ande whall contest thread

aleopold

Completely missed this post Noodle, big Duke is awesome! I had this friend in primary school that was from Calgary. I had tea at his house once, the first time I had tried chili, the whole family were laughing at me sweating it out. His prized possession was a Calgary flames puck he scored from a game.

The big Duke doesn't know what to do, shed or grow more fur. d5d5fe20.jpg

Ande - I've had Duke since he was a year old. Never trained him, he has just figured out what I do and don't like him to do. Even now in this weather you will find him laying on that bed there watching the neighborhood. I have an insulated dog house in the garage with a heater etc and he still prefers to lay outside no matter what the temp is. He is even a good Fly fishing dog. He will instinctively lay down on my left side (right hand cast) or sit out of cast range. He won't go in the river or stream unless I do first and when he is in the water he moves really slowly. Even when I land a fish he won't come over unless I call him.

Sounds like your friend was a true Flames Fan. I had a buddy in Jr.High who's father was a die hard Flames fan. He taped on VHS every single game of the 1988 Stanley Cup. Had them in a special area in the TV stand and everything. He would watch those games in the off season. My buddy decided to tape an earlier Canadian Version of MTV called Video Hits because Haywire and Honeymoon Suite were playing. He taped over the last period of the Final Game!!! I was over there I think, playing Lode Runner or something and thought I was about to see a Child abuse incident. I'm not big into hockey anymore. I had a few friends in High School that played in the AHL or "AAA" for Detroits farm team and I believe Carolina. Anyways, some of the stories they would tell about how they were treated sort of turned me off of Hockey. I was always a Baseball, Basketball and Football player anyways (sort of antithetical of a Canadian).

I went to the Auckland Town Hall (1911) on the weekend to see the Fleet Foxes in concert. I must say that although they aren't my 'favorite band' in the world, they were fantastic live and have def creeped up the rankings. The combination of their amazing harmonies and the next-to-perfect acoustics of our Town Hall really made the experience something to remember. Even though I was sitting in the stalls in the very back row with my head resting against the back wall (where the sound is at it's best), it still felt like I was close enough to see their 'hillbilly' beards. Unfortunately my camera ran out of battery about 5 mins into the concert so it's only a quick update.

1/ The Auckland Town Hall at night.

2/ AW's on the couch in the foyer.

3/ Fleet Foxes performing on stage.

awcontestffoxes.jpg

Edited by theotherchrislewis

Man do I love me some Fleet Foxes. Helplessness Blues was probably my favorite record of 2011. I'm glad you got to see then live. I saw them this summer and it was fantastic.

I went to DC this weekend to visit my sister and do a bit of sightseeing.

Saw this creepy horse near her place.

iHrSz.jpg

my lady scoping out the view from the mall

GWoSD.jpg

me conducting what looks like very important business

ENWB5.jpg

No shame in the tourist shot

5Pj96.jpg

We went to see Warhol's shadow series. This exhibition was the first time the complete collection had been displayed together. No photography was allowed so I had to be sneaky...

HNhf6.jpg

There were also some Dan Flavin works on exhibit

W5j3s.jpg

more coming...

Edited by robotbox

next up was the air and space museum. I took loads of pics in here as this stuff is very fascinating to me, but I won't bore you with all of those. Here's a highlight though: On the left is spaceship one (the first private spacecraft) and on the right is the Bell x-1 that Chuck Yeager flew to break the sound barrier.

7izFm.jpg

planetarium

bDHgE.jpg

walking back along the mall at sunset

cfgv1.jpg

5kOux.jpg

looks like I'm taking a shit in mid air

ir9H5.jpg

next day we went to the National Gallery. I was really feeling the Italian stuff, which is normally not my thing.

CwujC.jpg

went to an amazing restaurant in Arlington, VA called Lyon Hall. This place is right up my alley with a kick ass beer list and very tasty food. I had olives to start

NO53W.jpg

Me, my sister, and my brother-in-law in Georgetown

bJGHO.jpg

the view from my sister's office

inVG2.jpg

It was a nice way to enjoy the long MLK weekend. I should be going snowboarding again this weekend, so hopefully that will provide for a good update. I think I'm going to hold off on a wash for another month or so.

Great updates People...Really going well in 2012 so far. Nice Work.

So...

My AW's have been for a full wash - This is earlier than i planned but they Stank! They had been soaked through in rainstorms twice and i couldn't shift the smell.

I had read an artictle on Rawr.com about baking them to release the Sulphur smell.

