ande whall contest thread

aleopold

Pic of the hair on hide patch. It has seen a lot of wear here as it is where I pinch when pulling up my pants.

5e0ec441.jpg

We are supposed to be getting some inclement weather here in the next day or two. I might hold off on another soak or wash as a overnight freeze is as good to get stink out as anything.

Took some in the sun pics.

Back pocket

26c9af20.jpg

Borrowed Grooves Burts Bees idea but used a mint tin. Love circular fades.

ae73015f.jpg

Whiskers definately look better in the sun than they do in regular light. In fact can barely see them under flourescent light.

c1b67867.jpg

Gents, I think we passed day 100 a day or 2 ago, will post a shot of the jeans shortly. Looks like some of you are getting more fades than where I'm at - and I've worn my pair every day since the contest started!!!

Last week I flew over to Sydney to watch the UFC live with some of my mates, I managed to wear the AW Comeback Specials every day - even in the crazy humidity! A few people were complaining that this card had no 'superstars' fighting but we were privilaged to see the 2 x semifinal rounds to determine who will be the (newly formed) Flyweight Champion - and they were the best fights on the night, well... late morning / early afternoon. Oh yeah, the tees should be finished and delivered by the end of this week so I'll hopefully start sending them out early next week!

1/ Crowd and stage setup for the question & answer session and weigh-ins.

2/ Close up of Cain Velasquez and Jon Anik during the Q&A's.

3/ Face off between Demetrious Johnson and Ian McCall. There was a bit of controversy when the scoring for this fight was incorrectly added up so these 2 will have to fight again. After seeing him live, Ian Mccall aka 'Uncle Creepy' is now one of my favorite fighters.

4/ Face off between Joseph Benavidez and Yashiro Urushitani.

5/ Kiwi - James Tahuna after winning his fight by TKO.

6/ The main event - Martin Kampmann winning with 1 minute left on the clock after being dominated for 14 minutes by Alves.

7/ Official Program on the lap of the contest jeans.

8/ The octagon in the center of the All Phones Arena.

awcontestufconfx2640.jpg

Edited by theotherchrislewis

nice beats, uke. spent the weekend visiting the fam in northern virginia/washington dc. accompanied by mom on sunday, went to visit the smithsonian, but unexpectedly came upon the st. patrick's day parade down constitution avenue. it was a hodgepodge of various interest groups, the first of which that caught my eye: the northern virginia corvette club.

IMG_2982.jpg

IMG_2984.jpg

IMG_3131.jpg

IMG_3008.jpg

IMG_2992.jpg

Was on the road Yesterday so skipped lunch and went to do a little site seeing.

This is Lundbreck Falls, took the photo from an observation deck that juts out about a meter so your standing basically over water. The Photo is of the first of a series of ledges...this being the most dramatic.

DSCN2805.jpg

Went over a drive up a logging road that had recently been plowed and thought this was a nice vantage point. Unfortunately I missed a break in the clouds and just missed Crowsnest Mountain. It is just barely peeking out above the tree line.

DSCN2795.jpg

Probably two days ago this little jaunt would not have been possible. Here is the Sube next to the plow wash.

DSCN2792.jpg

The logging road is around the back of Turtle Mountain. Here is the West Face of Turtle with the results of the Lost Creek Forest fire still very much visible. Before kids, my wife and I used to fly fish in this area (Castle special management region) every weekend. After the fire we were walking along a path to Lost Creek and you could literally see for miles through burned out tree trunks. Prior to the fire, a bear or cougar could tap you on the shoulder before you would even notice he was there. Now I have this little movie in my head of a bear twinkle toeing it back and forth between the trees sort of Warner Bros esque.

DSCN2794.jpg

Nice Groove. A friend just purchased a corvette....his wife didn't talk to him for a week, bummer.

Looking good Corp!

Excellent photos noodle, canada is beeeeautiful.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted · Hidden by UkeNo, March 24, 2012 - cant use dropbox picture links?!
Hidden by UkeNo, March 24, 2012 - cant use dropbox picture links?!

Four Months (approx) update.

Laundering: Cold Soak/ 1 Hot Wash+Tumble/ 1 Warm Soak

Took the Jeans to the Beach - Brighton Old Pier - Burnt Down and now Delapidated.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1erug05Na1r1e2pgo1_500.jpg

Hairy Old Pier

Overview

Main Fades:

Pockets and Whiskers:-

Full Rear

Honeycombs are coming along - some mild Train tracks too - too faint to capture in the brilliant sunlight. Also have a busted stitch on the left inside Bar-tac.

Hair on hide patch is rubbing down slightly at the bottom from my belt.

Side Profile:

Stretched out in the midday Sun

Ahh....

Next Stop: Toronto, Canada and Eastbound Road-trip for Nearly 6 Weeks!

Updates to Follow.

Take care Guys.

U.

Sorry for the lack of posts. Was on vacation for a week in Florida. I'll post some pics from that soon, but in the meantime here's my ~4 month update.

Initial soak, 2 washes. I think the color is pretty accurate. Indoors they still appear fairly dark, but look great in sunlight.

v7fCI.jpg

stZHa.jpg

PmfoU.jpg

J3Oxb.jpg

8fxp6.jpg

@robotbox... I love how your buttons are coming through on the fly! Repped! How does that happen and how much do I have to pay you to get that going on with my jeans??? :)

@robotbox... I love how your buttons are coming through on the fly! Repped! How does that happen and how much do I have to pay you to get that going on with my jeans??? :)

So let me get this right gregornz. You're offering to pay robotbox to apply some friction to the button fly area of your jeans.

Is that a niche service?

Edit: I like that button fly fade too. Check out pwing's great example in the Fullcount contest thread.

Edited by Maynard Friedman

Yeah, I like that a lot as well. I really don't know how it happens, but its happened on my two previous pairs of Ande's as well. Must me something about his construction and how they fit my body, because those button fades aren't nearly as pronounced on my Warehouse or LVC jeans.

So let me get this right gregornz. You're offering to pay robotbox to apply some friction to the button fly area of your jeans.

Is that a niche service?

Wait a minute... did I just get pwned? :)

I notice back on the last page (17) corporalclegg has it going on too... so now it's an all out bidding war for which of you two will rub me back and forth... :)

Wait a minute... did I just get pwned? :)

I notice back on the last page (17) corporalclegg has it going on too... so now it's an all out bidding war for which of you two will rub me back and forth... :)

NYC is expensive and I'm always lookin' for extra cash. Just sayin...

Groove is that Brisket or Smoked Meat in the photo? I haven't had good Brisket for I don't know how long!! Can get a good Smoked Meat Sandwich but no brisket. No really good BBQ here locally. A shame really, great beef but no good BBQ. Going to have to put that on the weekend BBQ menu when the weather evens out.