ande whall contest thread

aleopold

So as I posted earlier I received the denim from Ande. Thanks Again Mate!! I thought it would be interesting to some, annoying to many and probably sacrilege to actual talented seamsters and seamstresses to post my repairs as I attempt them. Thanks Robot and llvla for offers of dropping them off at SENY but since I have this great denim I might as well try.

So here goes: The pkg from The Man Ande

IphoneFeb102012001-1.jpg

The Hole

IphoneFeb102012006-1.jpg

In order to get a patch in I thought I would take out the two seams, place the patch in, sew it back up then...

IphoneFeb102012008-1.jpg

I have a pair of Sugar Cane x Self Edge from a few years ago that have this extra piece added to enhance the crotch seam.

IphoneFeb102012002-1.jpg

You don't notice it from the outside.

IphoneFeb102012004-1.jpg

I'm going to make mine double the size and use yellow stitching so it does show up. I also might remove the side seams on the patch so I can stick my belt through. Thanks to Ande I also have one of the new patches from the production models that I might sew on the other side. I saw this on a collab pair either in SE or BIG. I think it looked kind of kooky but will be really practical. Anyways, idle hands I guess.

Hey, sorry for the infrequent updates from your friend Festival, I've been very busy.

I went to Germany for a while, here's Aachen:

IMG_0103.jpg

Karl the great himself, though I guess they call him charlemagne here? Maybe

IMG_0101.jpg

IMG_0099.jpg

IMG_0098.jpg

This is the newly cleaned up and sparkling new Aachener Dom. It's really beautiful after they fixed it up (and before too, but a little sootier)

I'll get some pics of my pants up when I can, they're looking nice :-)

Edited by Festival

Sorry for the lack of Love over here Guys,

My Ande's have been helping me set up my own Company, filing Paperwork, Opening Business accounts, meeting with accountants organizing contracts and reading ALOT about income tax etc.

It has been AWESOME! :(

Anyway, its all worked out quite well which im pleased about - this way i will still be able to pay rent /eat /buy denim/ buy records/ photography equipment.- and also pay for travel in Canada. Woop :)

Phew.

Noodle...What going on up there? Seams being re felled?

Edited by UkeNo

So here are the photos of the final repair and mods. It is not great i admit that, but I tried my best.

First photo is showing the addition of the current Ande patch. I also removed the side stitching on the original so that i can slide my belt under.

853b7690-1.jpg

Here is the finished repair on the outside of the jean.

66f6edd2.jpg

And here is the interior repair. I had to add a patch to the frayed torn section, then added the reinforced patch as a means to negate further crotch tears.

88b57e0b.jpg

@ tocl: looking forward to seeing some progress pics when you get back from your latest excursion.

noodle: your repair is better than i could do, so props to you for nutting up and doin' it yourself. you have some time, so if things go awry with the current repair, you can always send it off to a pro. hopefully, it'll do the trick.

thursday evening: full steam brewery.

IMG_2482.jpg

thursday, 9pm: well, fellas. as you know, i am duke alum and fan. welcome to duke and cameron indoor stadium, the mecca of college basketball (#1 according to SI, anyway).

IMG_2485.jpg

k-ville: where undergrads camp out for days/weeks/months in advance for the greatest rivalry game against unc (march 3)

IMG_2504.jpg

IMG_2491.jpg

IMG_2516.jpg

IMG_2513.jpg

tip-off!

IMG_2518.jpg

it was loud and rockin'. the thing about cameron indoor stadium and the cameron crazies (particularly the student section) will cheer all game long. they will taunt and cheer in unison, and it's organic. there is NOTHING like it in american sports. they give out sheets pre-game to get people ready for the chants. anyway, we were getting waxed pretty bad for most of the game, and at one point we were down 20. but it never got quiet in there, and there was just an electricity about the place-- it sounds ridiculous, but we don't give up, ever, on our team. and they pulled through by overcoming the greatest deficit in cameron indoor stadium history for the victory! we led for the first time with 2:30 minutes remaining and held on. it was pandemonium.

my friend bryant and his wife were closer to the action. as an nc state fan and she (like the majority of state fans everywhere) thought they had this game in the bag. this shot was when duke was surging and clawing their way back in the game. needless to say she was pissed. by the last minute we looked down and she had left the building. i love it! drama!

hate.jpg

final score: 78-73, the good guys.

ande's are bona fide winners - i'm wearing these for every game i watch until we lose...

duke-1.jpg

Edited by grooveholmes

Me and my AW's saw this last sunday - in the street. Its quite typical of the things that go on here - i was on my way to get coffee.

