ande whall contest thread

aleopold

Hey guys, how is everyone getting along with their style/sizing thinking? Was thinking we could get some other judges when the time comes, Sufuer's that are not connected with the contest? Also I think the winner could choose between a Jackknife Jacket or a pair of DLX version jeans?

The leather man just received the actual hide he will use to brand the patches, here's a photo. Much thanks to Justin! What a good dude.

contesthide.jpg

I think the winner could choose between a Jackknife Jacket or a pair of DLX version jeans?

Thanks extremely generous Ande! Thanks!

Not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but what about the possibility of the Roughneck jacket? Actually, I'd really just like to know about the Roughneck in general.

PS - When I get home tonight I'm going to update the list again and see what info we still need. People can start sending me their cut and sizing info as well.

I like the idea of a jackknife for the winner. I also agree that Ande is doing enough by just doing the contest and don't think he should be forking over the gift. Maybe $5.00 or $8.00 extra bucks as suggested is a good idea. But...I also agree with Poly. Just being in the contest and having a kick ass pair of jeans to shit kick is reward enough. Whatever is agreed upon I'm down with. I also like the timeframe proposed by Aleopold. Except when the oceans are swallowing up coasts and earthquakes are swallowing up towns Ill be still living here in Alberta, Canada as the only dude left in the contest!! Ha ha ha ha

Since Ande offered either the Jack Knife or deluxe model denim, I say we definitely run with it.

It really is a great prize, and since Ande came up with it, no need to question it. Lol

Of course we're all winners for being able to be able to participate in the first place.

I'm not gonna lie though, I got my eye on that Jack Knife jacket! Bout to go INNN. :)

bad news.... about an hour ago another big 6.3 earthquake has hit Christchurch, apparently there have been some casualties this time and the Cathedral tower has collapsed! And many aftershocks have hit them too!

Hope you're ok and everything is sweet in your hood Ande!

(FYI - may have to delay the comp if his workshop has been damaged)

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/image.cfm?c_id=1&gal_cid=1&gallery_id=116912#7379082

hay guys i've been reading this thead as i am also a kiwi. just want to step in and let you guys know. the situation is pretty bad and large after shocks are still happening. there is no water, power and phone connection to over 80% of the city so dont be surprise if ande doesnt post for a while.

Hi guys. Thanks so much for the e-mails of concern, it's very kind of you guys. A heavy heart this morning, yesterdays Earthquake was devastating, lives lost and people still trapped in rubble in the CBD. I was very lucky as the workshop has been badly damaged as it's in the center of the CBD. I was at work in the morning, then went to take the car to the garage for repairs, and just about to set off from my home gaff just outside the CBD when it struck. The house didn't hold up so well, half the red brick fire wall came down, bricks through the windows...I was pinned in the small kitchen fearing the stairs were to collapse. Had to evac as the house is unlivable.

I have had reports the workshop is badly damaged and won't be able to get in to assess the damage as the Army and Police has shut down the CBD. They are still pulling out survivors thank god. I hope I can salvage the selvedge denim! And machines, patterns etc. The contest denim came in last week, was just taking photos to show you guys....hope it's ok!? I have closed the store and the contest will have to be postponed until further notice, really sorry guys.

Thanks guys. Bests Ande

No need to apologize sir! I think we are all just relieved to know you are ok

I've had a few people message me about throwing in a little extra money for the jeans to support the relief effort. While this a great idea, I would highly recommend that people just go ahead and donate on their own. They need assistance sooner rather than later!

Given the widespread damage this earthquake has caused, and the fact that the selvedge denim has to actually be salvaged as Ande put it, maybe we could make this into a somewhat commemorative contest when it gets underway. Possibly as some mentioned, upping the price to help get Ande's workshop repaired, or everyone trying to donate to some sort of relief charity. And probably not possible with the hair on hide patch, but I was thinking a patch design maybe with the cathedral that collapsed and some sort of message about the lives lost. Maybe thats insincere since none of us probably live in new zealand, but its just an idea.

• 3 weeks later...
... not to make light of some really serious situations ...

but what's with all the natural disasters disrupting the supply chain of our contest denim!?

I was wondering if the horrible events in Japan effected anything denim-wise. What contest was disrupted?

It's unreal the damage these earthquakes have caused. Let's pray they are over.