ande whall contest thread

aleopold

Cheers for the replies to the t-shirts, I've got most of the regular contributors down for one!

I am still looking into the production so will contact you guys next week sometime.

Pretty sure we're up to day #65 ........only 300 more to go!!!

Monday was a public holiday here, so I went to a local music festival called Laneway. The day was amazingly hot and there were a few sun-battered fans in the crowd, but i persevered with the contest jeans and gave them a good run!

1/ Austra - are playing on the right hand stage here but this is more of a general shot of the whole main stage area - kinda had a big carpark feel which did't feel as confortable as last years' location.

2/ Cults - played a good solid rock set but it seemed like they kinda held back - maybe from playing too early on in the day and not have a drunk enough audience to get them going.

3/ Washed Out - I dIdn't really pay too much attention to these guys - I think about this time we were on a shade and beer mission so i grabbed a quick photo - most of the earlier bands were good but not memorable (not like last year's lineup)

4/ SBTRKT - my pick of the day - these guys were on the smaller 2nd stage. great location with superyachts either side of the stage, great timing with the sun easing up and providing a beautiful sunset and they seemed pretty chuffed to be playing here so put on a great show!

5/ M83 - probably the main act of the night - fun and lively but not really my style of music

6/ And finally, a shot of the Andes in the crowd.

laneway2012.jpg

edit - whoops, 'repped' myself by accident (funny, didn't know you could do that)

Edited by theotherchrislewis

Also, last week, on a very muggy & rainy summers day, I went to the Kumeu Classic Car & Hot Rod Festival (as it's held just down the road from where I live). I went with some friends who are into their classic cars but to be honest, my car knowledge is pretty much non existant - so I went to check out the amazing designs and I think that it's interesting to check out the people who are extremely passionate and into something like this.. so i'd love to be able to tell you what is in these photos but it ain't gonna happen sorry.

1/ some nice pinstripe detailing

2/ a red car

3/ a white car

4/ a black car

5/ a maroon car

6/ a half gold, half black car (wIth flames!!!)

kumeuhotrodshow.jpg

Andes are on the shelf for now. The small hole turned into a small tear yesterday so I'm wearing my IH x SE overdyed today and until I get the repair done. Running around in the mountains Friday caused some stress to the hole and I don't really want it to get any worse. Will post pics later.

Last night I went to the Chinese Lantern Festival with some friends. In the 4 years that I've been, it was the busiest that i've ever seen it!!! Missed the opportunity to take a photo of the huge fireworks display while queuing up for some food. It's pretty hard to take a bad photo with such amazing designs - all lit up at night.... the pics are pretty self explanitory.

lanternfestival.jpg

Groove - when I first soaked them I noticed they sort of "clicked" when I walked. Once I started to get some fading, the inside crotch seam sort of broke where the hole is. It just started to get worse.

As far as a repair; I am waiting on some scrap denim then will either try to do it myself or send it to SENY. A Sufu member offered to take them in for me. I wanted to get them darned with the singer at SESF but don't know anyone near there.

Uke - thanks man i appreciate the offer, but I emailed Ande awhile ago and asked for some scraps. They should be arrIvIng shortly. Also, when you come to the great white north make sure you drive the Cabot trail (east coast). I also have a good friend that runs a hostel in Port Renfrew, BC and could possibly get you out on the ocean through his neighbors the "Big Fish Lodge". If I'm around here when you come through your welcome to by and have a few beers with the fam. If you give me enough warning I might even have place for you to stay.

Shit Noodle you wore through the crotch pretty darn quick! It takes me about one and half years before I need to patch up, did it yesterday on my old 15ozers actually, fairly crappy job but will do the trick for another year. That denim should be there soon, it's been a while. Customs can be a headache in Canada sometimes.

Good work fellas, loving the pic's. Would love to go to the Natural HIstory Museum one day and the Smithsonian.

Noodle....Ca't thank you enough for this kind offer - i'll definately look into it when we get down to planning our route in detail.

Thanks again Buddy.

Michael

Uke - thanks man i appreciate the offer, but I emailed Ande awhile ago and asked for some scraps. They should be arrIvIng shortly. Also, when you come to the great white north make sure you drive the Cabot trail (east coast). I also have a good friend that runs a hostel in Port Renfrew, BC and could possibly get you out on the ocean through his neighbors the "Big Fish Lodge". If I'm around here when you come through your welcome to by and have a few beers with the fam. If you give me enough warning I might even have place for you to stay.

great stuff guys. nothing else was going on tonight EXCEPT one of the most heated and storied rivalries in all of sports: duke vs. unc. it also produced one of the most dramatic finishes, 85-84, in favor of duke, my alma mater. we edged out a victory on a last-second-buzzer-beater-three-point-shot by our freshman phenom, austin rivers. it was an amazing finish to what really should have been a UNC win (they were the better team for most of the game). but this is what makes college basketball (and this rivalry) so great: anything can happen.

carolina fans can suck it.

moneyshot.jpg

to celebrate (on top of many, many, beers):

IMG_2340.jpg

i wish i could have gotten footage of all of us going ape shit over that last shot, but needless to say, taking photos was the last thing on my mind at the moment. as we say so often in durham: "go to hell, carolina, go to hell!"

Edited by grooveholmes

Ande - the denim came today, thanks a million. I have an idea for a patch that I think might work. Will post progress photos.

Maynard - at the age of 14, a zoroastrian named vilmer ritualistically shaved my testicles. there really is nothing like a shorn scrotum — it's breathtaking ... i suggest you try it.

not really on topic - but anyone else notice that the Hrtford Denim thread(s) have been removed?

Thinks thats Harsh - not really sure what anyone has done wrong?

hmmm... very strange. I feel like I just saw that thread yesterday. I'm guessing Big Brother didn't like Hartford trying to do a "sufu" jean? Who knows. Seems shady though

@groove - I didn't have a dog in that fight (thank god UGA is a football school, our basketball team is garbage). but as I was born and raised in north carolina, I had to watch. That 3 to end the game was crazy. I knew he was going to nail it, you could just feel it

Also, sorry for the lack of updates from me. I've been sick and haven't done too much interesting lately, though I do have a few pics that I'll try to get up here soon

Edited by robotbox