Double Volante

mizanation

due to popular demand, i have created this thread to show the available options for Kuniyoshi-san's Double Volante jeans. i will upload more options as they become available. to learn more about Kuniyoshi-san and Double Volante, please go here:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=149004

first, here are the available denim options.

he has four basic denim types available. he can special order other types of denim, but these are the four types that he always has in stock.

1) 15 oz., right hand twill, tight weave. this is his most popular denim. it has a tight weave that fades extremely well. the indigo is very dark.

DSCN4634.jpg

this pair has been worn for about 2 years.

DSCN4642.jpg

DSCN4647.jpg

DSCN4652.jpg

2) 14.75 oz., right hand twill, loose weave. this denim has a looser weave and is slightly "rougher" looking. it has more pronounced vertical falling lines once faded.

DSCN4643.jpg

this pair has been worn about a year and a half.

DSCN4650.jpg

DSCN4651.jpg

3) 14.75 oz., left hand twill, regular weave. this denim is kuniyoshi-san's choice for left hand twill denim. it fades very well with the characteristic left hand twill haziness. it is also very comfortable.

DSCN4637.jpg

this pair has been worn for 2 and a half years.

DSCN4641.jpg

DSCN4648.jpg

DSCN4649.jpg

4) 21 oz., right hand twill, tight weave. this is the heavyweight king of denim. it is extreme in every sense--the denim is heavy, the indigo is very dark and the weave is tight. still, it is not too stiff to allow for comfort.

DSCN4636.jpg

this pair has been worn for about 1 year.

DSCN4645.jpg

DSCN4646.jpg

DSCN4656.jpg

Great thread miz!

I love my pair 21oz. Just like you stated, the denim is very dark and rigid but yet soft and comfortable.

I´m eying the 15 oz and I might pick up a pair in spring...

Would rep and big kudos for this thread! It´s a brand that´s not known by every denimnerd out there yet but will be in the near future.

What´s good miz?

Good to see that this finally came up. I would rep you for the effort, Miz, although I must spread first.

Nice denims, and the evolution pics are a tasty extra.

hey aho,

the denim i used for my original pair is the tight weave, right hand twill.

button, rivet, zipper and leather patch pics on the way.

I was wondering the same thing. Awesome!

i think i know what youre trying to get at, however you probably phrased it wrong...

but to answer it straight up, yeah, there is no one size fits all

to answer it by assuming what i think you meant to say, he has templates for those cuts that he goes by and if you want it adjusted i'm sure he will do it for you