, i'm trying to see those in person!

so want to help you out with the project. but yeah, living on the other part of the world.

goodluck with your project!