ande whall contest thread

aleopold

Awesome!! lee-pro with LHT denim!!!

Yes, i agree the sizing issue... unsanforized is gonna be very very tricky esp with grifters or rakers... Sanforized denim is just as nice!!! and the way to go...

Hey guys. Was thinking over the last few days it would be cool to do a kind of lee-pro, Ande's world rodeo? Use the old school black/gold tabs waistband labels. Possibly a patch design with flying jeans being lasso'd or a nice simple text.

A couple things I'm not to sure about is unsanforized and full back pocket lining. On the slimmer cuts I think the rise gets a bit to short with unsanforized denim, plus the sizing issues. And with back pocket lining the pockets get kinda bulky.

theres not much difference between sanforized and unsanforized... the only noticable thing is the shrinkage and the more "marbled" look after you wash or soak the jeans, and thats only sometimes.

fading properties are the same, and one doesnt necessarily mean better quality either.

Oh yeah, the only reason i prefer unsan to san is for the leg twist, otherwise its not a deal breaker. also, i find fun in soaking the denim first more fun instead of just putting em on. (i guess im just wierd) hah

the best fades imo of my jeans are saforized (first ande whall and prps)

Was thinking over the last few days it would be cool to do a kind of lee-pro, Ande's world rodeo?

Guess I'm not quite the denim nerd I thought I was... I had to do a search to find out exactly what "lee-pro" means. From what I can tell, some "Lee pro" details include rounded back pocket stitching and black/gold tabs: sort of like this older pair of AWs.

Q5KJG.png

IMO these features paired with a unique denim, dark indigo pocket stitching and some of the other construction details discussed above would be a perfect contest pair.

Use the old school black/gold tabs waistband labels. Possibly a patch design with flying jeans being lasso'd or a nice simple text.

As above, sounds awesome.

A couple things I'm not to sure about is unsanforized and full back pocket lining. On the slimmer cuts I think the rise gets a bit to short with unsanforized denim, plus the sizing issues. And with back pocket lining the pockets get kinda bulky.

Personally I prefer sanforized (or Momo's partially sanforized) denim, but that's just me. And I don't carry my wallet in my back pocket so a lining is not a big deal for me.

apparently I was the only one pushing for non-sanforized denim!

: )

well, since Ande sees issues with non-san, and nobody else wants to join my caravan, it appears that sanforized will be what we're working with.

What? There were plenty of people on the unsanforized boat, myself included. That being said, if unsan posed too much of an issue for Ande, I'd totally understand if he went with a sanforized denim.

The one thing I'm really hoping for are some neat pocket bags... :)

Super-super-stoked on the Leepro idea. I think that's pretty brilliant, and a perfect example of why a lot of us wanted Ande to handle the details instead of design by committee.

I'm not crazy about the idea of unsanforized denim. Ande's cuts are all on-point as they are, and I don't feel like playing the shrinking/stretching guessing game that the Roy contest is going through.

I think lined back pockets are sexy, but I'm not hardcore about it.

Pleaseeee run with the Leepro idea, Ande!

Also, apologies for not solidifying the list of 30 yet, work has been crazy. I'll do it tonight.

Possibly a patch design with flying jeans being lasso'd

I love this idea for the patch.

Any takers? I could definitely take a stab at it.

I think the flying jeans logo Ande already has, with a lasso added, and some additional wording about the contest

Numbered.

yeeeup.

patchdesigns.jpg

Maybe add the lasso to this arrangement, or a slight variation of it.

I love how the pair on the right has evo! PERFECT.

Right on point with black denim, it's just too unpredictable, there is also too much hype with black overdyes these days, Although they age very differently and all, I still havent seen any killer fades yet....

i think black denim would be tricky. fading properties between all types of black denim vary even more so than indigo. I'm against overdye in all aspects. you'll wield no good results.

Hey guys. Was just messing around today with the backs, as a possible homage to the big three, a LevWrangLeePro? There could be more wranglish details on the front like indigo blue stitched fly j-stitch etc.

Edit, the patch was a mess up as I think the tab needs to more centered over the pocket.

lwl1.jpg

lwl2.jpg

Definitely dig the back. I was curious to see the more rounded Lee shape on the pockets, but this is a nice compromise.

It's between denim #2 and #3 for me. I'll have to ponder it a bit. Do any of them really stand out as something special to you Ande?

Hey guys. Was just messing around today with the backs, as a possible homage to the big three, a LevWrangLeePro? There could be more wranglish details on the front like indigo blue stitched fly j-stitch etc.

Edit, the patch was a mess up as I think the tab needs to more centered over the pocket.

lwl1.jpg

lwl2.jpg

I LOVE the way this looks, Ande!!

My vote goes to having the pockets, and wings exactly as they look in these photos!

In regards to the denim choice, I really love them all!! I do have a preference, and I know we are ALL going to want a different one thus making a unanimous decision nearly impossible. lol

with that, I'm thinking that Ande should pull the trigger on whichever he thinks would suit us best.

For the wrangler and lee details, I'd prefer that they be subtle. I like the back pocket compromise.

I also agree with this.

as stated, I love the back Levi-ish pockets.

The idea of a Levi/Lee/Wrangler melting of styles sounds awesome.

(with the Wrangler/Lee details being a tad bit more subtle ex. back pockets more Levi-esque)