ande whall contest thread

aleopold

Woah, I used to be #30, but now I"m #16. Did that many people drop out?

March 1st can't get here fast enough!

I think you were #30 on the "potential" list, but you committed before other people, therefore moved up on the "confirmed" list.

Or I don't know what the fuck I am doing. Who knows

hey,

great updates here so far.

timetable looking good, contest will start thereabout at first of april?

my grifters, witch i got early 2010, are very comfortable.

i will go with 32/34 once again (if ande make a 35 inseam i'll be lucky), but im going to change to the cougar cut.

curious about the final design of the jeans.

It may be jumping the gun...but what rules are we going to have? I know from other contests everyone starts wearing at a certain time. Or soaks on the same day, or the year starts by proof (newspaper). Obviously with the sanforized soaking isn't necessary, but those who like to soak can? Maybe premature but gives everybody something to talk about while we are waiting for our jeans.

To keep the thread going (and make sure people don't just want to get a 'limited pair' of AW's) I'm all for monthly updates minimum. How hard could it be to post some pics 12 times over the course of a year?

At this stage I'm leaning towards a 32/34 Miner cut (It is sizing down by 1 but I already own Slackers & Cougars with the same measurements and they seem to be working out fine).

Only other thing I would want to mention is the judging aspect & prizes? I don't feel strongly about either but think it is worth putting out there....

I can't say I'm too bothered about prizes, and I guess I just assumed Ande would be judging?

I think I'm going for a pair of cougars. The only jeans I currently own from Ande are slackers, and I think the cougars will be just different enough.

A small prize would be cool, but I wouldn't want to put Ande out too much (it's not like he came to us with this contest idea, we kind of blindsided him). Maybe like an Ande custom-made wallet or something?

I'm sure long term he will be making enough off the publicity from this contest to justify the time it took to do the custom jeans and deal with our patch drama. Once everyone starts seeing Ande's quality stuff and sweet fades then he will be even more popular.

Once a month updates aren't that hard; I was planning to do at least that. I want to have 12 shots from the day I started wearing them to the day the contest finished that show a real evolution. Even without the contest I'd love to have this progression to show my friends (who think I'm crazy for loving raw denim).

I was thinking we could all put an extra $5-$8 in, on top of the purchase price of the denim. Then, with that extra money, we can see if Ande is willing to make a 1/1 pair for the winner, with whatever bells and whistles the winner/Ande can come up with. that extra money would be to purchase the winners pair.

Or if we don't want to do a pair of denim for the winner, maybe the pooled money could go towards something else. a shiny new belt, or whatever else we can come up with.

just a thought...

I was thinking we could all put an extra $5-$8 in, on top of the purchase price of the denim. Then, with that extra money, we can see if Ande is willing to make a 1/1 pair for the winner, with whatever bells and whistles the winner/Ande can come up with. that extra money would be to purchase the winners pair.

Or if we don't want to do a pair of denim for the winner, maybe the pooled money could go towards something else. a shiny new belt, or whatever else we can come up with.

just a thought...

i think we should wear for wear, not prize.

are you guys serious?! blue lasso is just a tone on tone stitching on the hems... you can get it in any colour (by default, most jeans have lime or orange lasso)., and you can eve change the colour if u go to the taylor...

rope line hems is a completely different thing thoo...