See Here:http://www.rawrdenim...oven-treatment/

I baked mine for 20 mins wrapped in baking foil, they came out after 20mins@200Deg/Celsius and were steaming (not smoking) even thought they were bone dry when they went in! Odd?!? The Odur was significantly reduced. This only lasted a day at best so i opted for a 30 degree cold wash with reduced spin using organic soap flakes.

I then took them to the Launderette and threw them in an industrial dryer for 30 minutes on a hot cycle.

img_0002.jpg

They came out slightly damp and i dried them at home on the radiator overnight.

img_0005.jpg

They lost approximately 0% of their Indigo/Colour. None, not a Bit! If anything they are slightly darker.

The fit is now Perfect, the hot tumble has reduced the seat and thigh, or tightened them up and they now fit brilliantly.

I have Pre-wash pics and will take Post + Fit tomorrow.

Cheers

Edited by UkeNo

looking forward to those pics, ukeno. ditto on the pics-- it's really cool to see what everyone's been up to. robot, my rents live in northern va, so every chance I get I head to the smithsonian-- so many great things to check out for free, which is the best part. sorry i don't have any pics to post fellas, but hopefully i'll be able to post some pics around sunday. later for you

Uke; robotbox - great updates guys!

Was on the road Wed, Thur so was able to wear the AW's to work.

Since the soak, they have stretched out again. I'm thinking I may just need to wear them a little lower than usual. Worried a little about the crotch seam. Anyways just a short little post to get the thread up to the top of the list.

Earlier in the week, I get this random fax.

fax.jpg

She's Russian and bold, to say the least. She got our fax from our business cards. Turns out she had two tix to see the Rembrandt in America exhibit at the NC Museum of Art.

IMG_1665.jpg

IMG_1675.jpg

It's been a wildly successful and extremely interesting exhibit. It was amusing to read some of the placards because the museum clearly did not favor the assessment of the Rembrandt Research Project, which has questioned and rejected the authenticity of several of the museum's pieces. "We find this assessment is unfair" or "Critics disagree with this conclusion" seemed to be at the end of a lot of synopses. These pics were the best I could do with security well-placed throughout. They're a million times better in person anyway-- the pieces really give the effect of dimensionality in the right light and angle. Wonderful.

IMG_1666.jpg

IMG_1670.jpg

IMG_1667.jpg

IMG_1668.jpg

IMG_1671.jpg

All in all, the jeans had a pretty good time...

Edited by grooveholmes

went snowboarding again this weekend. NY got a little winter storm, so I chased the snow hoping for good conditions. The drive up was a little sketchy. We left at 5:30am, so it was pitch dark and blowing snow and roads hadn't been plowed yet. Felt much better once the sun came up

k4OfS.jpg

The mountain had about 5" of fresh snow, so conditions were fantastic in the morning. Unfortunately, everyone's been dying for natural snow, so the slopes were very crowded and the powder got tracked out fast. By the end of the day it was pretty icy again.

Uq45B.jpg

I look a bit silly all bundled up, but it was cold! my facemask was frozen solid by the end of the day

yTe4p.jpg

Though it would be much simpler to just wear my fleece mid-layer pants up to the mountain, I made sure to wear the Ande's

at50U.jpg

Hopefully Vermont will see some good snow soon and I can make a trip up there

Here's a conversation starter. Do you patch on the inside of the jean or on the outside? I was perusing the conexroy thread and almost nice patched up holes in the knee on the outside. I've seen the inside patch as well in some threads along with the SE repairs ( almost like darning wool socks). Anyways putting it out there.

I'm also wondering how the t'shirts are doing.

@noodle - when I've had them repaired, it's always been a patch on the inside. However, I got sick of waiting for repairs at Self Edge, so when I taught myself how to sew a patch I did it on the outside. I patched up the knees of my last pair of Ande's on the outside and I rather like the look of it

@ande - I'm with you on the tree runs. I've never done it, but always wanted to. This mountain I've been going to has one tree run (we call them glades) but it wasn't open. Hopefully if I am able to chase a snow storm up to Vermont I will be able to get in some good turns through the trees. Every time I watch a video of the snowy northwest and their trees I get extremely jealous

Gents, some good news..... we now have a competition t-shirt design ready!!!

Below is the actual design and underneath, a quick visual of how it will be printed onto the tees. We plan to use AS Cotton t-shirts on their AA1301 model, so if you are interested PM me with your Size, City Location (for postage costs) & Quantity. http://www.ascolour.co.nz/

I havent costed up anything yet (as it will depend on numbers and individual locations for postage amounts) but I'll do them at cost and will contact those who PM me with all details once I get a rough idea of numbers.

Sweet!

awcomebackspecialdesign.jpg

awcomebackspecialtshirt.jpg