ande whall contest thread

aleopold

^digging the indigo wings a lot. Pocket shape looks good, not sure about the lack of a hidden rivet on the outside, but I'm not really all that opposed either. As for the patch ideas, I'm still kind of fond of that little kiwi bird in some form, but whatever gets decided upon is fine.

I'd say the denim choice is up to you Ande, I wasn't thinking I would like the whole "greencast" idea, but the washed swatches looked pretty nice. So, #1,2,3 are all fine with me. Oh and Ande, with those denim options would you be able to give us a price range?

edit: Ande must have so much freakin selvedge on his hands to make that back pocket sample with a selvedge line. :D

First off: back pockets look incredible. Soooo cool!

I'm liking either #2 or #3 for the denim only because I like high contrast fades and it looks like it would be easier to achieve with those.

For a year contest we need something that will fade relatively quickly.

Some cool ideas there Ande - like the homage idea and look forward to your updates!

All the denim samples look pretty interesting, so I'm happy to go with your pick / the general consensus (looks like #1 at this stage)

Am also liking the subtlety of the indigo wings.

The 1/2 hidden rivet,1/2 x-tack back pockets is a very cool idea, looks interesting - but I want to ask if the rivet may be better on the outer side of the back pockets? I only mention this as the 2 inner hidden rivets are always the first to break apart the stitching and chew through the denim as they are located in the area that comes in contact with the surface when I sit down? just raising the question if it would be better or worse? (as they may add to the 'evolution' if left where they are now?)

god i'm excited for this.

i love the idea of a wranglerxlevisxlee, and what you have made up looks awesome, but, i am a fan of picking either x-tacks or hidden rivets for the back pockets. to me, each brand should be given one specific detail (pocket shape levis, x-tack for wrangler, etc. *note these are not my suggestions, just examples), otherwise it seems like a lot going on, in my opinion. my vote would go to x-tacks for the back pockets.

second, i have no preference on the denim, though i want to say how sick i think the fourth swatch is.. hope you can get enough of that one day to make some pairs up.

i am so cotdamn excited. this is gonna be sick.

I vote for either 1 or 2. That dot dobby is pretty cool.

I also think we should either pick the x stitch on the back pocket or hidden rivets. Seems like there's too much going on for my taste. I think we should keep it simple. Throwing in random details just to set us apart may take away from the final product, I think.

It looks like it's going to be very hard for everyone to agree, but it also seems most everyone likes all the denim, just has a slight preference one way or the other. So no matter what gets chosen, I don't think any of us are going to be super bummed.

I sent PM's to 15 more people last night, hoping to fill out the full 30. I understand that a lot of you may be waiting to hear the final details, but I just want to get as many confirmed as possible. Hopefully by the start of next week we'll have the final list of 30 nailed down

I also think we should either pick the x stitch on the back pocket or hidden rivets. Seems like there's too much going on for my taste. I think we should keep it simple. Throwing in random details just to set us apart may take away from the final product, I think.

With all due respect, I understand what you're saying but don't agree. Its really not that wild to have a rivet plus X stitch. Its a subtle detail that Ande came up with, and I'm not sure if we should be voting on.

I think we should let the man design and ask for our input where he feels is needed.

If it needs to go to a vote, fine, otherwise I think we should sit back and LET THE BOY COOK. (Let the man create)

: )

I'm with what Ande has come up with details wise. As far as the denim goes, I have a soft spot for natural indigo, but that beige weft is really nice. It will look really good with the Orange stiching and the indigo wings. To add another $0.02 the 13 oz will be nice in the summer. It gets hot here in Canada, not as hot and humid as Portland (aleopold) but hot and trying to rock a sweet pair o jeans with ass sweat stains sucks.

Noodle/everybody else that hasn't picked their denim choice - Please let us know your pick.

I can start gathering votes, if we're going to go that route, to get a final tally in order to decide which denim we want to go with.

The other option is to default to Ande, and let him decide. In the meantime I will collect votes just in case we decide to go the democratic route.

and I'm hoping that we can all agree on letting Ande decide on the details, while offering input when he requests it.

this thing is about to get nuts.

Can't wait to get the denim specs hammered out!

1. Robotbox

2. Poly800rock

3. aleopold

4. Crovax - 3

5. Dawei94

6. Grooveholmes

7. Gold Soaked Afternoon - 2

8. TLCA - 2

9. Exit 40 MPH

10. Cents or Non Cents – 3

11. theotherchrislewis - 1

12. Dawei69 - 2

13. stresMaldo - 2

14. nietenhosen -

15. Dochunter* - 1 or 2

-------------------------

Here is 16-30, given ande is able to produce 30 pairs.

16. Sbreslin

17. Caid - 1

18. jigrushable*

19. Noodle36 -2

20. Blackmaged* -2

21. thesmokestack

22. Fobe46

23. D4nvu - 1

24. Jackboot

25. Jwsach* - 3

26. smittybat*

27. Kit99bar*

28. Festival* - 1

29. itschrisb* - 2

30. pgfpo - 1

the people that have two choices, if you could please narrow it down to one, and if we need to do a back up choice, that would be cool too

Also, some peoples posted that they liked certain ones, but didnt really give a definitive answer, so if I don't have your choice above, please let me know what you would like to see.

thanks!

Gold Soaked Afternoon - I completely agree with you. I'd love to just let Ande decide on the whole thing, but since he posted the different denim options I figured we will get a tally and let Ande have the final say-so.

I picked #2 but won't be mad if Ande(or the consensus) is something completely different.

I think all of the denim options offer interesting things.

#2, with the light beige weft thread and green overcast(normally I would opt for indigo) offers something completely different and outside the box then what I normally look for in denim. Thats why I picked #2

Im voting for 1 or 2 and I think all the details are awesome so far. Is there any word on the cut I was reading through the pages but kind of got lost and didn't remember seeing anything mention. Sorry if it was.

Fuck this, let Ande decide which denim provides the most unique attributes and the best value. Only he has handled the samples, his name goes on the jeans and is ultimately at stake, and like someone already said: I do not want a pair of jeans designed by you guys!

No offence but I will withhold my vote. This is not a democracy. This is not a AW x SuFu collab. If someone is not happy with the denim and drops out, that's OK - someone else will take their spot.

Ande, please just pick the best denim for the project and price accordingly.

stresMaldo, take a deep breath and relax.

Exit - like I've already said numerous times, I'm all for letting Ande decide on everything!

In case you missed it, he not only posted details that he said we would need to decide on, he also posted denim options. He didn't need to do any of this, and could have kept it a well guarded secret and just made the pairs. I would actually have rather him done this.

I was, from the beginning, advocating that he design the entire thing from the ground up, without our input.

But, as I've already stated, again, he has shared with us different options.

I prefaced the votes above, stating that I/we would welcome Ande just picking the denim/details and not let us influence him one way or another.

I'm simply taking the votes in case Ande wishes that we vote on the denim.

I'm very relaxed, but thanks for your concern. ; )

itschrisb - I believe Ande said the cut will be up to each one of us to decide on individually (sorry Exit)