ande whall contest thread

aleopold

Nice one Chris!

Yeah there 'aint much going on here groove. It's amazing the central city is still cordoned off after 11 months. My new place is a couple blocks from town, the end of the street is fenced off. I go for walks around the cordon a couple times a week, fairly depressing.

Robot. Hope you get some freshies in Vermont and get some tree runs. There is something special about going up the mountain, must be all the freezing air to the brain :)

Somewhat unrelated, but interesting nonetheless. Lonely Planet has a free downloadable guide for Christchurch post-earthquake.

http://www.lonelypla...-articles/76985

Dinner tonight: Nanatacos. Sorry I didn't take more pics, but it's become one of my favorite, reasonably priced, local produce supporting, tasty Mexican joints, so I'm sure I'll take some more food shots for my fellow foodies.

IMG_1792.jpg

IMG_1795.jpg

Jack n' Coke n' Caribous

IMG_1799.jpg

aw-1.jpg

Recently found some photos from the holiday that were thought lost. Will post 'em later this week once I get a chance to filter through 'em. Cheers

Edited by grooveholmes

Looks like that's the way this is going to turn out. Alot of enthusiasm from a select few...oh well!! I guess we say fuck it and just enjoy it anyway. It would be nice to have posts from a number of contestants, so this thread is constantly being updated, but the submissions from everyone so far have been great.

Looks like that's the way this is going to turn out. Alot of enthusiasm from a select few...oh well!! I guess we say fuck it and just enjoy it anyway. It would be nice to have posts from a number of contestants, so this thread is constantly being updated, but the submissions from everyone so far have been great.

Yeah, I agree we just need to make the best of the situation. When I first started organizing the original contest, I struggled with selecting contestants. I didn't want to be exclusive and only give spots to "big name" posters, especially since I'm not exactly a prolific sufu user myself. But at the same time, I was concerned about giving a spot to someone with 5 posts to their name and then they never post updates.

I'm glad we ended up being all inclusive, as that's what this community should be about, but it certainly is a bummer that others aren't following through with the updates.

Hopefully they won't submit final pics at the end either, and we will have better chances of winning!

LOL, I love the way this thread has morphed into what-are-you-eating/what's-the-weather-like? + rep EVERYBODY! :)

Drove up to visit the rents in northern VA this weekend. But first, I decided to swing by the raleigh denim workshop. apparently, i had just missed kiya and roy earlier in the week. woulda been awesome to meet 'em, but que sera, sera. hung out for a little bit with one of the coolest dudes i know-- john webb, prospector + peddler of fine goods (he runs the curatory). he's been wearing a pair of raleigh keats, which are turning out fantastic, btw. they were also running a ridiculous 50% off sale-- i picked up a farm tactics indigo cardigan...

IMG_1878.jpg

mr. webb hemming a pair of dubbleworks for yours truly.

IMG_1880.jpg

the sun set quickly and soon i was surrounded by darkness on the road. passing through richmond...

IMG_1885.jpg

continuing the "food" trend. i arrived at my parents late, but they had a bowl of zha jiang mian and some dumplings on the side.

IMG_1889.jpg

IMG_1890.jpg

over the weekend, visited my sis and met up with this little joker. he went nuckin' futz on the keys.

IMG_2004.jpg

welcoming other guests in his lee jeans and a shoe-horn/sword.

IMG_2007.jpg

ande, me and my moms.

IMG_2013.jpg

Phil, if I recall, there were some sizing concerns. How are these working out for you?

hello there :)

sorry for my bad english

yes i have a problem about the sizing, but i use a belt to solve the waist problem, and do the heming for the inseam problem, and the rest.. just enjoy the jeans :)

Edited by PhilipOng

Groove - as usual great posts. Envy does not begin to describe how I'm feeling when you post pics of a visit to the Raleigh workshop and curatory. Have they started a second run of the indigo duck pants? I so wanted a pair of those but they only made a few 38's. Did Mr. Webb say anything about the 66's? I thought for sure when Roy released his recent unsanforized special cone denim model the 66's were soon to follow.

Phil - great pics man.

In closing, has anyone noticed certain areas of their jeans are fading faster? My back pockets are developing really quickly but the back of the knee combs and crotch whiskers are coming slowly ( probably more normally). I have also noticed more fading on the top of my thighs than on other pairs. I'll be soaking them again this weekend so will post further evo pics. Then it's probably off for a repair.

Hey noodle-- I really didnt ask about any upcoming denim projects for the rd workshop. Next time i visit I'll be sure to ask. It's really hard to figure out what they've got coming down the line because they seem to gather a little more momentum every season, which presents more opportunities and--for better or worse-- diversions. At onetime there were plans for a contest pair but that never came to fruition. they're in the midst of opening a shop outside of nc, and victor showed me a few pieces of their mens and womens line of clothing. I digress.

If only had the scratch to visit Christchurch-- that would be sick.

Fading... The jeans as a whole are starting to hit that sweet spot. I expect more fading in the next few weeks. I don't get to sit around a lot in these, so maybe that's why my back pockets aren't fading as quickly? When the weather warms up I'll be biking to work more, so things should pick up nicely. 'til then, I wear these for a few hours after work every day and on most weekends. Sometimes I have to mix in my denime and tender jeans just cuz. But I've got some special things planned for my caribous this month and march...

Some Pre-1st Wash Pictures..

l1100477.jpg

l1100478.jpg

As Noodle said...Pockets have the most fades by far. They already look like some of my +1yr Denim.

Pre wash & stinking Badly. The crotch has turned electric blue already after the rain soak.

l1100483.jpg

Up close:

l1100486.jpg

Back:

l1100488.jpg

Side:

l1100498.jpg

Then washed and tumble, as per my previous post.

And Some Post wash - just to demonstrate how little the cold wash affected the colour.

l1100551.jpg

l1100555.jpg

On a Even more interesting Note:

I'll be taking my AW's to Canada for 5 weeks from the End of march to start of May, which im really excited about.

Heading to the East side to stop through Toronto, Montreal, Calgary, Ottowa, PEI and many more.

My Girlfriend is (technically) a Canadian - Born and raised there until aged 2, so we're going to use her newly acquired Canadian Citizenship as an excuse for a road trip.

Im hoping to Buy a GoPro HD Hero2 camera and Record a fair bit of it, as im sure it will be quite something to see.

So first trip abroad for my Andes.

Took them to Devon last week which was fun, but forgot my Camera! The Weather was total-Crap all weekend anyway so nothing missed really!

I also sent an email to Chris(is that right?) about a t-shirt order as im game to get a couple. Think the design looks cool.

Will need tips on where to visit for culture, where to visit for food, and where to visit for Denim etc.

Cheers Guys

Looking good Ukeno!

Saw this on the news last night. James Cameron is moving to NZ to make movies and run a farm?! Crazy. I think Pete Jackson has a farm not far away.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/film/6351612/Hollywood-mogul-pays-20m-for-NZ-properties

Ukeno, I think he is already a NZ citizen. Groove, ha...probably. always cracking up when I see those jeans, I think "honey I blew up my jeans", the details are all big.