This is in the North-Laines, a shopping area well know for its independant and quirky retailers, restaurants and locals. It's about 4 streets from my house.

http://youtu.be/rT3QLv_899U

Its quite entertaining - they definitely have rhythm and a special taste in attire ;)

Cheers

Edited by UkeNo

Cheers to those who have replied to me about the t-shirts, I'm still waiting on one person to confirm so will give them until the end of the week and then make a move to get them done, I will send out payment details once they are being made.

I spent my weekend at a 3-day arts & music festival called splore which is held at a regional park about 1 hour south of Auckland. I didn't know what to expect as I hadn't been before (I was given a ticket for a birthday gift) but had an absolute ball and will definitely go back next year! Apart from a 1 hour tropical downpour on friday night, the weather was amazing and it was fun to hang with friends & chill on the beach during the days then party throughout the nights. It was swimming trunks (called togs here) during the day and ande contest jeans at night - but unfortunately I didn't get a shot of them while away.

1/ A shot of the main stage during Erykah Badu's set.

2/ A close up of Erykah. As she sang her last song the heavens opened up and the rain pretty much wiped out the festival... I don't think anyone would have stayed to see soul ll soul who played after.

3/ The next morning everyone emerged from their wet tents to dry out in the sun and enjoy the cruisy tunes. The Coromandel Peninsula is visible in the background. I think bringing a yacht would be the best way to do the festival.

4/ DJ Qbert (in red) and beatboxer Reeps One up front. Personally I thought too much emphasis was on Reeps One and we didn't really get to see enough of Qberts skills.

5/ There were some fun things dotted around the park (like this swing) for the crown to play with/on.

6/ A Pohutukawa tree (aka NZ xmas tree) lit up at night.

7/ Shortee Blitz playing on the DJ stage - I really enjoyed his set and danced my arse off!

8/ Another shot to show the DJ stage, I think Sticky Buds was playing at this time but dubstep isn't really my thing so I went for a walk.

9/ Everyone chilling on the beach - I went for my 1st, 2nd and 3rd summer swims over the weekend.

splore2012.jpg

Awesome updates guys. Robot, I have seen some of that swampmonster stuff before, pretty damn cool. Good fix job noodle.

Bit of a sad day today, the one year anniversary of the quake. Rest in peace fellow Cantabrians.

^^ Holes but not really the fades to back them up... Did you make them on purpose? What's the deal with the selvedge line at the knee? Me senses a new trend starting, LOL :) Looking good!

Edited by gregornz

Fantastic updates guys. I've been laid up recently so was taking some time off. Had to take the Andes into a seamstress as my repair blew apart. Tried to be too neat and tidy and went to pick up my daughter and pulled the seam out. So get them back tomorrow. Will post pics once I get them. Did not take any pics so can't show te before...too gruesome.

Glad you got that patched up, noodle. What's going on with that exposed "white" area in the latter photo?

it is the left over fray. The denim tore or seperated from the seam. The seamstress left the original back up patch I put in for the other tear and used it as support. I told her to just leave the frayed section in because I didn't want her to take apart the seam again. I wasn't positive it could be resewn if it was taken apart again.

Hey Guys - see the updates are going well - from the few of us (;)).

Noodle - i washed mine after about 3 or 4 weeks - got soaked in the rain and they smelled - i went for a 30°c gentle cycle with organic soap flakes, then a hot tumble dry at the laundrette. They were absolutely fine - i did get a bit of shrinkage, in the waist and seat. I'm sure this was from the tumble. The colour held up very well and they stretched back out in a day or two of wear.

Might help tighten up the stitching on your patch!?

Cheers

Went to see Craig Finn from The Hold Steady on Wednesday. It was a great show. Just realized I've now seen two different solo projects from Hold Steady members, but I've never seen The Hold Steady live. I need to correct that soon

tumblr_m06n7m6Okz1qzs0cio1_500.png

On Thursday I woke up at 3AM and chased a snowstorm up to Mount Snow, Vermont. Best day of riding I have ever experienced. There was 12" of fresh untouched snow when the mountain opened, and another 5" or so fell throughout the day. I got to ride in the trees for the first time which was so much fun. Hopefully next season will provide more opportunities to go play in the Vermont powder.

tumblr_m085shhCu21qzs0cio1_500.png

I need to take an evo pic soon. My lap fades are coming along nicely